Alabama Fans? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama Fans?

And its going to be awsome watching those talented Flordia players playing for the Crimson Tide!

I don't understand how you can honestly believed that a man regarded as a liar is gonna have success recruiting kids, let alone kids from Florida.

Every competing program is going to tell recruits that Saban will only be there 3-4 years max, and they can look to his job record to prove it. If I were a high-profile recruit that was set on the SEC, you better believe that I would rather play for a guy like Meyer or Fulmer (maybe even Spurrier) before Saban.

I think Saban shot himself in the foot with his exit strategy. I don't see him being anywhere near as successful a recruiter at Alabama. Meyer will have most of the advantage when it comes to Florida recruits, and I don't see him losing many good ones to Saban.

I don't understand how you can honestly believed that a man regarded as a liar is gonna have success recruiting kids, let alone kids from Florida.

Every competing program is going to tell recruits that Saban will only be there 3-4 years max, and they can look to his job record to prove it. If I were a high-profile recruit that was set on the SEC, you better believe that I would rather play for a guy like Meyer or Fulmer (maybe even Spurrier) before Saban.

I think Saban shot himself in the foot with his exit strategy. I don't see him being anywhere near as successful a recruiter at Alabama. Meyer will have most of the advantage when it comes to Florida recruits, and I don't see him losing many good ones to Saban.

You're right.

Look at his record....on recruiting.
While you're at it, look at Kevin Steele's record on recruiting.
He won't be considered a liar beyond this instant hype, IMO.

Come on nobody can actually believe that if say in 3 years that Pete Carroll goes to the NFL and USC offers Saban a 10 year 50 million dollar contract that Saban wouldn't take it? Of course he would, because he reallly is the Larry Brown of football he can't stay put.

Come on nobody can actually believe that if say in 3 years that Pete Carroll goes to the NFL and USC offers Saban a 10 year 50 million dollar contract that Saban wouldn't take it? Of course he would, because he reallly is the Larry Brown of football he can't stay put.
The third Saturday in October can't get here soon enough.

Kev, im glad you got yourself a coach. I'd rather have saban there, than my rich rodriguez there...

Congrats man!

I hope we hold on to him as long as we possibly can. Im a little worried about after slaton and white leave though. Thats basically our whole offense. Schmitt our FB is coming back next year for his senior year though. That should help out

How's bama looking?

I hope we hold on to him as long as we possibly can. Im a little worried about after slaton and white leave though. Thats basically our whole offense. Schmitt our FB is coming back next year for his senior year though. That should help out

How's bama looking?
Great on offense...only worry is FB.
Not great on defense (esp. OLB & some DB issues).

I use to respect them as a program growing up. My dad's family is from around there. However, the past few years have showed me that they are one of the most classless organizations in NCAA football, and that was before the saban incident. Now, I can't blame them for trying to get saban, I put this latest thing on him alone. However, combine the past few years AND the fact that I now despise saban, I wish this program nothing but the worst for years to come. Their coaches, personnel department, and fans deserve nothing more.

Geaux Tigers!!! and Go Tigers!!!

:lol:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/news/2002/0201/1321198.html

Not so long ago :wink:

Not to mention the way the treated Shula. The guy never had a chance. Then there was the Price debacle. First-class? Classless.

Troll? :lol:...:whew:...:lol:
Well Alabama is off probation...and isn't that article about 5 years old?
HOW IS THE PRICE SITUATION CLASSLESS??? He was fired because HE was classless and partied with strippers on his UA card.

I don't agree with Shula's firing, but the point could still be made for firing him.

I don't understand how pathetic a lot of my fellow dolphins fans are. If you don't like him, big deal. Get over it. He had a losing record here, be glad he is gone. Call him a liar if it makes you feel better. I think we've all been looking through aqua colored glasses and seemed to have forgotten how bad of shape our team is actually in right now. Can you blame Nick? I sure don't think so.

So get a grip, Gonzo.
Go post where you regularly do.

Well Alabama is off probation...and isn't that article about 5 years old?
HOW IS THE PRICE SITUATION CLASSLESS??? He was fired because HE was classless and partied with strippers on his UA card.

I don't agree with Shula's firing, but the point could still be made for firing him.

I don't understand how pathetic a lot of my fellow dolphins fans are. If you don't like him, big deal. Get over it. He had a losing record here, be glad he is gone. Call him a liar if it makes you feel better. I think we've all been looking through aqua colored glasses and seemed to have forgotten how bad of shape our team is actually in right now. Can you blame Nick? I sure don't think so.

So get a grip, Gonzo.
Go post where you regularly do.
I'll post wherever I want. :wink:

I'll call him a liar, a failure, a coward, and a hypocrite. I'm expressing my reasoning as to why I no longer support the Alabama program. Call it the straw that broke the camel's back. And no, that wasn't that long ago. About 4 years ago. Not all that long, expect for a kid maybe. They are still feeling the effects. Just ask Shula. The Price firing was classless because it was hypocritical, especially coming from that group of boosters.

Don't like my opposing view? Too bad.

I'll post wherever I want. :wink:

I'll call him a liar, a failure, a coward, and a hypocrite. I'm expressing my reasoning as to why I no longer support the Alabama program. Call it the straw that broke the camel's back. And no, that wasn't that long ago. About 4 years ago. Not all that long, expect for a kid maybe. They are still feeling the effects. Just ask Shula. The Price firing was classless because it was hypocritical, especially coming from that group of boosters.

Don't like my opposing view? Too bad.
No I don't like your views...drop the Price issue, drop past probation, and get over the fact that Saban is still not your coach.
The more you guys call him a liar, failure, coward, the sorrier and sorrier it gets. I wouldn't bash him if he didn't come to UA. I didn't even bash Franchione when he left for Texas A&M. Say what you want, but this is an issue where Dolphins fans are going to have to grow up.

And AS A DOLPHINS FAN, the more we complain and the more the media makes fun of Saban, the more it still hurts our team. We look like a joke right now and are considering 2nd rate coaches because of it. I'm pissed about this much more as a Dolphins fan than as a UA fan the more I think about it.

How was the firing of Mike Shula classless. He wasnt getting the job done. If thats classless then so was the firing of Wanny, or how about forcing Dan Marino to retire. Teams do what they have to do to win. Bottom line. Shula lost the last 4 games of the season. Including to Miss St. the worst team in the SEC and Auburn 4 years in a row. He was running a zone blocking scheme that didnt fit the offence and refused to change it. He called the offensive plays and refused to give over the play calling duties when he was doing a horrible job. If he didnt get fired this year he would have next, why wait.

Back
Top Bottom