Any players catch your eye? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any players catch your eye?

For everyone talking about how small Roquan Smith is... he's listed at 6-1 225. Ryan Shazier who Nobody was complaining about in Pittsburgh and is sorely missed right now is 6-1 230. They're basically the same types of player too with elite athletic skills.

Last year there were a lot of people saying Jabrill Peppers could play linebacker in the NFL and he's smaller than Smith.

For everyone talking about how small Roquan Smith is... he's listed at 6-1 225. Ryan Shazier who Nobody was complaining about in Pittsburgh and is sorely missed right now is 6-1 230. They're basically the same types of player too with elite athletic skills.

That's what he is listed at. Teams typically don't list players smaller than they are. He'll get smaller once the official combine stats come in. It's always funny to see what they actually are vs what they are on paper. Manti Te'o, anyone?

Not to mention he looks small out there. Thin shoulders, narrow frame, etc.. Him holding up throwing his body around like that becomes a concern.

Good prospect. 11 is pretty rich though.

Smith has a small frame and he's not nearly as explosive or dynamic as Shazier. He also plays somewhat hunched over and with slightly bent knees so that makes him effectively smaller on the field than any measured numbers would indicate.

I don't dislike the player. I'd like to try to do better. Smith was a 4 star recruit, not 5 star. Alabama barely recruited him because they didn't think he was big enough for Saban's defense.

I always keep things like that in mind, because I believe everything tends to drift back to the beginning. When I look at Smith I see a small linebacker with good but not elite instincts and wrap up skills.

Smith has a small frame and he's not nearly as explosive or dynamic as Shazier. He also plays somewhat hunched over and with slightly bent knees so that makes him effectively smaller on the field than any measured numbers would indicate.

I don't dislike the player. I'd like to try to do better. Smith was a 4 star recruit, not 5 star. Alabama barely recruited him because they didn't think he was big enough for Saban's defense.

I always keep things like that in mind, because I believe everything tends to drift back to the beginning. When I look at Smith I see a small linebacker with good but not elite instincts and wrap up skills.
I respect your opinions here, really I do... But I don't agree with them. Smith looks every bit as explosive and dynamic as Shazier did in college to me. I really couldn't care less about how many star recruit he was either as that means absolutely nothing at all. Patrick Willis and Luke Keuchly were both 3 star recruits, need I say more?

Back
Top Bottom