Allright Gators fans, here it is...LSU vs. Florida week. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Allright Gators fans, here it is...LSU vs. Florida week.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Good.

I wanted Florida to be favored.

Ranked higher and at home, they should be. I'd rather be the underdog too. Anyone that even remotely follows College Football knows its gonna be a hell of a battle, regardless of who's favored.

I think LSU has far too much speed on defense for the Gators to hang alot of points on 'em. That being said, LSU's offense is really gonna fing it hard when 90,000+ of the Gator Nation are in the Swamp going CRAZY!

Tim Tebow will not be able to run on LSU like he has against other teams, so I think Leak will have to win this with his arm and some well disguised option plays. The key will be to make LSU over pursue and exploit their speed - use it against them!

Jamarcus Russell is definately capable of winning this one, but he'll have to play an almost perfect game - thats gonna be hard with the noise.

So, my prediction is the team with the most effective running game will win - It's gonna be really close and could go either way, but for me, LSU are just gonna edge this one, if they lose they are out, win and they are back in!

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teenwolf said:
I think LSU has far too much speed on defense for the Gators to hang alot of points on 'em. That being said, LSU's offense is really gonna fing it hard when 90,000+ of the Gator Nation are in the Swamp going CRAZY!

Tim Tebow will not be able to run on LSU like he has against other teams, so I think Leak will have to win this with his arm and some well disguised option plays. The key will be to make LSU over pursue and exploit their speed - use it against them!

Jamarcus Russell is definately capable of winning this one, but he'll have to play an almost perfect game - thats gonna be hard with the noise.

So, my prediction is the team with the most effective running game will win - It's gonna be really close and could go either way, but for me, LSU are just gonna edge this one, if they lose they are out, win and they are back in!

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's probably the best analysis of the game we've gotten all week.

I'm so glad Percy is back for this game. I just wish he was 100%. He'd give new meaning to all this "speed" talk.

DolphinDevil28 said:
That's probably the best analysis of the game we've gotten all week.
Pretty much, except for the speed comment IMO. Florida hasn't really been a "Big Play" team this year on offense. They've been pretty methodical in their offense moving down the field, a chunk at a time. I just think they match up extremely well with LSU's defense being so fast and Florida's offense running so much mis-direction stuff. Florida's secondary will definitely be tested as our run defense is top notch and not very threatened by LSU's struggling rushing attack. Pass rush will also be very important, as IMO Russell's biggest weakness is his decision making and more pressure will exploit that.

Motion said:
I'm so glad Percy is back for this game. I just wish he was 100%. He'd give new meaning to all this "speed" talk.

What'd he run in the 40?

Hopefully for you guys he's not another Xavier Carter. X-man was the fastest player in the country, hands down. But he couldn't catch a cold.

DolphinDevil28 said:
What'd he run in the 40?

Hopefully for you guys he's not another Xavier Carter. X-man was the fastest player in the country, hands down. But he couldn't catch a cold.

I have no idea, but all you need to see is his short crossing pattern, against UCF I think it was, that he turned into a 58 yard TD. Blazing speed and great hands, don't get labeled the #1 prospect in the nation for nothing I suppose.

Motion said:
I have no idea, but all you need to see is his short crossing pattern, against UCF I think it was, that he turned into a 58 yard TD. Blazing speed and great hands, don't get labeled the #1 prospect in the nation for nothing I suppose.
He is lightning in a bottle!

What amazed me about that game is how he dominate the first Quarter, then UCF decided to double him (yeah double covering a true freshmen) in the second Quarter! So what happens, then the rest of the wrs are open. He has that kind of effect on the rest of the team.

Just like Thomas has on our D.

Not sure who will win the game (should be a damn fine game), but those two playing again definitely helps the Gator's chances.

Oboy said:
He is lightning in a bottle!

What amazed me about that game is how he dominate the first Quarter, then UCF decided to double him (yeah double covering a true freshmen) in the second Quarter! So what happens, then the rest of the wrs are open. He has that kind of effect on the rest of the team.

Just like Thomas has on our D.

Not sure who will win the game (should be a damn fine game), but those two playing again definitely helps the Gator's chances.

Exact words I used to describe him the first time I saw him. Ran a reverse against Southern Miss and I sat up in my seat and said :eek:

I just wanted to chime in with my prediction. I think it's clear that no matter what this game should be a dog fight.

23-21
Gators win in the Swamp!

IMO the team that makes the best second half adjustments will win.The Gators did a good job of that last week against the Tide.I havent seen LSU play this year but I have heard they are in the upper tier of the SEC.

Back
Top Bottom