Anyone just heard this... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone just heard this...

kingfin23

This is the Year
Reaction score
I just heard on sirus radio sports show that the dolphins are trying to land Steve Smith.. The two are in talks of working on a deal... Man hope this is true...Anyone hear this...:up::up:

no, but that would be awesome... smith still has some good years left in him, it woudl be an awesome move as long as the price isn't too high....

I dont know if I would like that trade. Even tho smith is very good he isnt the style of receiver we need. We need a guy with size and sure hands in the red zone

I heard they want a 1st or high 2nd. Never happen he's going to the Bears. Not unless we can package a player and lower pick.

a first round pick for a guy that is already 30 yrs old? don't make me laugh. they can probably land a second and maybe a depth player?

smith a tough dude, we need some attitude in the receiving corps. and he is one of the best at YAC, another thing we sorely lack.

not sure carolina wants to trade a guy who they have to play against on nov. 19. what a huge advantage that would be for us on a short week.

not sure carolina wants to trade a guy who they have to play against on nov. 19. what a huge advantage that would be for us on a short week.
maybe not, but in the end, it doesn't matter. they are not going anywhere this year. and the dolphins are not a divisional opponent for them, they likely won't see smith again for a long time.

man, henne throwing deep to steve smith sounds pretty enticing. and he's a tough enough runner to maybe get him involved in some wildcat trickeration.

the bears already traded away their first *second* and third round picks for next year and a first for the year after, which means we have a better chance of getting him if we the FO really wants him. I doubt the bears are going to give away all their picks just in the hopes of winning in the short term.

I heard they want a 1st or high 2nd. Never happen he's going to the Bears. Not unless we can package a player and lower pick.

*edit* - thanks greasyObnoxious

the bears already traded away their first and third round picks for next year and a first for the year after, which means we have a better chance of getting him if we the FO really wants him. I doubt the bears are going to give away all their picks just in the hopes of winning in the short term.

Bears don't have a 2nd rounder either. they traded it for Gaines Adams

Catch22 thanks for posting that. Now atleast people see I didn't make this up. Thanks bro.. Just hope its maybe ginn and a 2nd maybe roth too... Today is the day we get the answer no matter what. I wouldn't mind Bowe either..

I hope this is true...I'm not getting my hopes up bc this sounds to good to be true.

I don't see why you would trade Ginn. There is no point to trade Ginn, now you have a quarterback that can get him the ball deep.

A 2nd and a 4th would probably get it done. If i were the dolphins i would do this in a heartbeat. If Henne continues to play like he did vs the Jests, It could be a move that would put you guys over the top...

Back
Top Bottom