Any players catch your eye? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any players catch your eye?

Derwin James is ideally a player I'd like to see Miami draft, but I know that we've already committed a billion dollars to the safety position and for whatever reason, the dopes who run the Dolphins aren't interested in safeties with great cover skills or a lot of range back there.

Jones and McDonald are both very good safeties, but they're basically the same player, and that's no way to construct a defense.

As much as I've stubbornly said I don't want more corn in the first round, I won't be upset if we draft Nelson. That boy can play football. And if we're moving on from Ja'Wuan James, that means what? Jesse Davis is in the cards at right tackle? That opens a huge hole back up at guard.

I was eager to watch the Oklahoma-Georgia game. I was hoping to see Mark Andrews do more but the game didn't play out that way. The constant 2nd half pressure that Mayfield was under didn't let Andrews have much impact when they needed it. LT Orlando Brown Jr. certainly helped his case to be a top 15 pick as did Georgia's Roquan Smith.

I don't consider RB a high enough need to be one of our primary picks but man I'd love to have Sony Michel on my team. He has a similar skill set to Drake's which is that of a complete back. Would be nice to have two of them.
I had the same thought re Sony Michel. The other Georgia RB, Chubb also impressed the hell out of me.
We need a TE and the Wisconsin player with the missing finger, Fumagalli looks like a clutch player. I have absolutely no idea where Michel, Chubb and Fumagalli are expected to be drafted.

Derwin James is ideally a player I'd like to see Miami draft, but I know that we've already committed a billion dollars to the safety position and for whatever reason, the dopes who run the Dolphins aren't interested in safeties with great cover skills or a lot of range back there.

Jones and McDonald are both very good safeties, but they're basically the same player, and that's no way to construct a defense.

As much as I've stubbornly said I don't want more corn in the first round, I won't be upset if we draft Nelson. That boy can play football. And if we're moving on from Ja'Wuan James, that means what? Jesse Davis is in the cards at right tackle? That opens a huge hole back up at guard.
Agree Jones and TJM are pretty much the same player and we miss having a FS back there.
As far as RT, I think they might have a competition with Smith, Sterup and Davis. If one of the first two shows that he can be the starting RT during camp then Davis would stary at guard. This is just speculation on my part. If this FO didn't want to take a guard at 18 last year then I don't see how they'd take one at 11 this year but again, I don't know this for a fact so we'll have to wait and see.
Whatever they do in free agency might give us a better indication as to how they approach the draft

Ozzy rules!!

Not focusing on a particular player, this draft is pretty deep at RB, and I think Sony Michel highlights that. Few people talk about him because he's probably not a top 6 RB in this draft, but he's a damn good football player. There are gonna be RB's like Royce Freeman, Mark Walton, Rashaad Penny, and Ronald Jones that get pushed down to the 4th or 5th rounds because the pool of RB talent is so deep.

Josh Adams is another running back that likely won't be one of the top 5 backs selected but could still b a good NFL back. Another player that might be on the board in the 3rd or 4th round.

I'm glad others have mentioned how small Smith looked. That stood out to me beyond anything in the bowl games, but I thought I would be ripped if I posted it. I even considered starting a thread in the Draft Forum specifically devoted to the topic.

It wasn't his height as much as his overall frame. Not much of anything. From that point forth I really didn't care what he did during the game.

Regarding height, during the Rose Bowl they showed a picture of Smith standing alongside Dock Butkus, the legendary Bears linebacker even if the profanity filter tries to obscure who I am referring to. Smith appeared to be about an inch and a half shorter than Butkus, who was listed at 6-3 during his playing career but at age 75 he probably has shrunk an inch or inch and a half. That's the way it works. My dad went from 6-2 to 6-0 1/2.

So I'd estimate Smith at 6-0 or perhaps 6-0 1/2 on the high end.

Agree Jones and TJM are pretty much the same player and we miss having a FS back there.
As far as RT, I think they might have a competition with Smith, Sterup and Davis. If one of the first two shows that he can be the starting RT during camp then Davis would stary at guard. This is just speculation on my part.

Zach Sterup has the foot speed of Frankenstein with an acl and mcl
tear on both knees. Sterup was God awful playing left tackle
allowing 7 QB pressures. I don't want him within a 200 ft radius of Tannehill next season

Roquan Smith.... He had a pretty absent first half, but made some plays late including that huge hit that prevented a first down in OT. I've seen enough of him this season to justify my prayers that he's on the board at #11.

He got knocked around easily on some plays...not sold completely on him at 11

allowing 7 QB pressures. I don't want him within a 200 ft radius of Tannehill next season

I think Sterup and Smith will be ok back up tackles. Sterup may have allowed a few qb pressures in his first start, but many backups allow a few sacks in that situation.

noted

Ozzy rules!!

1st round-Q. Nelson, Saquan Barkley, Mason Rudolph or Baker Mayfield. 2-Billy Price G/C Ohio State-he's a starting Guard day one and Pouncey's future replacement 3-Troy Fumagalli TE Wisconson, great size and hands

The Good news is, I’ve seen several mock drafts where Darwin James has dropped out of the top ten picks, going in the teens. I’m having a hard time believing that could happen, supposedly, these mocks are saying he hasn’t looked the same this year, prior to his injury. In some cases it may take more than a year to recover from his type of injury. Something to keep an eye on and with a little luck he’s there at #11?
More like FSU going a coaching change and Charles Kelly getting exposed

A few is one or two or three not 7

I'm sorry. In my neck of the woods two or three has always been referred to as a couple. After that comes a few and then several after that. I don't think Sterup looked that bad in terms of a backup tackle.

I'm glad others have mentioned how small Smith looked. That stood out to me beyond anything in the bowl games, but I thought I would be ripped if I posted it. I even considered starting a thread in the Draft Forum specifically devoted to the topic.

It wasn't his height as much as his overall frame. Not much of anything. From that point forth I really didn't care what he did during the game.

Regarding height, during the Rose Bowl they showed a picture of Smith standing alongside Dock Butkus, the legendary Bears linebacker even if the profanity filter tries to obscure who I am referring to. Smith appeared to be about an inch and a half shorter than Butkus, who was listed at 6-3 during his playing career but at age 75 he probably has shrunk an inch or inch and a half. That's the way it works. My dad went from 6-2 to 6-0 1/2.

So I'd estimate Smith at 6-0 or perhaps 6-0 1/2 on the high end.
For everyone talking about how small Roquan Smith is... he's listed at 6-1 225. Ryan Shazier who Nobody was complaining about in Pittsburgh and is sorely missed right now is 6-1 230. They're basically the same types of player too with elite athletic skills.

Back
Top Bottom