Anquan Boldin Wouldnt mind a trade to miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dominizzo, Jan 8, 2009.

1. dominizzo

dominizzo CAMERON EARTH WAKE

2. Pepe305

Pepe305 Rookie

Yes Please!!

3. feelthepain

feelthepain A True Fan

I'd love to see him in a Fins uniform, but Arizona would probably want too much for him. I'll also take TJ Hoshmazode.

4. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

Forget Boldin . . . think 2 #1 picks . . . and if not that, atleast one #1 pick and another pick. Roy Williams got like a first, third and a sixth . . . . Boldin IMO is a much better WR than Roy and he still is only like 28.

We got to find our own Boldin, we can't trade away 2 #1's.

5. FinKage34

FinKage34 Starter

Bring it on! Boldin a Fin would be SICK!

6. UGAxFIN

UGAxFIN grrrrr

That article doesn't mention the need for another cornerback and a young NT

7. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

He's a terrific WR; a gamer who plays his heart out without any drama. I'd love to have him now in his prime. To me a known commodity such as Boldin is worth our first, considering how many highly touted college WRs surprisingly turn out to be developmental projects or flat-out failures. The problem is, I doubt the Cardinals would accept a non-top 10 pick (we're slotted at 26).

Given that there are some alternative FA and draft options, that our own WR corp is coming along and that we have even more pressing, immediate needs, I would NOT offer more than that 1st pick and maybe a 6th (although remember, Thomas was a better 6th than Murphy a 4th, so I don't even know about that). Either way, I'm sure that a package like that would fall far short compared to other offers.

FWIW, my friend's a die hard Cardinals season ticket holder who's always demonstrated a reliable foresight on what the team's up to. At the season's start, he was dead-set against doing anything with Boldin except for stonewalling his trade or renegotiation requests. However, at this point, he actually thinks that Steve Breaston is turning into another Boldin and feels the team would not rule out trading Boldin if they could strike a Roy Williiams type deal.

8. FINdestructible

FINdestructible Section 211

Man that would be great!!!! :woot:

9. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

Boldin would be nice to have,but not at the price it'd cost...we need those picks to address and fix our trenches,LBing corp,and Secondary...i don't know him personally,but Anquan Boldin and myself are from the same town,and Pahokee is a sh!thole of a town on Lake Okeechobee's S.E. corner...just thought i'd throw that out there...

10. Orange_Crush

Orange_Crush 11-5 (2008 AFC East Champs)

I most definatly wouldnt give up wat it would take to get him.
    we could draft great young players with the picks we would have to give up

11. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Our o-line is about our biggest need right now, especially after watching the Ravens simply abuse us. We aren't going anywhere in the playoffs until we build a solid o-line. Lets build around Jake Long. ...Satele, Alleman and Ndukwe have no business being starters. They're 3rd string guys and the Ravens game proves that.

12. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

Jake Long is definitely the cornerstone that we can build our O-Line around,and i believe we will...

13. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

It would take entirely too much to trade for him.
    If he was a FA, I would hand him a blank check.

14. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

The Ravens game also underscores how valuable a healthy Justin Smiley is to our team

15. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

but with his injury,what're the chances of him being able to come back...

16. FINdestructible

Yep, it's the Parcells way...

I agree with you about the cost, but boy would i love to have Anquan on our squad.

17. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

He's comming back . . . he is ahead of schedule . . . and Thomas is 100%.

We lost our 2 starting guards and guy who isn't the ideal center for a power offense, u can't have 10 pro bowlers on the line . . . we threw in our second stringers for half the season and we went 11-5 still . . . we did damn good considering the injuries on the line we had.

18. MiggeMadness

MiggeMadness Starter

I'm pretty confident that our FO will be able to get much more value for this team through the draft with the 2 or 3 picks that they would have to give up for Boldin.

Put it this way. If you look at last years draft...probably would have taken the Long pick and the Merling pick, plus a later pick....possibly the 6th we used on Thomas. If we wouldn't have given up the first overall pick....then say goodbye to probably both 2nds, the 3rd, and more.

Would you trade Merling, Henne, Langford, and later round picks for Boldin? I'll take my chances in the draft with the FO we have.

19. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

Boldin is great, but too expensive if he is even obtainable. The Cards won their division for the first time in like 50 frigging years. I would not be so confident that they would be willing to shake up that receiving core or that Boldin is as determined to be traded as he was in the beginning of the year.

Now cincy's wr hoshi-whatever? doesn't he enter FA this off season. That seems like a more viable option if we can sweet talk him here. He would only cost money and not draft picks. Just because we went 11-5 does not mean we are a complete enough team to give up draft picks. We are not one or two pieces away from being a complete team.

Yeah we had what looks to be a solid off season last year. We need a few more of them to get caught up from a decade of bad ones. The thing is this too. Each good draft that we have makes the next one harder to repeat. Last year we had high draft position and for the most part BPA in the draft was a position of need for us, which makes the decision process easier. This draft they are going to have some more difficult decisions to think about.

I don't feel like this team has reached that pinnacle of having the luxury of sacrificing first day picks for players with good reputations yet, especially multiple picks. Maybe if its just a single pick for a guy that you know who is going to come in and immediately break into the starting line up, but not multiple picks.

Honestly too I think allot of you are giving up on Ginn becoming a true #1 a little bit too soon. I have concerns about him as well but I think we have to wait and see with him. It is not our first priority of needs on this team. Remember he is young. He is only in his second year in the NFL. This is the first year he has had a good QB throwing to him. He came out of college his junior year. He has shown reasonable progress every season, so far. Lets see what he does next year before we decide he isn't ever going to be more then he is now.

NT I think is this teams biggest need this year and I hope Parcells already has that position picked out for us. Developmental or immediate impact, we need a long term solution at that position. D-Line hopefully will improve if they got that big push up the middle and our rookies have another year under their belt.

O-Line same concern, we need a better center. RT needs improvement too. RG is really hard to say considering we have no idea how good or bad Thomas is or isn't. He was hurt so what can you say other then we need depth on our line because we don't really have good substitutes in any of our line positions. That goes for defense too. LG position, I like Smiley but think that position could be upgraded as well. It isn't a priority type need but if the opportunity is available and it didn't come at the cost of sacrificing another position of need I would upgrade there too, and keep smiley and create good depth there. LG = Long, nothing more needs to be said about that. That pick was a definite hit for us.

Our LB's I have mixed feelings on. I think the ones we have are good but are situational. I think we need depth so we can rotate our packages better. I think Crowder is and Roth are both good on run packages and might even consider moving Roth to ILB position along side Crowder. Squeaky is a good pass rusher and OK at stopping runs when he doesn't rush, but he is a little one dimensional and slowing down. Aokelyle(however the hell you spell his name/) drops back in pass coverage nicely but has no help. He needs another back that can mirror his skills on pass packages, which we don't have. Point I'm getting at is we need 4 more linebackers to add depth and versatility to that area of the field.

This brings me to my favorite goats on our defense. Our secondary. Man have I been tough on them this year, well the first half of it anyhow. I give credit where it is due and they deserve kudos for stepping up their game the second half of the season. They still are not that great but they are greatly improved. Some of their struggles are from being over worked because of the problems we have up front. They still need to improve however. I don't see this area being addressed this off season unless there is some gem out there that is just too good to pass up on. I think this is something that we will address in the following off season, not this one. JMO.

One last thing I want to address, going back to our offense. I think if we can can get our O-Line really stabilized by doing what I mentioned above. It will greatly improve our ability to run the ball. This is a huge thing for us. This will improve our passing game immensely and keep us out of those 3rd n 8 positions that we really struggled with and force defense to keep people in the box to stop it. This will play right into Chads strength. Chad spreads the ball around nicely using all of his weapons but this season he really had to work to do it, because our run game was very average. Ronnie's numbers should of been much higher then they were but had no holes. same goes for Ricky. Ricky would sweep but never had any holes to cut back into for yards which is his style of running. Ronnie like to punch it up the middle between the tackles and he had no tackles that could open him a hole. This is why the wildcat worked best for us. Not only did it provide the unbalanced line shift to throw defenses off a bit it also gave Ronnie a split second longer to choose a hole. Ronnie has very good vision in that respect. He just needs that extra moment to pick his hole. That is why he gets hammered for hesitate because he is looking for a spot to hit. Problem is our line is not giving him any spots.

So I guess I am saying what allot of other people around here have been saying all year. Our area of need is our Lines first, Linebackers second, One good receiver third, Corner backs 4th, safeties 5th. That is the order of needs that I think this team is going to be looking to continue its rebuild process in.

20. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Donator

OK, so every team's OL the Ravens have faced this year are all filled with third stringers...?

21. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Uh in case you haven't noticed, Satele and Ndukwe have struggled a lot during the season, not just during the Ravens game.

22. burger13

burger13 FinHeaven VIP

not easy....if it were, every team would have one. ;)

23. SirDrums

SirDrums I like big drums and I cannot lie....... Finheaven VIP

As much as I would like to have Bolden on this team, I do not think this team is to the point were it can spend that much on one player.

24. Adam First

Adam First Don't Hate Miami Finheaven VIP Donator

Parcells, Ireland and Sparano are keeping their draft choices. We have alot of them this year.

2 (from WAS in Jason Taylor trade)
    7 (from CLE in Travis Daniels trade)
    7 (from CAR in Josh McCown trade)

We don't have a 6th due to the Jason Ferguson trade. But I expect a little more picks and/or cap space to be opened if we decide to move a few players.

25. Dolphan7

Dolphan7 Desert Dolphin Finheaven VIP

Boldin is nice, but we would never get the production out of him unless we have someone like Warner throwing to him. Even if we protected Chad better, he still isn't Kurt Warner.

Think about that for a minute.

The more I think about it, the more I think we don't try to go get a high end, high priced WR in the off-season.

If we can get a decent deep threat WR for a good price I say go for it, but how's gonna get the ball?

In order to have a deep threat WR, you need the other half of the equation, a QB that can get the ball to him deep. That ain't CP as much as I like CP.

So why pay all that money for a guy we could never utilize all his abilities.

26. ozman

ozman Rookie

I would trade our first pick in a heartbeat for Boldin. You never know what you are getting with a first rd. pick. Boldin is proven. Remember there are way more first rd. busts than studs.

27. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

Pennington can get the ball deep. What he lacks is zip on the ball. If you can add someone who can get seperation he becomes a viable deep target for Penny. Penny might not make that throw 20 times a game but if he picks n chooses to hit the deep man at the right times it would be effective. Also noone really knows when Henne's time is going to come. If it is sooner then later that opens up an option for him behind center as well.

28. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

This is nothing new - the article is just rehashing the news from months ago when Rosenhaus had said Boldin wouldn't mind coming to Miami. This is back when Boldin was peeved about Fitz's contract and the lack of his own big one - at the beginning of the season.

In other words, the article is just trying to rekindle Boldin as an option without any new news. So get over it, it's not going to happen, as much as we'd love it.

29. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

Our #1 and Ginn. He's a good #2 and would fit their offense.

They'd have Fitz/Ginn/Breaston/Urban/Doucet. Still a great receiver corps and we get our #1

We'd have

Boldin/Camarillo/Bess/London

30. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

If Arizona is looking for a "Roy Williams" type of deal with Boldin, then they're calling the wrong team. I love Anquan, but I don't like him THAT much.

31. BARF

BARF ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

boldin will too much we might as well go after housh

32. Dolfinfan9

Dolfinfan9 New Member

Bolden is a great player who plays with heart but the only way to get him out as mentioned would be to win the lottery however the cap room jumps this year so maybe we could....but an ed reed safty would make me alot happier and some faster younger LB's would help joey out also Smiley will be back and Bess proved he can be a good young # 3 reciever

33. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

we should welcome him with open arms

34. G-Force

G-Force Hall Of Famer

I don't know where you people saying we don't need another WR this year. I don't know if you seen any games or Highlights this year but every TD and highlight Ginnn got he was doubled way more than 1/2 the plays. A big WR opposite of him is exactly what we need and if it was Bolden how many teams do you really think will choose to double Ginn over Anquan? Bess in the slot would also be able to do his Welker/Steve Smith thing.

35. G-Force

G-Force Hall Of Famer

BTW, in case some of you missed it we only had 2 WR's dressed when Bess went to the locker room Sunday and that was Ginn and London. No, getting a WR this offseason is insane.:rolleyes2:

36. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

You seem dedicated to gettin Ginn off the Dolphins :lol:

37. Lorenzo Rules

Lorenzo Rules A True Fan

this may be a dumb idea but why cant we bring in dt Ryan McBean , olineman Tony Palmer and ss chris Gambel in f/a

then look at wr Miles Austin or T.O. and then draft center David Washington in rd 3 and use the first two picks for the secondary help ?

I know you guys hate T.O. he isnt a bad guy he just wants to win and the media has had it in for him since he danced on the sacred star .

T.O 's reputation as cancer is a bonified tacktic used by the media when a player disses the Dallas Cowturds.

I dont buy the media's inturpentation of a lot of players.

but if truth be known i would rather have Ocho cinco because he could save money by not having to mail a case of pepto -bismal to Joey because Joey is already a fin.

38. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

I'd be lying if I said I was a big fan. He's too much of a cupcake player for me. But he's definately garnered some worth this season. He'd make good trade bait.

39. CASSINO

CASSINO Starter

Again we want to trade for a player Dumbstash should have drafted.

40. crazyfin

crazyfin Rookie

I would love to have boldin you never know!!!!!!

41. juniorseau55

juniorseau55 The Finheaven Intimidator

I mean if we just plan to play the season out then we can definately just keep our receivers but if post-season is our goal then getting a speedy veteran is an option for us. Just a matter of the price and how well this player is conditioned. Remember the last receiver we picked out of injury? Yes Boston! Things didn't turn out so well.

42. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think we could get for him. I am not opposed to trading him if there is value there but I don't see where we could get enough value in a trade to justify it. We are already weak in the WR area and trading him would set us back further. That is my biggest skepticism of doing that.

43. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

PLEASE! don't mention the name David Boston in any thread you see me posting in. I hate that guy with a passion.

44. juniorseau55

DAVID SHULAGUY BOSTON!

45. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

[​IMG]

46. juniorseau55

DONT GO SHULAGUYYYYYYYYYYYY NOOO HE BLEW UP!

:boohoo:

47. FINdestructible

:lol:

48. DENVERDOLFAN

DENVERDOLFAN Starter

I actually think Boldin is the perfect receiver for Pennington. He doesn't require the long ball. He is a catch and run receiver. He is what Bess would be if he had the size. He catches everything thrown his way (although he did drop a few passes late this year), and then consistenly gets the yards after the catch. I don't know that this franchise can afford to trade multiple picks for one player at this point, but he would be one of the few players you would consider doing it for.

49. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

Hey who is the cutie in your avatar is that mrs. destructible?

50. juniorseau55

I am not too hopeful of his latest injuries. One of his injuries was horrible and there were some others that might affect him later on in his career. I don't think we have a gun slinger like Warner in Miami so we would not benefit much from the Vertical Passing game that he was a part of.