All Time Favorite Dolphin (besides Marino) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Time Favorite Dolphin (besides Marino)

It's gotta be Zack Thomas. A guy who not only has skills, but plays with a lot of heart as well.

Tie, Larry Csonka and AJ Duhe

Honorable mention: Mark Clayton

Side Note: Had Junior Seau been a Phin all his career he would have been my choice hands down.

Since he arrived from Purdue, Bob Griese. Csonka lost a little luster when he left for the World Football League.

Mark Royals was a class act, had some great twenty yard boots...

well i wasnt around for any phins players who are really retired so i would say o.j mcduffie

Offense:Czonka, Marks Brothers, Stephenson, Langer, Little, and Ricky for two seasons!
Defense:Cox, Bowens Offerdahl, Zach, Surtain, Manny Feranandez,

obviously ....Mr . john offerdahl ...... all the team played better when he was in monster player , other favourites ...80´s ...don strock ,dwight stephenson , lyle blackwood , kim bokamper , doug betters of the killer beeeeess ....also ..... clayton and duper , jim jensen ,..70´s ...manny fernandez , paul warfield , larry csonka and griese .

Offerdahl was the man!!!

Of course- Clayton and Duper, Jim Jensen, Tony Nathan, A.J Duhe, the Blackwood's (and the rest of the Killer Bee's of course), Nat Moore and Jimmy Cefalo... and you can add Zach and JT to the list of all time greats!

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but there's my list (I wasn't around in the early 70's, so I didn't add in anyone from those years).

But, right up there with Dan on top of the list would have to be Don Shula :hail:

Norm Bulaich (loved hearing the crowd yell BOOOOOOO!!! whenever he touched the ball) also Don Nottingham (the human bowling ball)...Merc. Morris, P. Warfield, Duriel Harris, Nat Moore, I live in Toledo, Oh so I gotta mention Curtis Johnson (he is a firefighter here now) Don McNeal I could go on and on and on...

i know its a bit of a cop out, but the '72 undefeated team, they are on the ring of honor as " one ". if i have to pick one player i go csonka, an incredible physical force. infact my dream backfield for all time any player any team would be csonka at fb and earl cambpell at hb. the way these two runners attacked defenders the oposing teams defense wouldn't have a single player under 270lbs make it thru the game alive.

good choices by everyone i always loved the marks bros,and O.J.

I also always liked Roby and louis oliver...........maybe im a lil wierd listing a punter but he was awesome.

phinfnatic said:
good choices by everyone i always loved the marks bros,and O.J.

I also always liked Roby and louis oliver...........maybe im a lil wierd listing a punter but he was awesome.
I actually thought of Roby too...I remember sitting way up in the Orange Bowl watching him boot the ball higher than me and about 50 yards into the wind.

Dwight Stephenson is just one of those guys though, that at the time (especially being a center) you just didn't appreciate until he was gone.

With several people mentioning Brian Cox, it brought me back to the game when he challenged the Bengals bench after someone put a cheap shot on Pete Stoyanovich. I was fortunate enough to be at that game and it made me an instant fan of Cox.

So many 2nd favorites. Does anyone remember Mark Higgs? I always pulled for him, because he was like the Dolphin's "Rudy".

for sure will poole--made his jersey--cost me $91 cause it had to be personalized

Back
Top Bottom