anyone else high on vernon gholston? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else high on vernon gholston?

When people bring up things like this about Gholston and him not being able to play in the NFL I can't help but wonder if they think that Jake Long won't be good in the NFL either. Gholston terrorized Jake Long in that OSU/Mich game, and Gholston is one of main reasons that some people are Saying Jake Long may not be a good tackle in the NFL. Now Jake is clearly the best O-lineman in a draft class that is very strong at that position and if Gholston can beat him consistently I like his chances of succeeding in the NFL.

yeah, that's why they had to move over to right side for most of the game. Gholston played against Long for 2 years and had 1 sack and like 5 tackles; not exactly terrorizing numbers.

When people bring up things like this about Gholston and him not being able to play in the NFL I can't help but wonder if they think that Jake Long won't be good in the NFL either. Gholston terrorized Jake Long in that OSU/Mich game, and Gholston is one of main reasons that some people are Saying Jake Long may not be a good tackle in the NFL. Now Jake is clearly the best O-lineman in a draft class that is very strong at that position and if Gholston can beat him consistently I like his chances of succeeding in the NFL.

Sorry but you must have been watching a different game
to say Gholston can or did beat Long consistantly because Long did give up ONE sack during that game which was the ONLY sack Long allowed all season.

So to say IF Gholston can beat him consistantly is just wrong since it never happened

That 1 sack is a big deal even if Long is overrated as a LT and you're saying like it's no big deal. If Gholston can get 1 sack a game he's the obvious pick regardless of the 30 other plays.

That 1 sack is a big deal even if Long is overrated as a LT and you're saying like it's no big deal. If Gholston can get 1 sack a game he's the obvious pick regardless of the 30 other plays.

yeah except, he got one sack IN HIS CAREER against Jake.

No need to be worried that he is, because HE IS... Just look at him, even with crazy lifting, eating nothing but dry chicken breasts and drinking nothing but gallons of protein shakes, the human body still is not meant to get that big

Wow dude :rolleyes2:

I'm sure you have evidence that he juices..? Oh whats that you don't? Then stop making accusations you can't back up. Makes you look like a jack ***.

Sorry but you must have been watching a different game
to say Gholston can or did beat Long consistantly because Long did give up ONE sack during that game which was the ONLY sack Long allowed all season.

So to say IF Gholston can beat him consistantly is just wrong since it never happened

Too bad they don't count hurries. Because Gholston gets to the QB.

yeah except, he got one sack IN HIS CAREER against Jake.

Yeah lol his WHOLE career? Are you sure wow all 2 games? lmao Gholston beat Long numerous times that game and should have even more sacks for plays like this but the QB threw it away. This video was as sophomore against Long and it wasn't a sack but he easily beat him like he did many times as a Junior when he dominated the entire game with 3 sacks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yot9ClPvZDg

Performances like that 3 sack game against Michigan make me think he's the pick b/c as we saw with the Giants stopping even an O like the patriots is easy with speed rushers. I think it will give us a quicker turnaround than a right or left tackle. Carey at LT is not the reason we lost games last season.

Yeah lol his WHOLE career? Are you sure wow all 2 games? lmao Gholston beat Long numerous times that game and should have even more sacks for plays like this but the QB threw it away. This video was as sophomore against Long and it wasn't a sack but he easily beat him like he did many times as a Junior when he dominated the entire game with 3 sacks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yot9ClPvZDg

Performances like that 3 sack game against Michigan make me think he's the pick b/c as we saw with the Giants stopping even an O like the patriots is easy with speed rushers. I think it will give us a quicker turnaround than a right or left tackle. Carey at LT is not the reason we lost games last season.

still with the same play... what happened on the other 50? should have had more sacks? now that's funny!!!

On the other 50 he dominated the game including 3 sacks and one on Long. LOL you're still making me laugh. Did you even watch the game?? Gholston was putting pressure all day and had numerous plays like that video that would have given him even more sacks had the QB not thrown it away.

Why is it that every video i see of gholston this kid shows NO EMOTION! I ,mean, a little enthusiasm would be nice. what i love about chris long is that that motor not only pumps him up, but also his team, and the fans. i want either chris or jake. preferably jake.

On the other 50 he dominated the game including 3 sacks and one on Long. LOL you're still making me laugh. Did you even watch the game?? Gholston was putting pressure all day and had numerous plays like that video that would have given him even more sacks had the QB not thrown it away.

yeah, it's only counted if he actually sacks the QB, there's no stat for "almost". if Gholston was dominating Long so much, why did they move him to the opposite side most of the game?

yeah, it's only counted if he actually sacks the QB, there's no stat for "almost". if Gholston was dominating Long so much, why did they move him to the opposite side most of the game?

Are you being serious? There is something called hurries and that can affect the game just as much. If you read a little slower I never said Gholston dominated Long I said he dominated the game with 3 sacks (a big reason Michigan only got 3 points) and beat Long numerous times for hurries and a sack. I believe a player like him or Chris can help us dominate on D like the Giants which will bring a turn around much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom