All Time Favorite Dolphin (besides Marino) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Time Favorite Dolphin (besides Marino)

Man Terry Kirby and Sammie Smith (Mr.Fumbles)....I would pick a Offenceive lineman from this year but wait there wasnt even one who was any good :) lol

As much flak as I might get....Jay Fiedler

He won me over against Oakland a couple of years ago. He had just thrown an interception that gave the Raiders the lead in the closing minutes, setting us up for a loss. But Jay stepped up and led us down the field. He drove us to the goal line and on the deciding play, he scrambled right looking for the receiver...he found no one, brought it to his side and dove into the end zone for the touchdown. We won 18-15.

Jay has made his share of mistakes in his tenure as Dolphins quarterback, but its things like this that makes him my favorite sinced the Marino era.

Some other Fiedler moments include when he led us past Denver in the final minutes -- with a broken thumb, mind you -- to win the ganme.

He also led us past Washington when Griese put us in a hole.

Fiedler has made a lot of mistakes, but he has also made a lot of memorable plays, and for those plays, he is my favorite post-marino player.

chriscarter said:
As much flak as I might get....Jay Fiedler

God help us all!
You need counseling

I feel bad for the young fans that only have the vision of the post Marino era to look back on. It's a tragedy.

Hearts May Fall said:
It used to be (besides Dan Marino) Mark Duper. But, as the world's #1 Buffalo Bill hater, I was sold on Bryan Cox being my favorite when he entered Ralph Wilson Stadium with both middle fingers proudly held high. As of current Dolphin players, maybe Sam Madison or Jason Taylor.

yes yes oh god yes.

Cox was the greatest. I seem to remember though that some doofus on WQAM kept calling him gay for some reason?

As for the rest in no particular order... Mark Clayton, OJ mcduffie, Oronde Gadsden, Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Madison, Surtain, Brock Marion, Richmond Webb, Keith Sims.

on a side note, wasn't Larry Izzo the 2nd player to make the JJ coached team (behind Dan Marino?) or was that Zach Thomas when he played special teams?

Duper & Clayton
Louis Oliver and John Offerdahl

Remember Tommy Vigorito?

dwiwght stephenson. i love a good center. if i was young enough to watch the 72 squad i'm sure i would have a different view or a tie.

pick ben wilkerson

Don McNeal??? He gave up the game winning touchdown to Riggins in Super Bowl XVII.

Jay Fiedler?????????? Seek therapy now!!! If you want to talk games against Oakland, how about the 2000 playoffs when he got shut out 27-0?

So many great players have been mentioned, it's too hard to make a definitive list. Some favorites though are:
The Marx Bros
Keith Jackson
Reggie Roby
Tony Nathan
Pete Stoyonavich (yeah, he missed that friggin' SD kick, but he also made some monster kicks)
Louis Oliver
Dwight Stephenson
AJ Duhe
Jim Jensen

....uh, did I mention Marino?

mine would be Oronde Gadsden he always cought what was near him ans my new favorite is Wes Welker great return guy and special teamer

louis oliver, esp. after that touchdown in buffalo, I think that may have been the same game where cox flipped off the bills?

The Blackwood bros.... No? Um... Rick Graf? No. .Um.. Sammie Smith? Mark Higgs? Troy Stradford? No.. Dwight Stevenson!! Almost... Doug Betters? No.. Even worse.. Paul Lankford, William Jusdon? HELL NO.. Ferrell Edmonds? Keith Jackson? No.. Joe Rose? Nah..

I wear number 99 for the street I live on in Manhattan NY... Also for the livest defensive player in the NFL....

Jason Taylor... The only Dolphin, along with Zach I wouldn't trade for Moss..

You cant trade the heart and soul of the team. Love them guys.

Crash Jenson is a close third!!

Back
Top Bottom