anyone else high on vernon gholston? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else high on vernon gholston?

i wonder if we could find a trade partner so we could trade down i do not think vg is worth a #1 draft pick.

I was originally all for Chris Long but now i'm for Chris or Gholston either one. Gholston will probably go to #6 Jets if we don't get him but I read some places the Rams might grab him at #2 now. Check out his junior year highlights... it's crazy the pressure he gets on the QB.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YE2y_ypR9wQ&

Are you being serious? There is something called hurries and that can affect the game just as much. If you read a little slower I never said Gholston dominated Long I said he dominated the game with 3 sacks (a big reason Michigan only got 3 points) and beat Long numerous times for hurries and a sack. I believe a player like him or Chris can help us dominate on D like the Giants which will bring a turn around much quicker.

OK then, how many hurries did Gholston get on Jake? where can I find that stat?

I would take C Long over Gholston any day of the year.

I have never heard of hurries as being an actual stat. if it was, wouldn't we be hearing about them instead of just '2 sacks in 4 years'? especially if his "trouble" with speed rushers is such a big concern.

I have never heard of hurries as being an actual stat. if it was, wouldn't we be hearing about them instead of just '2 sacks in 4 years'? especially if his "trouble" with speed rushers is such a big concern.

I don't know if its an actual stat but you said Vernon coming close to a sack didn't count for nothing, when making the QB throw the ball away can change a game just as much.

I don't know if its an actual stat but you said Vernon coming close to a sack didn't count for nothing, when making the QB throw the ball away can change a game just as much.

:lol: okay. 3rd and long and its a incomplete results in a punt. Hurries a QB for TO. Doesn't give the QB time to move the chains yeah isnt very important :rolleyes2:

Dude you have along way to go learning about football.

Gholston is 6'3" 266, runs a 4.58 in the 40, has a 40" vertical jump, bench presses 225 pounds 37 times and was the only guy to beat Jake Long for sacks. He has huge upside and could be a dominating force for years in the NFL.

:lol: okay. 3rd and long and its a incomplete results in a punt. Hurries a QB for TO. Doesn't give the QB time to move the chains yeah isnt very important :rolleyes2:

Dude you have along way to go learning about football.

Which is exactly what I said. Can you read? lmao wow :rolleyes2:

Yeah lol his WHOLE career? Are you sure wow all 2 games? lmao Gholston beat Long numerous times that game and should have even more sacks for plays like this but the QB threw it away. This video was as sophomore against Long and it wasn't a sack but he easily beat him like he did many times as a Junior when he dominated the entire game with 3 sacks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yot9ClPvZDg

Performances like that 3 sack game against Michigan make me think he's the pick b/c as we saw with the Giants stopping even an O like the patriots is easy with speed rushers. I think it will give us a quicker turnaround than a right or left tackle. Carey at LT is not the reason we lost games last season.

Agreed completely.

close only counts in horseshoes and a couple other things. lol I'm saying if it isn't a stat, then it doesn't count. the problem with hurries is, when you look at that tape, you have to ask 'what caused Henne to throw the ball'? is it really Gholston, or was the receiver open? did the timing of the play make it look like he had to get rid of the ball or was it the right time to throw? I would say most QB's get "hurried" on most plays. since we don't see the whole field, you can't tell on this particular play. and really, if you look closely, Mike Hart should have stopped him. he is the one who got beat. Jake guessed wrong and took himself out of position. you can say his slow feet didn't allow him to recover, but I doubt very many tackles could have made that first move and got back to effectively block Gholston. I'm not a scout, and as far as I know, neither are you. what we think we see isn't always what is really going on. I think the real scouts disagree with you and if Jake Long was as slow as some here say, he wouldn't even be considered by the top 5 teams in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom