Andrew Luck calls 'Suck for Luck' campaigns 'stupid' | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck calls 'Suck for Luck' campaigns 'stupid'

There have been at least two Stanford games televised in the South Florida market this season.

SFL is stupid. It felt good when the Fins looked like they would win a game.

Yeah, we just beat one of the top 5 crappest teams in NFL!!!! That would have been an epic win, almost getting beat by the almost as bad Denver Tebows after a 4th qrt collapse, but prevailing with an OT field goal!!! Fistpump!!! Screw the best QB prospect in the last 10 years - WE BEAT THE 2011 BRONCOS!!!!

I think there might be a 'd' missing somewhere in your name. Maybe if we completely destroyed the Jets or the Patriots 62-7, then I could forgive you but barely beating an awful team to spite the SFLers is just brain-dead shortsighted. Personally, it felt awful when the fins looked like they were going to win. For me, the season would have been over as there would have been nothing to root for as SFL is the ONLY positive/interesting thing happening.

You throw around the term 'bandwagon fan' as if it's supposed to be some sort of insult. The flaw in the logic of your argument involving other people's ego in the S4L campaign is that YOU are simply using self aggrandizing 'real fanhood' as a means to apply more importance upon your own self. In an effort to make your own self feel more important.

I do root for other teams. I root for the Detroit Lions every Sunday because that's a team and a fanbase that has endured far worse than Miami's has for a lot longer. I root for them because they deserve to be rooted for. Not because I need it in order to make myself feel better, as you seem to have to in regards to this pathetic collection of morons Miami has accumulated.

Look around. You're not the only person who's cheered for the Dolphins their entire life. There's a forum full of people like that around here.

The difference is that the S4L'ers need not tether self loathing to their fanhood, as you do. Being a fan of a football team full of overpaid millionaires who don't even know they exist, and couldn't care less who they are to begin with.... isn't what makes them who they are.

They're simply cheering for a brighter future so they can actually enjoy being a fan again. They've had enough.

They're able to find more HOPE in a college kid who's yet to take a snap in the NFL than they can in this bumbling bunch of idiots. Says a lot doesn't it?

I'll tell you what I always tell others, SPLIT LOYALTY IS NO LOYALTY. What happens when two teams you otherwise normally cheer for play each other, you have to decide to cheer for one or the other knowing that if you do cheer for the one it hurts the other team record.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

There have been at least two Stanford games televised in the South Florida market this season.

I'm not from SF and of course they are showing stanford games there, they are probably showing them everywhere teams are sucking for luck. Even so, I would say the majority of SFLers just go along with it because its popular. Not all of them, and I'll admit that a percentage actually have seen him play and for some reason are deluding themselves into thinking college performance translates into Professional.

Some of the best Quarterbacks of Modern times have come from outside the first round, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Tom Brady...

People are making Luck out to be the Saviour of the franchise, the next coming of Dan Marino...

I just dont see it.

From what I've seen of the TV schedule from back home hes probably right. They haven't shown Stanford play this year. Don't remember seeing him play last year either but I could be wrong.

Highlights dont count.

Directv has given away the sports pack this year and most of his games have been televised one way or another. I am sure some people have not seen him play, but my guess is a lot of them have seen him.

I'm not from SF.

Yeah, but the largest chunk of Dolphins fans are. Who are these Suck for Luck advocates who have not seen him play and don't have the ability to watch a top 5 ranked college football team? A majority? I doubt it.

I'll tell you what I always tell others, SPLIT LOYALTY IS NO LOYALTY. What happens when two teams you otherwise normally cheer for play each other, you have to decide to cheer for one or the other knowing that if you do cheer for the one it hurts the other team record.

I didn't say I was loyal to the Detroit Lions, I said I root for them to win. I didn't mean actively sitting in front of the tv... following their every move... and bouncing all over the room like a maniac.

What I meant by it is that I'm happy to see that team win finally so they can catch a break for once in 50 years.

Hell, I grew up in Saints country... around Saints fans... who were terrible for decades. I always enjoy seeing the Saints do well.

Still though, we're talking about a football game... not a dog and it's owner.

The only bad fans are the people who want Miami not to get Luck simply to spite the SFL crowd. When someone says that it would be more entertaining for them if Luck pulls an Elway than if he plays for the Dolphins and turns out to be an All-Pro QB, I think that pretty much sums it up.

Yeah, but the largest chunk of Dolphins fans are. Who are these Suck for Luck advocates who have not seen him play and don't have the ability to watch a top 5 ranked college football team? A majority? I doubt it.

I live in the Central Fl market and I see stanford shown on the Vs network a lot.

-Even so, I would say the majority of SFLers just go along with it because its popular..

Based on what evidence?

If we're going to throw out conjecture, what sort of speculation can I make based on your previous statement in another thread that you would find it 'more entertaining' if Miami missed out on Luck than if he was drafted by the Dolphins and turned out to be a great quarterback?

I live in the Central Fl market and I see stanford shown on the Vs network a lot.

Me too, based down here in South Florida.

VS or Sun Sports/Fox Sports Florida and ESPN/ABC which puts it on ESPN3 for us out of market people.

Mediocrity fans sure don't know what they are talking about...

Back
Top Bottom