Are Dolphins Fans Loyal? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins Fans Loyal?

Been a Dolphins fan since I can remember. I'm 26 and I can't remember a time when I wasn't rooting for Miami.

I did spend 10 years in Pittsburgh, from age 8-18, so I do enjoy watching Pittsburgh also. But if Miami plays Pittsburgh I am 100% rooting for Miami to whoop the Steelers ass.

Definitely don't get as much satisfaction watching Pittsburgh win as watching Miami win.

I had Miami Dolphins pajamas as a preschool child, eons ago. I'm not sure they still sell them. I should have just packed them away when I was 4, they might be worth something today.

I'd bet that most of these same die hard fans that try to tell you what reality is were dead wrong about Miami making the playoffs.

Cutler may well play elite football this season. It's not that big of a stretch to think he can with the talent surrounding him.

Well said. Neither is likely, both are in the realm of possibility. Absolutely correct about the playoffs last year.

The Dolphins fans that are left after the last 20 years are extremely loyal.

Cutler isn't elite. Miami isn't going to the SB.

I'm as loyal as you'll find. Two Dolphins tattoos, I'm on this site annually, and I travel to Miami annually to watch a game.
Well, they might go to the Super Bowl this year if they buy their tickets early enough.

Seriously, proud Dolphins fan here since their last Super Bowl victory. I'm cautiously optimistic about this season (as opposed to how much more optimistic I was when Tannehill was healthy), but I'm also a realist. If they get to 10-6 this year, that will be something else. Then, EVERYBODY better watch out for us in 2018 (barring injuries).

Been a Dolphins fan since I was 7 (I'm 38 tomorrow). I live in NJ and my parents are Jets fans. My dad watched football every Sunday, and I loved watching with him. He would always get more animated when the Jets played Miami, and I fell in love with Marino when I was 7 (yes, I am one of the only females on this site). It drove him crazy that I would root for the Dolphins, but that's when I became a Dolphins fan, and have been ever since. My bar downstairs is a Dolphins haven, with a few Brett Favre things, as my husband was a fan. I have converted him since Favre retired. We fly down to Florida for 1 game every year. I go to the Jets/Dolphins game at MetLife every year with my mom (Dad prefers to watch from home). I recently went to the Hall of Fame and met Dan Marino. My car is all Dolphins (steering wheel cover, mats, decals), my cell phone case is Dolphins. My German shepherd is named Phin (poor dog).

With all that said, I'm excited that we have a young team and have a Super Bowl chance in the next few years, but I am a realist as well. It's not happening this year.

To answer the title question, i dont think being a harbringer of doom and gloom has anything to do with being loyal or not. As others have said, if you were supporting this team in any fashion week 1 last year, you were loyal, regardless of outlook.

I have been a fan since 66, I have raised three die hard fans. My youngest is going to the opener. Jay Cutler is not elite, either is RT17.

Been a Dolphins fan since I was 7 (I'm 38 tomorrow). I live in NJ and my parents are Jets fans. My dad watched football every Sunday, and I loved watching with him. He would always get more animated when the Jets played Miami, and I fell in love with Marino when I was 7 (yes, I am one of the only females on this site). It drove him crazy that I would root for the Dolphins, but that's when I became a Dolphins fan, and have been ever since. My bar downstairs is a Dolphins haven, with a few Brett Favre things, as my husband was a fan. I have converted him since Favre retired. We fly down to Florida for 1 game every year. I go to the Jets/Dolphins game at MetLife every year with my mom (Dad prefers to watch from home). I recently went to the Hall of Fame and met Dan Marino. My car is all Dolphins (steering wheel cover, mats, decals), my cell phone case is Dolphins. My German shepherd is named Phin (poor dog).

With all that said, I'm excited that we have a young team and have a Super Bowl chance in the next few years, but I am a realist as well. It's not happening this year.
Now that is an out-of-town fan. :thumbsup:thumbsup
Don't you guys forget our tailgate when you are in town.

I am - been here since 1972!

Gase is great - so I'm not worried anymore.

But its been HARD being a Dolphin fan - there have been dark times.

Yep. In the same way the infected are loyal to herpes. Its incurable though you dont always show symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom