Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill

So because i have previously stated i didn't think Tannehill was the answer and gave my opinion on him, if I post anything about Tannehill even if i just say something simple like he threw a lot of passes in college, it will always be interpreted as some underlying dig? I can no longer post about Tannehill without other posters thinking im bashing him in some way?If next year he continues 2016 successful run and proves me wrong (which I hope he does) and i say Ryan Tannehill is a damn good QB...it will be taken as me having hidden motives?

My supposed detraction has less to do with Tannehill and more to do with some posters who seemingly like to blame everyone BUT him. The hypocriticalness of saying the ineptitude of Philbin and lack of talent is what is holding back Tannehill yet no other player seems to get that excuse. If other players play bad, its solely their fault and not their surroundings. Example the run game is constantly been blamed as a culprit for Ryan's lack of success in terms of wins as if having the worst OL in the league only affects the QB. As if having a bad coach only affects Ryan and not the rest of the team.

As tiring as it is for the Tannehill supporters to see threads/posts bashing Tannehill, i'm sure its equally as tiring for Tannehill haters to see threads/posts praising him. The supporters seemingly never have anything negative to say about him, while the haters seemingly never have anything positive to say about him. I personally don't see myself as a Tannehill hater because I want him to succeed even if I don't believe he has the goods nor do I believe him to be a bad QB. I'd like to believe im impartial but I also like to believe I'm amazing in bed so what do i know. Haters probably rank him to low and supporters probably rank him too high. To me the only way to prove his worth is to have consistently good seasons of good play for the majority of the season, not just a 7 or 8 game stretch.

I come here to discuss the Dolphins and if someone disagrees with my opinion i don't mind a little back and forth. I like to believe I'm reasonably cordial besides that one thread sorry "finfaninbuffalo."

Thats my speech and I am done talking about Ryan Tannehill until the 2018 season starts. May he throw 56 TD's and bring the record back, this is why I have I only have 535 post since 2003. #All opinions matter #God Bless America.

You can't be sensitive on here. It's not personal. Don't ever go in to the pofo.... consider that friendly advice.

If you've been on here just reading without posting you should understand why people are so jumpy when it comes to threads involving RT. It's been a roller coaster of nonsense including 6 in game threads started each week about how bad he sucks if the slightest mistake even happened in the game. Literally.
We endured 2 years of the "can't throw deep" threads ad nauseum, despite every ounce of evidence proving otherwise. Them there was the pocket presence conflict of 2015.... despite numerous metrics showing the oline was a turnstile. I mean the guy broke the record for consecutive completions and people STILL bashed him when he threw that 26th one and it fell incomplete.

It's been exhausting.

You can't be sensitive on here. It's not personal. Don't ever go in to the pofo.... consider that friendly advice.

If you've been on here just reading without posting you should understand why people are so jumpy when it comes to threads involving RT. It's been a roller coaster of nonsense including 6 in game threads started each week about how bad he sucks if the slightest mistake even happened in the game. Literally.
We endured 2 years of the "can't throw deep" threads ad nauseum, despite every ounce of evidence proving otherwise. Them there was the pocket presence conflict of 2015.... despite numerous metrics showing the oline was a turnstile. I mean the guy broke the record for consecutive completions and people STILL bashed him when he threw that 26th one and it fell incomplete.

It's been exhausting.

Pofo?

OMG dude where in this exchange did i say anything negative about Tannehill if you can show me, I will log out right now and go away. I simply said he had 774 something pass attempts in reference to the gentleman who said he learned to play QB in the NFL.

Don't lump me with other people when i have stated multiple times that he is the best QB we've had since Marino. I never said he sucked or that we should cut him or anything of the sort. My biggest issue is inconsistency not lack of talent.
Dude you’re wasting too much energy on Tannehill and other posters in this thread. These posters will go down with Tannehill when he’s gone in two years or so. There’s a reason opposing coaches, opposing fans, opposing players, the media, hell even some Dolphins fans and past Miami coaches don’t think highly of Tannehill. You don’t hear in anyone’s game plan like hey how do we stop Tannehill. No one on the opposition is sweating when Tannehill has the ball with less than 2 mins to go with Miami being down by 4-8 pts. Tannehill’s best season was under Philbin. 27 and 12 and he didn’t go to the pro bowl. Why? Because the players and fans voting respected freaking Andy Dalton more. Tannehill isn’t garbage, he’s average. His career 86.5 passer rating is proof of this. Occasionally he can be above average. You’ll get 2-3 stinkers, 10 average games, and 2-3 above average games from Tannehill every year.

Tannehill isn’t a problem. Though too many games he’s just there. He’s needs to be part of the solution which most times he isn’t.

I don’t know what Tannehill did to make people fall in love him but... how he gets this shield from scrutiny is a forever mystery to me.

Dude you’re wasting too much energy on Tannehill and other posters in this thread. These posters will go down with Tannehill when he’s gone in two years or so. There’s a reason opposing coaches, opposing fans, opposing players, the media, hell even some Dolphins fans and past Miami coaches don’t think highly of Tannehill. You don’t hear in anyone’s game plan like hey how do we stop Tannehill. No one on the opposition is sweating when Tannehill has the ball with less than 2 mins to go with Miami being down by 4-8 pts. Tannehill’s best season was under Philbin. 27 and 12 and he didn’t go to the pro bowl. Why? Because the players and fans voting respected freaking Andy Dalton more. Tannehill isn’t garbage, he’s average. His career 86.5 passer rating is proof of this. Occasionally he can be above average. You’ll get 2-3 stinkers, 10 average games, and 2-3 above average games from Tannehill every year.

Tannehill isn’t a problem. Though too many games he’s just there. He’s needs to be part of the solution which most times he isn’t.

I don’t know what Tannehill did to make people fall in love him but... how he gets this shield from scrutiny is a forever mystery to me.

Because Quesy Joe is so much smarter than Adam Gase (who supports Tannehill btw). We truly do have a stupid fanbase lmao.

Yeah because everything Gase says is true. How naive can everyone be?

Not his words, but his actions. Why do you suppose he was comfotable wiht Matt More as the back up this season? Couldn't possibly have anything to do with his belief in Tannehill does it lol. Tannehill is going to expose a lot of ignorant folks in '18, and personally I can not f****** wait. Regardless of what our "smart" fans think they know, Gase is 100000000000X smarter than them in terms of football IQ, and will prove that in the coming years.

Yeah because everything Gase says is true. How naive can everyone be?
Tannehill was a major reason Gase came here and put his "money" where his mouth is reworking RT. The result: once his system kicked in over his last 8 games he put up top 8-10 QB numbers and winning record as well as being one of the 2016 elite deep passers and clean pocket passers (with the 30th ranked OL, obviously that wasn't too often)

But don't let facts stand in the way of an embedded narrative

I think Clevelands lack of success has less to do with them using 7 picks on QB's in the last 112 picks. And more to do with them just drafting really bad with the other 105 picks.

But, how are the QBs that they selected working out? That is the question.

Not his words, but his actions. Why do you suppose he was comfotable wiht Matt More as the back up this season? Couldn't possibly have anything to do with his belief in Tannehill does it lol. Tannehill is going to expose a lot of ignorant folks in '18, and personally I can not f****** wait. Regardless of what our "smart" fans think they know, Gase is 100000000000X smarter than them in terms of football IQ, and will prove that in the coming years.
Yeah signing bum cutler showed how comfortable he was with Matt Moore. Lol why is it taking Tannehill half a decade plus to expose ignorant folks?

But, how are the QBs that they selected working out? That is the question.

Not good but is that because of their individual talent or because that team is one of the worst in history. While i believe a qb can do reasonably well on a mediocre team, i dont know if i can say there is a QB out there would have success in the dumpster fire that is the browns.

Maybe some of them would have at least been half way mediocre had they been drafted by anyone besides the browns. So did the browns destroy their shot at a decent career or were they going to suck no matter what? I don't really know. Since 2005 their longest tenured coach was crennel at 4 years the rest were 2 and done or 1 and done. I gotta imagine its hard to be successful with that much turnover, having to learn new scheme, playbook, adjusting to new coaching philosophy and such. Also considering if you aren't a 1st rd pick new coaches are more quick to give you less of shot because you aren't "their guy."

But to answer your question they have not worked out.

Yeah signing bum cutler showed how comfortable he was with Matt Moore. Lol why is it taking Tannehill half a decade plus to expose ignorant folks?

Because they keep moving the goal posts:

Can't stop getting passes batted down - exposed
Can't get QB rating above 90 - exposed
Can't improve his YPA - exposed
Can't throw the long ball - exposed
Can't move in the pocket - exposed
Can't lead team to the playoffs - exposed

Not good but is that because of their individual talent or because that team is one of the worst in history. While i believe a qb can do reasonably well on a mediocre team, i dont know if i can say there is a QB out there would have success in the dumpster fire that is the browns.

Maybe some of them would have at least been half way mediocre had they been drafted by anyone besides the browns. So did the browns destroy their shot at a decent career or were they going to suck no matter what? I don't really know. Since 2005 their longest tenured coach was crennel at 4 years the rest were 2 and done or 1 and done. I gotta imagine its hard to be successful with that much turnover, having to learn new scheme, playbook, adjusting to new coaching philosophy and such. Also considering if you aren't a 1st rd pick new coaches are more quick to give you less of shot because you aren't "their guy."

But to answer your question they have not worked out.

LOL. Do you have any idea how ironic that post is?

Matt Moore is a bum too, Cutler was only signed out of desperation. If he truly wasn't impressed with Tannehill, having Matt Moore as your back up after Tannehill's surgery was quite a gamble to say the least, but he obviously believes in Tannehill (even though that KILLS some). And in terms of it taking him a half a decade plus, well I would argue with you that a coach is even more important than a QB in football, and Tannehill was stuck with one of the worst his entire career until Gase was hired (thanks Ross). You don't think if a team like Seattle drafted him with that H.C and defense it would have changed the outlook of Tannehill's career so far? Hell even Pete Caroll was infactuated with Tannehill during the draft process, I guess he is an idiot too: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1146950. What a surprise Tannehill thrived in his first season with a competent offensive mind, you can bet I was real "shocked" over his 2016 success ;). This is Tanneill's year, and he is going to expose a lot of folks, one way or the other...

Last edited:
LOL. Do you have any idea how ironic that post is?

I'd like to believe we have a little more talent than the Browns, they won 19 games since 2012 we won 45 in the same span. I don't believe Miami has ever been as bad as the Browns, at our worst since 2012 we won 6 games at our best 10, at their worst they won 0 games at their best they won 7. They've had 4 coaches since 2012 we've had 2. While Philbin may not have been great I don't believe he was terrible and gave us 3 years and a quarter of ok coaching and stability which might be more important in the long run to young players. If Philbin went to Cleveland and went 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, he'd probably be a candidate for COY, that would be the Browns best 3 year stretch since 92-94.

Unfortunately for him the Dolphins have higher standard so that doesn't cut it here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom