All Time Favorite Dolphin (besides Marino) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Time Favorite Dolphin (besides Marino)

I loved Hugh Green. Too bad he got injured.

Mark "super" Duper and Louis Oliver!

Mikefan22 here!!

I'd have to say Tony Nathan. Class act all the way!! :cooldude: Zonk was also one of my favorites. I guess if they put on a fin UNI then I liked them!! :)

I have three: 1. Larry Csonka - I'll never forget against Minnesota in the Super Bowl, Zonk setting the record for the most yards rushing. Happened on my 7th birthday, couldn't have had a better present. Broke his nose nine times, he used to wear that ring above his facemask to protect his nose.

2. Dick Anderson - Best strong safety the Dolphins have ever had. Could always be counted on to make the big game changing play. Watched him intercept Terry Bradshaw three times on Monday night football, running two back for touchdowns if memory serves. He got hurt in the Superstars competition and was never the same.

3. Dwight Stevenson - The best center I've ever seen play. I remember when Marty Lyons of the Jets clippped him on an interception return. Very dirty play, cost Stevenson his career. One of the many reasons to hate the Jets.

A guy who was always there in the clutch -- Bruce Hardy. And a guy who gave his game jersey to my dad to give me for Christmas when I was 7 -- Rusty Chambers, #51. RIP Rusty.

Strock, Stephenson and Nathan. Cox gets honorable mention, loved the intensity that guy played with. That San Diego comeback loss was probaly the greatest game Ive ever seen in my life.

Good posts, nice to remember what a proud tradition of great players and teams we have. One 4-12 season cant erase all the great winning seasons and hall of famers we have. Hope all the haters enjoyed this season because Saban is going to have us right back there in a year or two.

Oh Yeah....

SMadison29 said:
Do you really consider Czonka a FB though?

Csonka was definitely a fullback when the fullbacks actually did more than block. If you needed three yards - give it to Csonka. I remember in one game against the Jets, it was a third and three and the announcer said that "everyone in the Western Hemisphere knows who's going to get the ball." He did, and got the first down.

Oh, by the way, Csonka is my favorite dolphin, as if you couldn't tell.

Got to run. This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.

PhinzPhanatic said:
Just wondering who is your favorite all time Dolphin player (excluding Dan the Man). I'd have to go with Troy Stratford or OJ McDuffie.

On defense I'd say AJ Duhe or Jake Scott
its hard to give one yet i really dont have a favourite player

but ill keep it to three guys who stand out :

nowadays i like jason taylor,chambers

i like ricky williams and wish he wouldnt have defected and hope that he decides to return in order to help us.

of past, ive liked ruddy, jim jensen, clayton, richmond webb, bryan (f*ck you) cox, louis oliver, uwe von schaman, reggie roby. i like them all. there are some i didnt like but few. i like whats his face? rosenfels. i dont know. i like them all. man, i shouldnt have posted.

edit: i saw somebody with dwight stephenson. i dug him as well. which brought to mind, somehow, oronde gadsden with the alien hands. man i liked them all. man, i shouldnt have edited.

ricky williams said:
dan marino is my least favorite dolphin. he is an arrogant prick. i feel the ban coming. but it is only an opion.
your feelings for dan isnt the reason you should be banned. but then if you were to be banned for a reason, you AND i should both be banned.

How the hell did it take 19 posts in this thread for Csonka's name to come up?

That's really a statement about the youth of the people on this board.

Csonka was the greatest. Yes, he was a FB. He was a punishing runner and he was either going to get the ball by you by going around you,..... or THROUGH you.

To you youngins.........Do yourself a favor if you haven't appreciated his career. Go to NFL films. Go to Ebay. Find something from his era and watch him. It's nothing less than old school prototypical beat the hell out of your opponent running.

He was truly great. Still is.

Griese, Csonka, Mercury Morris, Paul Warfield, Duper and Clayton....I can go on and on......Manny Fernandez...Jake Scott....AJ Duhe.....Zach Thomas....Stephenson

All-Time Marino2Clayton Team

QB - Dan Marino, Bob Griese
RB - Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, Jim Kiick, Tony Nathan
T - Richmond Webb, Norm Evans, Jeff Dellenbach T/C), Wayne Moore,
G - Larry Little, Bob Kuechenberg, Harry Galbreath, Roy Foster
C- Jim Langer, Dwight Stephenson
WR - Paul Warfield, Mark Clayton, Mark Duper, Nat Moore, OJ McDuffie, Duriel Harris
TE - Kieth Jackson, Marv Flemming

DE- Jason Taylor, Kim Bokamper, Doug Betters, Bill Stanfill, Jeff Cross
DT - Manny Fernandez, Bob Baumhower, Tim Bowens
LB - AJ Duhe, Nick Buoniconti, John Offerdahl, Zack Thomas, Bryan Cox, Hugh Green, Bill Swift
S - Jake Scott, Dick Anderson, Glenn Blackwood
CB - Troy Vincent, Curtis Johnson, Pat Surtain, Paul Lankford, Sam Madison

P - Reggie Roby
K - Pete Stoyonovich
All Purpose - Jim Jensen

Back
Top Bottom