Andy Reid: Branden Albert, Dolphins aren't talking | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Reid: Branden Albert, Dolphins aren't talking

Yes this is not nearly as far along as people believe. There's no permission, or contact between Albert and the Dolphins. There's no physical, nothing going on that way. The Dolphins and Chiefs may have had some discussions about him but that's as far as it's gone. It's gone no further.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...randen-alberts-agent-may-speak-with-dolphins/

I think it is moving at a good pace, eh?

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Contact with the agent would be the first move anyways...agree on a framework of a deal....have a physical. Finalize a deal and then talk finish the deal with the Chiefs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...randen-alberts-agent-may-speak-with-dolphins/

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Contact with the agent would be the first move anyways...agree on a framework of a deal....have a physical. Finalize a deal and then talk finish the deal with the Chiefs.

Reid also called it a "dead issue" (for now) and said the Dolphins havent spoken to the chiefs for two days.

I wasn't trying to say its "dead" or anything. I have word I trust that Albert hasn't met with anyone, no medical stuff or anything like that has occurred or is even scheduled. I also saw Reid's total denial so I took that piece of info at face value (oops), but even if permission is granted doesn't mean meetings, physicals and all that are occurring or scheduled to occur.

The impression the reporting was giving was that this thing is waist deep already, an inevitability. I don't think it's there yet.

To me it looks like we are sizing up what Albert wants in terms of a contract, and it doesn't look like terms are necessarily even close (i.e. there isn't yet a substantive offer). I hope we are just sizing it up and this point, allowing us to force them to blink on draft day. With what he will cost in terms of a contract, he's flat not worth a 2nd, but they might take less next Thursday night after they have picked when the pressure is all on them..

I wasn't trying to say its "dead" or anything. I have word I trust that Albert hasn't met with anyone, no medical stuff or anything like that has occurred or is even scheduled. I also saw Reid's total denial so I took that piece of info at face value (oops), but even if permission is granted doesn't mean meetings, physicals and all that are occurring or scheduled to occur.

The impression the reporting was giving was that this thing is waist deep already, an inevitability. I don't think it's there yet.

Fair enough. I always respect your takes. I have stated from the start that the Albert talks would be hot come the week of the draft...not a few weeks ago when people wanted the issue solved ASAP and not made to fester.

Reid does not want Albert, but loves his picks. I see this getting done, but not for a 2. I am standing by that. We shall see.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

To me it looks like we are sizing up what Albert wants in terms of a contract, and it doesn't look like terms are necessarily even close (i.e. there isn't yet a substantive offer). I hope we are just sizing it up and this point, allowing us to force them to blink on draft day. With what he will cost in terms of a contract, he's flat not worth a 2nd, but they might take less next Thursday night after they have picked when the pressure is all on them..

That is my issue...because of the player's contract, giving up a 2 is steep. 3b or 4...fine. However, come September in Cleveland, I want my LT taken care of. So at this point, I want the real deal at LT.

I watched the interview on ESPN. Reid said he did not give permission for Miami to speak DIRECTLY TO Albert, BUT gave permission for us to speak WITH HIS AGENT!

The deal still looks imminent if a contract can be hammered out.

Pure coach speak. I highly highly doubt we are not talking to Albert, that is if we havent already talked to him.

Andy Reid still has an evil grin on his face thinking about the A.J. Feeley trade.

Right. So in other words, we ARE TALKING TO ALBERT. Jeeze Reid...

We had better HOPE we aren't. Albert is the property of the KC chiefs, and under contract to them. If we get caught talking to Albert without their permission there will be a penalty involved.

There is no tampering going on. The slower the pace goes, the better for the Fins. Reid wants his picks on draft day. In the end, if it is 54 so be it. However, might as well still hold out for a lower pick. Albert will be toxic asset for them if they attempt to move him to RT and or do not extend him.

kc wouldn't be letting miami negotiate with albert unless they had the parameters of a deal ironed out pretty much...i'm sure they've already agreed on the compensation likely pick #54 and now the only hold up is getting albert to agree to terms on the extension...and i doubt that is gonna take long...

I am still stuck on why the Fins would invest the salary and picks in Albert, when we could have kept Jake Long. I am not so sure that Albert is the answer.
I would use 2 picks in the 2nd-4th round on OT's and hope they get it right with one of them.

Back
Top Bottom