Andrew Luck calls 'Suck for Luck' campaigns 'stupid' | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck calls 'Suck for Luck' campaigns 'stupid'

Me too, based down here in South Florida.

VS or Sun Sports/Fox Sports Florida and ESPN/ABC which puts it on ESPN3 for us out of market people.

Mediocrity fans sure don't know what they are talking about...

Why is the "Mediocrity" crap the new go to phrase? It's just stupid.....why would anyone assume that bc you are not a SFL'er you are ok with not being great.
Yeah, I'm a fan of mediocrity. I just want to coast and think the idea of winning is just overrated. That's why I'm a fan of sports?

Why is the "Mediocrity" crap the new go to phrase?

That is the phrase because for people that aren't on the SFL train because we have tried running this team your way for years and have been mediocre for years. It is time to stop the madness and finally be agressive in addressing the QB position. Maybe the stars will finally align for this franchise and their ineptitude will result in them being in the position to draft thee QB prospect of the decade. THAT is pretty exciting to me. Much more exciting that winning 2 or 3 games against crappy teams this year.

That is the phrase because for people that aren't on the SFL train because we have tried running this team your way for years and have been mediocre for years. It is time to stop the madness and finally be agressive in addressing the QB position. Maybe the stars will finally align for this franchise and their ineptitude will result in them being in the position to draft thee QB prospect of the decade. THAT is pretty exciting to me. Much more exciting that winning 2 or 3 games against crappy teams this year.

So what is my way exactly?

I wear my Marino jersey just to watch the game at home.....I am the biggest fan of returning greatness to the QB position in Miami. I would even say to you that I want to get a QB more than you, and would LOVE to get a great one in the draft. I just believe we have great talent here but horrid coaching and that has to be addressed and don't believe in throwing it all away for that great college QB.
I guarantee you I will be glued to the TV in April and cheering when they announce we selected a QB.

No it isn't. I don't recall their being a concensus that any of those guys were can't miss, I'm not even sure if they were concensus #1s, certainly not J. Russell.

Just to name one....Matt Leinert. He was supposed to be a day one starter, and the definition of an NFL QB.

Just to name one....Matt Leinert. He was supposed to be a day one starter, and the definition of an NFL QB.

Leinart had plenty of questions coming out. People loved him because of his success, but he was not talked about the way Luck is. There were plenty of people who weren't sold on Leinart.

Leinart had plenty of questions coming out. People loved him because of his success, but he was not talked about the way Luck is. There were plenty of people who weren't sold on Leinart.

There have been more busts at QB with the top overall pick than there have been game changers.

Not saying Luck is going to be a bust, I have been high on the kid since early last year....yet, once again, he has played 2 tough defenses in 1-1/2 years surrounded by very good talent.
In those 2 games, he has looked very good (Orange bowl last year) and very much not so good (Notre Dame last year).
He plays in a terrible defensive conference. It's not a coincidence that Oregon usually scores basketball scores, Nick Foles looks like Dan Fouts and very very rarely do teams get shut out in the Pac10/12.

It is still early on. Let's see what things look like going into and after the combine. I personally suspect that Luck will still be the top prospect, but the mindset that he is the ONLY QB worth targeting is extremely shallow. What happens IF Barkley outshines him this coming weekend? I dont think it will happen, but it could.

The real difference was his physical athleticism wasn't talked about but he was most definitely being guaranteed to be a beast in the NFL.
and I get accused at grasping at straws.....

The real difference was his physical athleticism wasn't talked about but he was most definitely being guaranteed to be a beast in the NFL.
and I get accused at grasping at straws.....

I don't know who you were talking too, but I heard a lot of people saying he wasn't that good. Even some USC fans didn't think he would be very good. Maybe it's just because I didn't like him at the time, but I don't remember people being that excited about Leinart.

He's giving the same response he already gave. Reporters are just repeating their questions. I have no problem with what Luck said and I'm all for S4L. If I wasn't drowning in this misery of a broken franchise than I'd probably feel the same as Luck. But we have had an up close view of ultimate ineptitude and in this case we have a better understanding of the situation than Luck.

Matt Leinart had a million questions. He wasn't even the first QB off the board that year.

Try again.

I said he was the first QB? No. I said he was considered to be a pro style QB that would be successful.

Leinart compared to Luck.

I didn't compare them. Never have, they don't play remotely similar. I said that Leinert was ALSO being talked about very highly and "guaranteed" to be successful in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom