Andrew Luck calls 'Suck for Luck' campaigns 'stupid' | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck calls 'Suck for Luck' campaigns 'stupid'

Well as an early suck for lucker you should see the rhetoric that was initially thrown at us. We werent criticizing any fans to begin with. We were talking about losing games and how luck had the potential of turning this franchise around and we were mercilessly attacked. We were called terrible fans, bandwagoners, idiots among many many other names. Many posters were calling for our posts to be moved or deleted out right. So of course the SFLers were going to retaliate. What did you expect them to do. We would create threads thats primary theme was optimism and they were polluted with people coming in telling us how bad fans we were.

I could personally care less if anybody wants to root for victories. Its there right as a fan. Like i said before. It wasnt the SFLers that started the nasty back and forth but when they were attacked did you expect them not to fight back? The bandwagon is getting much bigger now and what was once the minority is quickly becoming the majority.

I see people reaching for any reason why the SFLers are causing irreversable damage to this franchise. You think the SFLers exaggerate in their assesment of Luck? Try looking at what the anti luckers are reaching for now. One guy made a post how the SFLers will cause a draft lottery.

Its quite possible that SFL can instigate a Draft Lottery, Not next year, or the year after, but I can see it being the main cog in a draft lottery campaign.
The league doesnt like to see tanking, and I don't see any reason to reward a team for being bad.

There have been big wraps on lots of QBs taken first in the draft, eg Tim Crouch (Cleveland), David Carr (Texans), Jamarcus Russell (Oakland) to name a few. All were seen as can't miss selections on the day and all turned out to be monumental busts. I haven't seen a lot of Stanford games, but is Andrew Luck really as good as he is being touted?

Listen, I'm all ears in resolving what to me is rooting for two competing ideas. I understand if you want to root for the phins. I understand if you would be okay with getting Luck as a consolation prize. I get that. I dont get how you could have each one as a primary interest.

Okay than, let me ask this to all the anti luckers who root for the phins. No judging. One answer. Nothing to do with whose a better fan or not. Simple question, either A or B. Which scenerio if given the choice would you rather happen.

A: Dolphins go 1-15 by beating the Redskins and get the number one pick

B: Dolphins go 5-11 by beating the Redskins, Jets, Bills, Chiefs and Giants and getting the sixth pick

And in the bolded part lays the enormous flaw in your logic.
I honestly don't think you are going to find many, if any, "Anti Luckers who root for the phins".

Nope, what I'm saying is that if we are in the position to draft Luck, I want to see him in Miami. However I'm not going to actively root to be in that position because to do so would mean cheering against the team I have cheered for my whole life. S4Ler's to me are nothing but Bandwagon fans who refuse to take that extra leap and cheer for a new team.

You throw around the term 'bandwagon fan' as if it's supposed to be some sort of insult. The flaw in the logic of your argument involving other people's ego in the S4L campaign is that YOU are simply using self aggrandizing 'real fanhood' as a means to apply more importance upon your own self. In an effort to make your own self feel more important.

I do root for other teams. I root for the Detroit Lions every Sunday because that's a team and a fanbase that has endured far worse than Miami's has for a lot longer. I root for them because they deserve to be rooted for. Not because I need it in order to make myself feel better, as you seem to have to in regards to this pathetic collection of morons Miami has accumulated.

Look around. You're not the only person who's cheered for the Dolphins their entire life. There's a forum full of people like that around here.

The difference is that the S4L'ers need not tether self loathing to their fanhood, as you do. Being a fan of a football team full of overpaid millionaires who don't even know they exist, and couldn't care less who they are to begin with.... isn't what makes them who they are.

They're simply cheering for a brighter future so they can actually enjoy being a fan again. They've had enough.

They're able to find more HOPE in a college kid who's yet to take a snap in the NFL than they can in this bumbling bunch of idiots. Says a lot doesn't it?

There have been big wraps on lots of QBs taken first in the draft, eg Tim Crouch (Cleveland), David Carr (Texans), Jamarcus Russell (Oakland) to name a few. All were seen as can't miss selections on the day and all turned out to be monumental busts. I haven't seen a lot of Stanford games, but is Andrew Luck really as good as he is being touted?

Your point is dead on.
Yes he is very good, a very gifted athlete. Whereas you will probably be pointed to a video of him showing the same 3 plays as every other Pro Luck video....sideline one handed catch, drilling the defender recovering the fumble, and throwing while falling down.......you could easily watch videos of Barkley and Jones that are impressive too. Unfortunately this kid could NEVER live up to the hype that is being placed on him, unless he flies into the stadium opening day holding a baby he just saved from a burning building that he just extinguished after he noticed the flames while on his stroll on a nearby lake where he was walking on water.

But yes he is pretty good.

At this point, he definitely looks like the best QB in this draft. Only time will tell for sure

The true irony is that the majority of S4Lers have never seen the guy play.

You throw around the term 'bandwagon fan' as if it's supposed to be some sort of insult. The flaw in the logic of your argument involving other people's ego in the S4L campaign is that YOU are simply using self loathing 'real fanhood' as a means to apply more importance upon your own self. In an effort to make your own self feel more important.

I do root for other teams. I root for the Detroit Lions every Sunday because that's a team and a fanbase that has endured far worse than Miami's has for a lot longer. I root for them because they deserve to be rooted for. Not because I need it in order to make myself feel better, as you seem to have to in regards to this pathetic collection of morons Miami has accumulated.

Look around. You're not the only person who's cheered for the Dolphins their entire life. There's a forum full of people like that around here.

The difference is that the S4L'ers need not tether self loathing to their fanhood, as you do. Being a fan of a football team full of overpaid millionaires who don't even know they exist, and couldn't care less who they are to begin with.... isn't what makes them who they are.

They're simply cheering for a brighter future so they can actually enjoy being a fan again. They've had enough.

They're able to find more HOPE in a college kid who's yet to take a snap in the NFL than they can in this bumbling bunch of idiots. Says a lot doesn't it?

Yeah, it says their values are terribly screwed to say the least

Well as an early suck for lucker you should see the rhetoric that was initially thrown at us. We werent criticizing any fans to begin with. We were talking about losing games and how luck had the potential of turning this franchise around and we were mercilessly attacked. We were called terrible fans, bandwagoners, idiots among many many other names. Many posters were calling for our posts to be moved or deleted out right. So of course the SFLers were going to retaliate. What did you expect them to do. We would create threads thats primary theme was optimism and they were polluted with people coming in telling us how bad fans we were.

I could personally care less if anybody wants to root for victories. Its there right as a fan. Like i said before. It wasnt the SFLers that started the nasty back and forth but when they were attacked did you expect them not to fight back? The bandwagon is getting much bigger now and what was once the minority is quickly becoming the majority.

I see people reaching for any reason why the SFLers are causing irreversable damage to this franchise. You think the SFLers exaggerate in their assesment of Luck? Try looking at what the anti luckers are reaching for now. One guy made a post how the SFLers will cause a draft lottery.

Stop being so cool about it. You're making it harder to hate you. Quick, say something rude!

Seriously we all just need to admit we are all just searching for answers bc we are so irritated with this season. I would put you at QB right now, its so bad.

At this point, he definitely looks like the best QB in this draft. Only time will tell for sure

The true irony is that the majority of S4Lers have never seen the guy play.

Don't make statements that you have no way of backing up.

I really wonder how many people here want us to miss Luck just to be spiteful and say "I told you so." Smh...

Its the same bunch who want to win now. They only care to spite us fans...even though it hurts the team THEY ROOT FOR going forward...

Stop being so cool about it. You're making it harder to hate you. Quick, say something rude!

Seriously we all just need to admit we are all just searching for answers bc we are so irritated with this season. I would put you at QB right now, its so bad.

your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries :D

He just talks BS....

"Never seen the guy play"

Many of us are college football fans and watch the god damn games...

I bet many of us saw his Orange Bowl performance...

The mediocre fans are getting really desperate.

From what I've seen of the TV schedule from back home hes probably right. They haven't shown Stanford play this year. Don't remember seeing him play last year either but I could be wrong.

Highlights dont count.

Yeah, it says their values are terribly screwed to say the least

Actually what it says is that their values are firmly planted exactly where they need to be.... which is whatever gives them the most HOPE for Miami to be a good football team again.

If you can find that hope in rooting for this bunch every Sunday, that's your choice and nobody can tell you how you're supposed to feel. Nor can you tell them how they're supposed to feel.

Feelings aren't an opinion. You can't control what you feel.

Andrew Luck has a better shot at being what turns the Miami Dolphins around than any of the players, coaches, or front office people currently involved in the organization. He has a better chance to be successful quarterback than Sparano does of being a head coach, or Jeff Ireland does of being a successful General Manager.

Andrew Luck has as much of a shot at being a franchise quarterback as the Miami Dolphins do of winning a football game this season.

Everyone has to decide for themselves which one they'd rather see. Which one is more likely... and which one is best in the long run. Nobody can tell the other one which one it should be.

However, one is going to be right in the end. The other one will be wrong. And the beat goes on.

Back
Top Bottom