Anyone just heard this... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone just heard this...

i really hope this report is true. it would make my week, that would be ausum. we need a big play reciever very desperatly if we r going to want to make some noise in the playoffs.

it would take a lot to get steve smith. somehow I don't see this team giving up that much when they would probably admit to still being in a rebuilding mode. that's why I'm not getting my hopes up for Smith. Bowe on the other hand might be had for an acceptable amount?

good point...but Smith seems to have some baggage as well

thats what I'm trying to figure out....I don't remember him speaking out much and being a big drama queen, but I don't like any player on my team speaking out like this saying he's of no use to the team because the quarterback sucks.

Wasn't Smith the one with the 60 something yard overtime reception against the Rams in the playoffs years ago?

And not that I think this trade is going to happen, but here's a video of some Smith highlights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtzT7YTzGHU

Does anyone remember who we were hoping to get last year right before the trade deadline? I think it would be interesting to see how good those players ended up doing.....

it would take a lot to get steve smith. somehow I don't see this team giving up that much when they would probably admit to still being in a rebuilding mode. that's why I'm not getting my hopes up for Smith. Bowe on the other hand might be had for an acceptable amount?

I think you are right but it is fun to dream.

Im not sure what i think of this possibility. I think it doesnt happen so my thoughts dont really matter much however lol. I live here in Charlotte and while Smith is a beast, no doubt, the man wines and cries CONSTANTLY. Alright so yes Delhome is absolute trash , but whenever Smith isnt the focus of a game he opens his mouth. Is that what we need on a team that pounds the ball? O.o

Making these trades goes against what this regime wants to do right? We want to keep picks and build through the draft supposedly. But I guess anything can happen and I expect it will.

That's one of the dumber things i've read on here so far...have you ever watched him play? He plays like a giant...i mean Jake Delsuck just chucks it up into double coverage and the guy out jumps and out muscles whoever is around for the football. I could care less if he's 5'9" bc it doesn't mean ****. The guy comes down with the ball regardless of his height and weight.

True that. Smith is one of the most physical players in the league. He got heart.
He goes out there and lays everything out on the field.
I love watching the guy play.

Man people get to held up on age on this board. To quote John Grueden on the first Monday Night Football Game" With today's workout programs, suppliments, hypobaric chambers, 30 is not a issue anymore." You have to evaluate it on a case by case basis now.

Smith is a BEAST! Any time he gets his hands on the ball he is a threat to break it. Last year after he Torched Rhonde Barber all game long in the post game Rhonde siad " covering him is ridiculous he has the fastest first to steps in football!" Imagine all the times Bess or Cam catches the ball underneath makes a move, but gets caught? Smith makes that move and is gone! He has passion for the game and wants the ball, he was thrown to 1 time against Tampa this week. All because Delhome is gun shy from all his interceptions. Sure Bowe has inches on Smith, but Smith doesn't DROP the ball!

Making these trades goes against what this regime wants to do right? We want to keep picks and build through the draft supposedly. But I guess anything can happen and I expect it will.

But if you can get a proven young receiver like Bowe who is 25 for a pick, then we aren't taking any chances and that leaves other areas of the team to address like safety and inside linebacker.

steve smith from the panthers or from the giants?

Back
Top Bottom