And the harsh reality is...Jay=Griese! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the harsh reality is...Jay=Griese!

minus said:
Did you know that Jay Fiedler was in the top 5 in YPC when Smith had his breakout season?Jay through out first half of the year lead the league in YPC.

Interesting stat...........has no purpose though. A guy sacked 50 times in an NFL season can still lead the league in yards per attempt.

Trekbiz said:
Jays OLine was ONLY a problem last year.
It's amazing to me how all of a sudden Jay has never had an OLine.
In fact Jay has had some very good O-Lines. O-Lines that made Lamar Smith look like a pretty good RB. OL's that paved holes for RB's DESPITE defenses loading up on the line against the run. Bad OL's don't open holes against 8 man run fronts sorry! Last year is a given that the OL sucked. The past 3 years that was not an excuse.

Yeah but Griese played behind possibly the best offensive line in the NFL at the time in Denver not to mention with the best skill players in the AFC.

juniorseau55 said:
Close This Thread..... I Am Tired Of Hearing About Jay Fiedler God Damn......

The thread is appropriately named with Jay in the title. Don't like it? Don't come in it. It's not that hard.

Uh I may be a little forgetful but weren't even the most supportive of people when it came to Jay ready for a change because of how he played when he got back? Kinda a 'duh' statement. It's moot anyways. Their is no QB competition. Feeley will be the starter outside of injury come starting day. The reason Jay is still here is because of everyone out there he was still the best backup QB we could get. He knows the system.

JF definately played much worse when he returned. It was later acknowledged that his hand had not yet healed. I was one of the people that wanted us to upgrade the QB position after those games, but the truth is that if he was still injured it isn't fair to compare that to a healthy BG.

rafael said:
JF definately played much worse when he returned. It was later acknowledged that his hand had not yet healed. I was one of the people that wanted us to upgrade the QB position after those games, but the truth is that if he was still injured it isn't fair to compare that to a healthy BG.

Healthy BG? BG was coming off of a toe injury, and it was reported that he wasn't at 100% either. That's supposedly the reason he got sacked so much. Still can't explain why he couldn't hold onto the damn ball, but he wasnt full healed either. Hell, they didnt even know if they would play him beings he still wasn't 100%.

Phinzone said:
Healthy BG? BG was coming off of a toe injury, and it was reported that he wasn't at 100% either. That's supposedly the reason he got sacked so much. Still can't explain why he couldn't hold onto the damn ball, but he wasnt full healed either. Hell, they didnt even know if they would play him beings he still wasn't 100%.

Then we were screwed either way. Having two injured QBs behind a crappy OL is hardly a formula for success.

Trekbiz said:
Jays OLine was ONLY a problem last year.
It's amazing to me how all of a sudden Jay has never had an OLine.
In fact Jay has had some very good O-Lines. O-Lines that made Lamar Smith look like a pretty good RB. OL's that paved holes for RB's DESPITE defenses loading up on the line against the run. Bad OL's don't open holes against 8 man run fronts sorry! Last year is a given that the OL sucked. The past 3 years that was not an excuse.

youve got to be kidding me. weve had some very good Olines? Now i would not say they were terrible these past four years, but they were not anyweres near great, so lets not even go there.
Bottom line is Feeley/Fiedler have a battle to the end and whoever starts starts. Get over it and quit your whining cus if it is close, then we have two very capable QB's of winning games. If Feeley doenst make mistakes and that is the difference, then Feeley should start. But then we have a very good backup. I dont care what anyone says. Good young backups are hard to find and we may have one for the next 3 years. Thats all that matters to me. Poeple have a hard time even looking in fiedlers direction, but it was fiedler who saved the dolphins from any kind of disaster last year (redskins).

Phinzone said:

It amazes me that people still talk about BG. What a crock. I predict BG will be out of football in the next two years.

juniorseau55 said:
Close This Thread..... I Am Tired Of Hearing About Jay Fiedler God Damn......

Ah the ever freightenting Finheaven intimidator. :lol:

finfan54 said:
It amazes me that people still talk about BG. What a crock. I predict BG will be out of football in the next two years.

Maybe you should read the post to see what I was getting at ;)

I mean excellent threat bro but come on... look at the front page people are talking about Jay Dumbo or Waterboy Feeley.

Back
Top Bottom