And the harsh reality is...Jay=Griese! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the harsh reality is...Jay=Griese!

I man I read the whole thing, I didnt mean to be a jackass I was being honest about all this Fiedler talk... I just want the season to start.

finfan54 said:
It amazes me that people still talk about BG. What a crock. I predict BG will be out of football in the next two years.

That won't happen. I'll be in the NFL before he's out of it. :roflmao:

Brian Greise had a good arm but was slow and immobile. Doesn't that sound like our newest quaterback to challenge Jay?

It's all going to depend on the o-line to make one of these people into a quaterback

Phinzone said:
actually Brian went 3/2 and they have the exact same record in those 5 games each.

You're giving Griese credit for the Wash victory? :roflmao:

Get serious.

Why is there so much support for Brian Griese on this web site???? Is it the name???? He is not a good QB???? Fiedler is a better QB and certainly a lot tougher than that little wouss Griese. First off how can you even compare Brian Griese's (a supposed pro bowl QB YEAH RIGHT!!) first five games as a fin with Jay Fielder's first 5 NFL starts in his career. That is a huge difference guys. Secondly I said it earlier in the thread but Griese played with possibly the best offensive line in the NFL at the time in Denver and arguably the best skill players in the AFC. Fiedler has never had those luxuries. Why can't we just face that the Brian Griese experiment was a waste of time and that he is a washed up drunk?? He will not amount to crap in Tampa either. Please stop posting this BS "Brian Griese is better" propaganda!!!!!

Phinzone said:
Fact is, the two guys played nearly identical, yet a few still defend Jay....it's really really sad.....

People defend Jay because of the nonsensical rantings against Jay and everything about Jay on this board. MOST people who defend Jay say he is an average QB in response to those who claim he sucks.

Your analysis complete discounts the advantage that Jay brings with his mobility. His scrambles keep drives alive. You also conveniently leave out points scored:

Griese led offense (4 3/4 games)

26, 17, 7, 9, 10 total = 69

Fiedler led offense (5 1/4 games)

14, 40, 0, 27, 20, 23 total = 124

Nearly twice as many points scored. Here is a quote from an article recapping the Wash game:

With the Miami Dolphins trailing by 13 points late in the third quarter, quarterback Jay Fiedler entered the huddle for the first time in more than a month and told them they were going to win.

Nearly everone that defends Fiedler acknowledges his physical limitations. I would just like the Jay bashers to acknowledge his contributions.

F150&Dolfan said:
Why is there so much support for Brian Griese on this web site???? Is it the name???? He is not a good QB???? Fiedler is a better QB and certainly a lot tougher than that little wouss Griese. First off how can you even compare Brian Griese's (a supposed pro bowl QB YEAH RIGHT!!) first five games as a fin with Jay Fielder's first 5 NFL starts in his career. That is a huge difference guys. Secondly I said it earlier in the thread but Griese played with possibly the best offensive line in the NFL at the time in Denver and arguably the best skill players in the AFC. Fiedler has never had those luxuries. Why can't we just face that the Brian Griese experiment was a waste of time and that he is a washed up drunk?? He will not amount to crap in Tampa either. Please stop posting this BS "Brian Griese is better" propaganda!!!!!

You see? This ignorance is breath taking!

Buddy, did you even bother to read the post? Hell no, you jump in here and start ranting about how we shouldn't be wanting Griese here. Well there's a few problems with what your spewing....

1. This thread is NOT about how good Griese is. It's about how bad JAY is. We have Jay lovers on this board screaming "why does wanny keep brining in horrible QB's like Brian to challenge Jay? Jay is a great QB we don't need another washed up QB!". I'm merely pointing out the double standard in their argument. He put up a near idential performance when sat side by side to Jay. How can they argue that Jay is a great or even good QB and Brian is a flop WHEN THEY PUT UP NEARLY THE SAME NUMBERS! THAT was the intent of the thread.

2. Where the hell did you get that I compared Jay's first 5 NFL starts to Griese's first fin starts? HELLOOOOOOO those were his LAST FIVE STARTS. THat's right! your calling Brian a total flop, yet he put up slightly worse numbers than your FOUR year starting franchise QB did the most recent game we have to judge by! That is a MORE than fair assestment of their playing ability. SAME team, SAME time of the year, SAME players around them, SAME season, ALL the games were in a row, no jumping for crappy games for either QB. I simply went down the line pulled out those 10 games, and walla Jay blew chunks just as bad as Griese.

For pete's sake, all I ask is that people read the damn thread before they post crap. Sometimes I think people on this site are itching for a fight so bad that they read the title of the thread, and just jump to a conclusion to make a fight.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
People defend Jay because of the nonsensical rantings against Jay and everything about Jay on this board. MOST people who defend Jay say he is an average QB in response to those who claim he sucks.

Your analysis complete discounts the advantage that Jay brings with his mobility. His scrambles keep drives alive. You also conveniently leave out points scored:

Griese led offense (4 3/4 games)

26, 17, 7, 9, 10 total = 69

Fiedler led offense (5 1/4 games)

14, 40, 0, 27, 20, 23 total = 124

Nearly twice as many points scored. Here is a quote from an article recapping the Wash game:

Nearly everone that defends Fiedler acknowledges his physical limitations. I would just like the Jay bashers to acknowledge his contributions.

Nice comeback

phinfan77 said:
Brian Greise had a good arm but was slow and immobile. Doesn't that sound like our newest quaterback to challenge Jay?

It's all going to depend on the o-line to make one of these people into a quaterback

Actually from the game tape I saw Feeley has EXCELLENT pocket presence. That's something Brian totally lacked as well. Feeley has been able to sniff out the sack and roll out to avoid it, or hit a gap. Now, he's not a Jay like scrammbler, but he's MUCH better than Brian in that department as well. He has the arm and the accuracy with excellent pocket presence, but can't run like Jay. But I think the other two are more important you know? Think Jay's pocket presence on a faster BG.

Phinzone said:
You see? This ignorance is breath taking!

Buddy, did you even bother to read the post? Hell no, you jump in here and start ranting about how we shouldn't be wanting Griese here. Well there's a few problems with what your spewing....

1. This thread is NOT about how good Griese is. It's about how bad JAY is. We have Jay lovers on this board screaming "why does wanny keep brining in horrible QB's like Brian to challenge Jay? Jay is a great QB we don't need another washed up QB!". I'm merely pointing out the double standard in their argument. He put up a near idential performance when sat side by side to Jay. How can they argue that Jay is a great or even good QB and Brian is a flop WHEN THEY PUT UP NEARLY THE SAME NUMBERS! THAT was the intent of the thread.

2. Where the hell did you get that I compared Jay's first 5 NFL starts to Griese's first fin starts? HELLOOOOOOO those were his LAST FIVE STARTS. THat's right! your calling Brian a total flop, yet he put up slightly worse numbers than your FOUR year starting franchise QB did the most recent game we have to judge by! That is a MORE than fair assestment of their playing ability. SAME team, SAME time of the year, SAME players around them, SAME season, ALL the games were in a row, no jumping for crappy games for either QB. I simply went down the line pulled out those 10 games, and walla Jay blew chunks just as bad as Griese.

For pete's sake, all I ask is that people read the damn thread before they post crap. Sometimes I think people on this site are itching for a fight so bad that they read the title of the thread, and just jump to a conclusion to make a fight.

I stopped reading your nonsensical post when you quoted people as saying Jay Fiedler is a great QB. C'mon man..........c'mon. We're saying he's good and with the right supporting cast he could "help" to take us far. Perhaps you should reread things before posting. Those of us who continue to defend Fiedler do so because the man deserves more credit than he gets - not that he's great.............but he's played a role in helping us win games and if he was truly as bad as you melodramatically like to put it we would've had our string of winning seasons snapped long ago. I mean the only thing we've really ever had going for us has been one amazing rushing season from Ricky ........and then we've got our D, but our D doesn't have killer instinct as we have all bare witness too and in fact extremely susceptible to being spread out with the term "overrated" aplied to it many-a-time. A pathetic excuse for a special teams unit always providing us some of the worst field position..........an aging, washed up O-line........the ish adds up man.

IMO some of you are using the wrong words to criticize Jay Fiedler .......he's a decent QB and can start in this league in the right situation, but he's got to find his consistency.

enigmatics said:
IMO some of you are using the wrong words to criticize Jay Fiedler .......he's a decent QB and can start in this league in the right situation, but he's got to find his consistency.

Let's really get under the hood on this monkey for a second enigmatics! Jay can't throw the deep ball. His passes (while occasionally on-target) are usually about a yard off the recievers actual position. This is evidenced when we have all those wowee catches from Chambers, McMike, and in the past Gadsden. Those crazy one handed fully stretched out catches were the only way the recievers could get to them. I'm glad Chambers only got his bell rung that one time in Denver technically he could have been a vegetable by now the way Fiedler throws.

He's got good awareness and he's pretty quick on his feet. If we had had a crappy running game the last four years we probably would havebeen averaging 8-8 per season.

RICKYSABEAST said:
Let's really get under the hood on this monkey for a second enigmatics! Jay can't throw the deep ball. His passes (while occasionally on-target) are usually about a yard off the recievers actual position. This is evidenced when we have all those wowee catches from Chambers, McMike, and in the past Gadsden. Those crazy one handed fully stretched out catches were the only way the recievers could get to them. I'm glad Chambers only got his bell rung that one time in Denver technically he could have been a vegetable by now the way Fiedler throws.

First off, I'm never going to agree with anybody that it was Jay's fault Chambers got his bell rung. It's a part of the game and I've seen that same situation a countless number of times in the NFL in my 20+ years of watching. Secondly, I'm not denying some of those errant passes............. but you deny some of his good ones too. I've seen Jay thread the needle many times. Again, you say crap QB, I say QB struggling to find consistency and stay on the field for a full season. He may never have the most desired long ball, but I'm sorry, not alot of QB's do.

enigmatics said:
First off, I'm never going to agree with anybody that it was Jay's fault Chambers got his bell rung. It's a part of the game and I've seen that same situation a countless number of times in the NFL in my 20+ years of watching. Secondly, I'm not denying some of those errant passes............. but you deny some of his good ones too. I've seen Jay thread the needle many times. Again, you say crap QB, I say QB struggling to find consistency and stay on the field for a full season. He may never have the most desired long ball, but I'm sorry, not alot of QB's do.

You need to play QB before you'd realize that was a HORRIBLE throw by Jay. If you have played QB and still don't know that, then you had terrible coaches.

When going over the middle the QB can NOT throw to a receiver when a defender is already closing in on the receiver! It's common sense! CC can NOT see that hit coming, it's his job to catch the ball, it's Jay's job to place it in a spot where it can be caught SAFELY by the receiver...HIS job. The defender is going his job by making the play, CC did his job by catching the ball, the WR is BLIND to the defender in those situations, having a QB that makes throws that puts your receiver in a situation to take hits like he did in Denver eliminates all trust in the QB. The receiver will become timid and won't go over the middle. And I sure as hell can't blame him for it. Think back to that Denver pass for a minute. No only did Jay make a horrible read in throwing that ball to CC with the denfender already moving in to crack CC, but he ALSO threw a HORRIBLE ball. He threw it high and in a lob, which caused CC to have to go up for the catch at a full sprint. This left him hanging in the open with no protection and a defender running full blast because he sniffed the play out ahead of time.

People that say "it's part of the game" in cirumstances like that are just plain retarded. YES football is a contact sport, but people have responsibilites on the field as well. Defenders can't tackle with their head or they'll break their necks, defensive linemen have to stay low when they roll around a defender or a guard will get under their chin, QB's can NOT make throws that will put their WR's in danger. It's part of the job, Jay screwed up and CC paid for it. Same thing happened the next year with Ricky against the Jets and almost CC again. CC over the middle, exact same situation, luckily CC got his head down before it was taken off and he just took a good lick. Still sat out a few plays. About 2 plays later Jay threw a high floater to Ricky in the backfield that allowed him to get decked causing him to be in and out for the rest of the game.

That's a liability at QB. Don't say it's "part of the game". I can't remember who it was a few years back that got decked on a play just like Chambers got his concussion on. Except he was out for the season, and his 2nd string QB got well deserved heat for the throw.

Back
Top Bottom