Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill

I'd like to believe we have a little more talent than the Browns, they won 19 games since 2012 we won 45 in the same span. I don't believe Miami has ever been as bad as the Browns, at our worst since 2012 we won 6 games at our best 10, at their worst they won 0 games at their best they won 7. They've had 4 coaches since 2012 we've had 2. While Philbin may not have been great I don't believe he was terrible and gave us 3 years and a quarter of ok coaching and stability which might be more important in the long run to young players. If Philbin went to Cleveland and went 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, he'd probably be a candidate for COY, that would be the Brows best 3 year stretch since 92-94.

Unfortunately for him the Dolphins have higher standard so that doesn't cut it here.

Man Campbell was a better H.C than Queasy, he only lasted as long as he did because he was Ross's selection and Ross wanted to be proven right when he was so very, very wrong. Every year under Queasy this team would melt at the end of the season, dude had no mental toughness at all. That's how the name "Queasy" got stared, he even admitted it himself lol. But that timeout against GB was the worst, he literally won the game for GB that day lol. I guess he got Queasy again, so glad he's gone.

I'd like to believe we have a little more talent than the Browns, they won 19 games since 2012 we won 45 in the same span. I don't believe Miami has ever been as bad as the Browns, at our worst since 2012 we won 6 games at our best 10, at their worst they won 0 games at their best they won 7. They've had 4 coaches since 2012 we've had 2. While Philbin may not have been great I don't believe he was terrible and gave us 3 years and a quarter of ok coaching and stability which might be more important in the long run to young players. If Philbin went to Cleveland and went 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, he'd probably be a candidate for COY, that would be the Browns best 3 year stretch since 92-94.

Unfortunately for him the Dolphins have higher standard so that doesn't cut it here.

Philbin was terrible. The Dolphins have had 3 head coaches since 2012 (Philbin, Campbell, Gase) and 4 OCs (Sherman, Lazor, dude that Campbell promoted, and Gase).

The point is that you seem quick to point out the supporting cast when other QBs struggle. Just looking for a bit more consistency.

As for the actual topic of this thread seems obvious Alex Smith vs. Tannehill. Simply compare their playoff stats.

Philbin was terrible. The Dolphins have had 3 head coaches since 2012 (Philbin, Campbell, Gase) and 4 OCs (Sherman, Lazor, dude that Campbell promoted, and Gase).

The point is that you seem quick to point out the supporting cast when other QBs struggle. Just looking for a bit more consistency.

Theres a big difference in being inconsistent after 5 years worth of games, and struggling because the team can't seem to commit to you and don't let you get valuable in game experience as a starter. Fry started 19 games in 3 years for the browns-Quinn 12 games in 3 years-McCoy 21 games in 3 years- Weeden 20 games in 2 years-Johnny 8 games in 2 years but that was his fault-Kessler 8 games in 2 years-Jury's out on how long they give Kiser. If the Dolphins treated a QB they drafted like that I'd be pissed. Even Chad Henne was given 31 games in 3 years he started and he would have gotten more if not for his injury in 2011. So the Dolphins at least were willing to give that dude 3 solid years of play to evaluate him.

None of them were given a fair shot, to even get in game experience. Theres also a HUGE difference in playing for the Browns and playing for the Dolphins. The Browns are probably going to go down as the worse team of the decade, the Dolphins are nowhere near that conversation. You put Brady on this team least year maybe we win 9-10 games, you put Brady on the Browns. 2 losing seasons in 5 years is not a terrible team, were certainly not good but i wouldn't call us terrible or anywhere near what the browns have been this decade. At 6-10 this year thats still more wins than the Browns have had the last 3 years, do you know how awful it must be to root for that team. May god have mercy on them.

Not good but is that because of their individual talent or because that team is one of the worst in history. While i believe a qb can do reasonably well on a mediocre team, i dont know if i can say there is a QB out there would have success in the dumpster fire that is the browns.

Maybe some of them would have at least been half way mediocre had they been drafted by anyone besides the browns. So did the browns destroy their shot at a decent career or were they going to suck no matter what? I don't really know. Since 2005 their longest tenured coach was crennel at 4 years the rest were 2 and done or 1 and done. I gotta imagine its hard to be successful with that much turnover, having to learn new scheme, playbook, adjusting to new coaching philosophy and such. Also considering if you aren't a 1st rd pick new coaches are more quick to give you less of shot because you aren't "their guy."

But to answer your question they have not worked out.
this sounds like tannehills career.

Theres a big difference in being inconsistent after 5 years worth of games, and struggling because the team can't seem to commit to you and don't let you get valuable in game experience as a starter. Fry started 19 games in 3 years for the browns-Quinn 12 games in 3 years-McCoy 21 games in 3 years- Weeden 20 games in 2 years-Johnny 8 games in 2 years but that was his fault-Kessler 8 games in 2 years-Jury's out on how long they give Kiser. If the Dolphins treated a QB they drafted like that I'd be pissed. Even Chad Henne was given 31 games in 3 years he started and he would have gotten more if not for his injury in 2011. So the Dolphins at least were willing to give that dude 3 solid years of play to evaluate him.

None of them were given a fair shot, to even get in game experience. Theres also a HUGE difference in playing for the Browns and playing for the Dolphins. The Browns are probably going to go down as the worse team of the decade, the Dolphins are nowhere near that conversation. You put Brady on this team least year maybe we win 9-10 games, you put Brady on the Browns. 2 losing seasons in 5 years is not a terrible team, were certainly not good but i wouldn't call us terrible or anywhere near what the browns have been this decade. At 6-10 this year thats still more wins than the Browns have had the last 3 years, do you know how awful it must be to root for that team. May god have mercy on them.

It is now on record that Philbin undermined Tannehill. Philbin is a weak-minded weasel. You can talk about consistency all you want, but the fact is that Tannehill was the most consistent part of the organization during the Failbin years. First year with a coach that doesn't have his head up his ass and magically we have a top 12 QB. Even the Browns have been able to put together an OL better than the Dolphins.

As for the actual topic of this thread seems obvious Alex Smith vs. Tannehill. Simply compare their playoff stats.
Do you think this has more to do with the Chiefs having a much better team than Smith being better than Tannehill? Of course you do! Or at least I hope you do.

Oddly, he can't see that. F'n weird.

Look man I am not going to bring up our current QB, i don't want to talk about him, i am waiting for the 2018 season to start before passing judgement. But I'd be pissed if our QB was never allowed to play a full season. Thats the kind of crap loser franchises do and this is not a loser franchise. I'll gladly talk about anything else besides Tannehill.

Because they keep moving the goal posts:

Can't stop getting passes batted down - exposed
Can't get QB rating above 90 - exposed
Can't improve his YPA - exposed
Can't throw the long ball - exposed
Can't move in the pocket - exposed
Can't lead team to the playoffs - exposed

Please please please never change that avatar, I want to remember who was all in for Tannehill. Because when this organization finally wakes up and moves on from him, I don't want to hear the same people finally admitting he sucks.

You gotta be a Tannehill supporter forever now. I mean only a retard in the first place could support that guy, but please keep the support. It's gonna be hilarious in a year or 2 when the you realize what literally the entire football world does.

It is now on record that Philbin undermined Tannehill. Philbin is a weak-minded weasel. You can talk about consistency all you want, but the fact is that Tannehill was the most consistent part of the organization during the Failbin years. First year with a coach that doesn't have his head up his *** and magically we have a top 12 QB. Even the Browns have been able to put together an OL better than the Dolphins.

Phill in is a weak minded weasel but when Tannehill was getting picked off by practice squad players and crying about it, that's leadership!

Oh and he didn't lead this team to the playoffs, you should revise that. You can say he lead all you want but the dude is 0-0 in frickin 6 or 7 yrs in this league, ZERO playoff appearances.

Phill in is a weak minded weasel but when Tannehill was getting picked off by practice squad players and crying about it, that's leadership!

Oh and he didn't lead this team to the playoffs, you should revise that. You can say he lead all you want but the dude is 0-0 in frickin 6 or 7 yrs in this league, ZERO playoff appearances.
Don't know where to start. Utterly embarrassing. How dare somebody support their QB. Good thing you will be around to throw it in people's faces when you root for him to fail. Then maybe you can get someone to explain the practice player in the walk thru story..I can't believe some people still throw this crappy story out without having an idea what actually happened. Not really surprised we still have people like this in our fan base. I honestly feel like I have to take a shower after reading these posts. You don't like Tannehill, fine. Some like him a lot, fine. Some fans hoping for bad things to stick it in people's faces of the same fan base? Weak and pathetic.

Somebody needs a bottle and a nap.

Please please please never change that avatar, I want to remember who was all in for Tannehill. Because when this organization finally wakes up and moves on from him, I don't want to hear the same people finally admitting he sucks.

You gotta be a Tannehill supporter forever now. I mean only a retard in the first place could support that guy, but please keep the support. It's gonna be hilarious in a year or 2 when the you realize what literally the entire football world does.
2ll0htw.jpg

He beat you up in high school, huh?

Back
Top Bottom