Aldon Smith arrested at LAX | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX

The "naked picture machines" you are talking about are no longer used. They haven't been for some time. Why? Because people spoke out about them and their general ineffectiveness (sadly, you are more worried about people seeing your dick than the fact that the machines couldn't identify a knife carried on the side). It doesn't change the fact that security is needed at airports. It also doesn't make it okay to yell "BOMB" when you're all pissy about getting searched.

First, backscatter machines are still in use in some airports. Second, the backlash against them is entirely justified. They are X-Ray devices. The company that manufactures them flat-out made up the studies that claim they aren't X-ray devices. Frequent air travelers (and I used to be one) were / are being exposed to absurd amounts of radiation. I always, always, always, opt for the pat down.

And yes, as he points out, Michael Chertoff, the former head of DHS, joined the board of the company that manufactures those machines shortly after DHS put in a purchase order for quite a few of 'em.

Aldon Smith is still a moron.

First, backscatter machines are still in use in some airports. Second, the backlash against them is entirely justified. They are X-Ray devices. The company that manufactures them flat-out made up the studies that claim they aren't X-ray devices. Frequent air travelers (and I used to be one) were / are being exposed to absurd amounts of radiation. I always, always, always, opt for the pat down.

And yes, as he points out, Michael Chertoff, the former head of DHS, joined the board of the company that manufactures those machines shortly after DHS put in a purchase order for quite a few of 'em.

Aldon Smith is still a moron.

Where did I support those use of those machines? Quite the opposite, actually. I fully acknowledge that the TSA isn't perfect and should continue to face scrutiny. It's the idea that they should be removed completely and that people boarding planes shouldn't be subject to searches that I disagree with. I didn't realize some airports still use them though. That should certainly be remedied. A big corporation lied? Never! :lol: Unfortunately, like any big corporation, they are completely immune to punishment for doing so, despite the fact that it cost the country a ton of money.

As of this reply, Aldon Smith remains a moron.

Fair enough. Backscatter machines are a personal pet peeve of mine.

I had to ask for a lot of pat downs the year I racked up 310,000 miles on American.

Again another one who is so quick to give up rights for this so called safety!!! There hasn't been one act of terrorism stopped because of the tsa but there have been 400 agents arrested for stealing people's **** while checking bags hmmmmm wake up...just cause u wanna hand over your rights doesn't mean I or anyone else should

You are not giving up rights....flying is not a right and in exchange for the opportunity to fly you are allowing them to search you....just as in being searched before entering a stadium, amusement park....

You are not giving up rights....flying is not a right and in exchange for the opportunity to fly you are allowing them to search you....just as in being searched before entering a stadium, amusement park....

You are giving up rights regardless. people give it up because some feel it makes them safer. funny thing is prior to 9/11 without the so called extra measures Hijacking a Us plane had been basically elimated by x ray machines.

You are giving up rights regardless. people give it up because some feel it makes them safer. funny thing is prior to 9/11 without the so called extra measures Hijacking a Us plane had been basically elimated by x ray machines.

What right am I giving up? I'm still flying and all I have to deal with is the occasional pat down. I don't have to get the pat down. I can easily opt out of it. Of course, I have to find a different way of getting places, but that's doable if I'm that skerd of getting an occasional pat down and am convinced that it's violating my rights. Again, flying isn't a "right;" it's merely a convenient travel option. I can't remember the last time I had to go through an X-ray machine, which you can opt out of anyway.

Aldon Smith is still an idiot, regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rights only apply in the eyes of the law...

Example: Freedom of Speech doesn't apply in private institutions or one's job, but one can't be arrested for what they say...that is where the rights come into play...

Here's a funny before I address the name calling later when I have time...image.jpg

As crazy as it sounds I say get rid of the agency all together and just let everyone that wants to carry a gun do so. Nobody is highjacking a plane in those circumstances. Maybe an actual firearm is a bit over the top since the cabin is pressurized but maybe everybody having stun guns could work. Putting my tin foil hat back on now.

Ouch

Santa Clara PoliceVerified account
‏@SantaClaraPD
From the PIO: SCPD arrested Aldon Smith last night for Hit&Run, DUI, and vandalism. A press release will be provided later this morning.

forget cutting him, jail him

Back
Top Bottom