Andy Reid: Branden Albert, Dolphins aren't talking | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Reid: Branden Albert, Dolphins aren't talking

Let's just pick up DJ Fluker in the second round.

1 - Fluker won't be there in the 2nd round, tho i do love him (don't LOVE his cement feet)
2- The mock draft in your sig might be my favorite ive seen ANYWHERE

Am I the only one who forget Reid is with the Chiefs and was thinking, "Why would someone in Philly have an insight on what's going on in KC?"

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

I'm very curious to know if the Chiefs are willing to take a LT AND keep Branden on the roster.

No way KC drafts a LT #1 and then keeps Albert on the roster with his huge 1 year price tag. They have to trade him and get something for him, else consider cutting him to save the $. We are in a pretty good position with all this and are better off waiting until draft day (probably between day 1 &2) to make some deal with KC for Albert (if we need to). I don't see any other teams willing to pony up a 2nd for him, so why would we rush to make a deal before then? We could be talking to his agent about what a contract could look like, so if we do make a deal, we can piece it together in a quick fashion. That way we find out the necessary details and Reid can have deniability if it doesn't happen. But who really knows for sure?

No way KC drafts a LT #1 and then keeps Albert on the roster with his huge 1 year price tag. They have to trade him and get something for him, else consider cutting him to save the $. We are in a pretty good position with all this and are better off waiting until draft day (probably between day 1 &2) to make some deal with KC for Albert (if we need to). I don't see any other teams willing to pony up a 2nd for him, so why would we rush to make a deal before then? We could be talking to his agent about what a contract could look like, so if we do make a deal, we can piece it together in a quick fashion. That way we find out the necessary details and Reid can have deniability if it doesn't happen. But who really knows for sure?

im pretty sure his franchise tagged contract is all guarenteed so cutting him isnt an option

im pretty sure his franchise tagged contract is all guarenteed so cutting him isnt an option

yep, you are right, good catch! that's makes them in even tougher spot as they have to trade him otherwise keep him and eat his salary and probably get nothing next year for him.

Mort just clarified on Twitter that Reid meant Miami and Albert have not scheduled a meeting or have a physical scheduled to take place.

But Reid did say that Miami and Albert's agent are talking.

Mort just clarified on Twitter that Reid meant Miami and Albert have not scheduled a meeting or have a physical scheduled to take place.

That can't be true. What about what the insiders say? :)

Literally just saw on NFL Network that Reid said we have been given permission

Oh I know. There were people here who believed they had inside information about the Fins not talking to Albert or his agent. That's why I posted that. I guess the trade would go down on Friday if it happens.

Yes that's about right. There's been no direct contact between Miami and Albert, meetings, physicals, or anything of that nature. Could change. But it's not "imminent" as people were making out. Andy Reid is obviously quite confusable, lol.

Yes that's about right. There's been no direct contact between Miami and Albert, meetings, physicals, or anything of that nature. Could change. But it's not "imminent" as people were making out. Andy Reid is obviously quite confusable, lol.

GODDAMNIT, Andy Reid is getting senile, and I want to trade with him. :)

Back
Top Bottom