Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill

Phill in is a weak minded weasel but when Tannehill was getting picked off by practice squad players and crying about it, that's leadership!

Oh and he didn't lead this team to the playoffs, you should revise that. You can say he lead all you want but the dude is 0-0 in frickin 6 or 7 yrs in this league, ZERO playoff appearances.
Joe. Calm down. You’ll blow your cover.

Please please please never change that avatar, I want to remember who was all in for Tannehill. Because when this organization finally wakes up and moves on from him, I don't want to hear the same people finally admitting he sucks.

You gotta be a Tannehill supporter forever now. I mean only a retard in the first place could support that guy, but please keep the support. It's gonna be hilarious in .,a year or 2 when the you realize what literally the entire football world does.

Really, what are you....like 5 years old?

Because they keep moving the goal posts:

Can't stop getting passes batted down - exposed
Can't get QB rating above 90 - exposed
Can't improve his YPA - exposed
Can't throw the long ball - exposed
Can't move in the pocket - exposed
Can't lead team to the playoffs - exposed

He still can’t move in the pocket and still hasn’t led the team to the playoffs. Batted passes better. QB rating for career still below 90.

He still can’t move in the pocket and still hasn’t led the team to the playoffs. Batted passes better. QB rating for career still below 90.
Do you know how many QBs have a career QB rating over 90?

Luck's career QBR is 87.3, not exceeded 96.5
Cam Newton's career QBR is 85.3, Eli's 83.5, Marino's 86.4,

Well you get the idea.. another false "benchmark" narrative debunked

ahhh a rhetorical question.
There are alot of great individual seasons amongst QBs... Guys who do it on a consistent basis are rare... Some years it's OMG we screwed up look at Foles! Some it's OMG we screwed up look at Carr, or Newton or.... Reality is, if your career rating is over 90 when it's all said and done, you're an all time great...

Brady 97.6
Taylor 91.2
Roethlisberger 94
Watson 103 (in the few games he played)
Rivers 94.8
Cousins 94.8
Prescott 95.8
Rodgers 103.8
Wilson 98.8
Ryan 93.4
Brees 96.7

Mariota, Dalton, Goff, Wentz all 88 or higher. Still higher than Tannehill. Excluding Watson that makes Tannehill middle of the pack which everyone but his hardcore fans can see clearly.

Taylor 91.2
Watson 103 (in the few games he played)
Prescott 95.8
Mariota 88.6
Goff
Wentz

Those are the guys the Fins had a shot at to replace Tannehill, on top of 51 other QBs drafted since 2012... Not very good odds...

There are alot of great individual seasons amongst QBs... Guys who do it on a consistent basis are rare... Some years it's OMG we screwed up look at Foles! Some it's OMG we screwed up look at Carr, or Newton or.... Reality is, if your career rating is over 90 when it's all said and done, you're an all time great...

I don't necessarily agree with that, I don't believe any 1 statistics indicates what an all time great is. To me an all time great nowadays is someone who has been consistently at the top in most of the major passing categories most important IMO y/a TD% and Int%. Plus Chad Pennnington has a career rating over 90 and while a good QB no one would say he's an all time great.

I don't necessarily agree with that, I don't believe any 1 statistics indicates what an all time great is. To me an all time great nowadays is someone who has been consistently at the top in most of the major passing categories most important IMO y/a TD% and Int%. Plus Chad Pennnington has a career rating over 90 and while a good QB no one would say he's an all time great.
Fair enough, Y/A, TD% and INT% makeup a good chunk of the passer rating, which is why I used that stat... There are certainly exceptions to that rule and Chap P is one.

Back
Top Bottom