are there any 1st round rbs... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are there any 1st round rbs...

If it came to be that Miami trades back and gets him I would be pretty happy about that.

pretty happy??? lol...more like i'd feel like the luckiest man alive if we got him in the early 20's in a trade back...

the nfl does dumb things all the time...letting dez bryant fall to #24 and right in the cowboys wheelhouse etc...if mark ingram gets out of the top 20 just go ahead and add it to the list

I know for a fact there's one worth taking in the 1st round. New England and New Orleans are both ideal landing spots for Ingram if Miami's front office decides to "outsmart" everybody else and pass on him. Mikel LeShoure is the second back on my board and gets a borderline 1st round grade.... the ability is there, he just doesn't have the body of work to go with it. A large chunk of his production came in a 330 yard performance against Northwestern's defense this year...

This is basically how my RB board looks right now...

(230+ pound backs)

1. Daniel Thomas (late/mid 2nd round)

2. Jamie Harper (early/mid 4th round)

3. Allen Bradford (late 4th round/early 5th round)

4. Robert Hughes (late 6th round/early 7th round)

(210-229 pound backs)

1. Mark Ingram (mid 1st round)

2. Mikel LeShoure (late 1st round/early 2nd round)

3. Delone Carter (late 2nd round/early 3rd round)

4. Ryan Williams (late 2nd round/early 3rd round)

5. Roy Helu (mid 3rd round)

6. DeMarco Murray (mid 3rd round)

7. Shane Vereen (late 3rd round)

8. Brandon Saine (early 4th round)

9. Anthony Allen (mid/late 4th round)

10. Da'Rel Scott (late 4th round)

11. Alex Green (late 4th round)

12. Stevan Ridley (late 4th round/early 5th round)

13. Vai Taua (late 5th round/early 6th round)

14. Darren Evans (mid 6th round)

15. Evan Royster (late 6th round)

16. Shaun Droughn (mid 7th round)

(175-209 pound backs)

1. Jordan Todman (late 2nd round)

2. Kendall Hunter (early 3rd round)

3. Dion Lewis (late 3rd round/early 4th round)

4. Derrick Locke (mid 4th round)

5. Bilal Powell (mid 4th round)

6. Quizz Rodgers (late 4th round)

7. Johnny White (early/mid 5th round)

8. Taiwan Jones (mid 5th round)

9. Noel Devine (late 5th round/early 6th round)

10. Armando Allen (late 6th round/early 7th round)

Rounds 2, 3, and 4 is where the best value is always going to be with the running back position... I look for a run on running backs to start in the late 2nd round and continue on through the 4th round...

Absolutely no way Ingram falls into the 20's. Not a chance. The only reason Bryant fell was because of possible character issues. On the other end of the spectrum, Ingram has been tagged with excellent character and work ethic.

**** trading back. There's no value in trading back when we desperately need a RB. Fans think Henne was bad last year? Just wait till he has to play with Hilliard/Sheets, a washed up free agent veteran or some sub-par rookie RB from the mid rounds.

Either we take Ingram at 15 or we watch him run all over defensive fronts for years and years to come.

draft ryan williams

he has great size and elite speed..r.w is number 34 too so u won't have to chuck those ricky jerseys.
ryan williams is my fav back this draft my 2nd fav is noel divine..if our team needs speed here it is..

he has great size and elite speed..r.w is number 34 too so u won't have to chuck those ricky jerseys.
ryan williams is my fav back this draft my 2nd fav is noel divine..if our team needs speed here it is..

I like Williams, I liked him last year alot, but he has to prove that he can stay healthy . . . and he hasn't done that. He was hurt in hgh school and he has been hurt in college. Wayyyy to high to take him at 15 and he probably won't be there in round 3.

I know for a fact there's one worth taking in the 1st round. New England and New Orleans are both ideal landing spots for Ingram if Miami's front office decides to "outsmart" everybody else and pass on him. Mikel LeShoure is the second back on my board and gets a borderline 1st round grade.... the ability is there, he just doesn't have the body of work to go with it. A large chunk of his production came in a 330 yard performance against Northwestern's defense this year...

This is basically how my RB board looks right now...

(230+ pound backs)

1. Daniel Thomas (late/mid 2nd round)

2. Jamie Harper (early/mid 4th round)

3. Allen Bradford (late 4th round/early 5th round)

4. Robert Hughes (late 6th round/early 7th round)

(210-229 pound backs)

1. Mark Ingram (mid 1st round)

2. Mikel LeShoure (late 1st round/early 2nd round)

3. Delone Carter (late 2nd round/early 3rd round)

4. Ryan Williams (late 2nd round/early 3rd round)

5. Roy Helu (mid 3rd round)

6. DeMarco Murray (mid 3rd round)

7. Shane Vereen (late 3rd round)

8. Brandon Saine (early 4th round)

9. Anthony Allen (mid/late 4th round)

10. Da'Rel Scott (late 4th round)

11. Alex Green (late 4th round)

12. Stevan Ridley (late 4th round/early 5th round)

13. Vai Taua (late 5th round/early 6th round)

14. Darren Evans (mid 6th round)

15. Evan Royster (late 6th round)

16. Shaun Droughn (mid 7th round)

(175-209 pound backs)

1. Jordan Todman (late 2nd round)

2. Kendall Hunter (early 3rd round)

3. Dion Lewis (late 3rd round/early 4th round)

4. Derrick Locke (mid 4th round)

5. Bilal Powell (mid 4th round)

6. Quizz Rodgers (late 4th round)

7. Johnny White (early/mid 5th round)

8. Taiwan Jones (mid 5th round)

9. Noel Devine (late 5th round/early 6th round)

10. Armando Allen (late 6th round/early 7th round)

Rounds 2, 3, and 4 is where the best value is always going to be with the running back position... I look for a run on running backs to start in the late 2nd round and continue on through the 4th round...

Interesting. 10 year average for running backs drafted is about 22, which includes fullbacks. You feel that good about 30 tailbacks that you'd draft them?

You guys are overvaluing RB position.

Hardly, maybe you need a better understanding of how talented Mark Ingram is.

Last year there were 3 RB's in the top 30 picks (2 in the top 12), and 7 in the top 59. For the most part people are mocking Mark Ingram in the first round and Mikel Leshoure as a 2nd rounder. The rest of the backs can go from the mid to late 2nd round and beyond. I don't understand how anyone is overvaluing the position. Truth is Ingram IMO is a better back than both Spiller and Matthews, guys that went early first last year. This draft doesn't have great depth with top tier offensive playmakers . . . you have Jones and Green and some QB's, along with Mark Ingram . . . Ingram is more than fitting in the middle of the first round.

i think slimms got some too high values on a lot of those rbs...but to each his own

If Ingram is truly as great as some are saying, then why isn't he being mocked to the Rams. Anybody with eyes can see that Steven Jackson is running on borrowed time. Jackson is like a bald tire. It might have been a high strength racing tire, but it is getting close to blowing out.

If Ingram is all that, then the Rams should be all over him.

Why is everyone mocking WR to the Rams?? Everyone knew they were going to bring back Clayton and Amendola. Everyone should have remembered Avery was coming off IR still under contract. Everybody should have realized that Danario Alexander is a super talent that is going to need some time, but the Rams aren't going to dump him. Well, maybe, if he blows out another knee.

Ya, if Julio slides, it will be hard for even the Texans to pass him up, but it doesn't look like Julio will even make it past Cleveland.

I don't, however think the Rams are that stupid, and I'm really offended that so many people think the Dolphins are that stupid. Sorry, but drafting a little RB who runs in the 4.6's with the 15th pick is just straight stupid! This isn't Kansas Dorothy! You can't be that small and slow in the NFL and be a feature back.

I'm one of the unbelievers. I think there is a distinct possibility no RB's are drafted in the 1st round.

Let the Pats have him with the 33rd. Wake and Dansby will run him down like he is standing still.

if you can't see how much the rams need a real #1 wr for bradford to grow old with or that steven jackson still has a lot left in the tank...

well... :lol:

Interesting. 10 year average for running backs drafted is about 22, which includes fullbacks. You feel that good about 30 tailbacks that you'd draft them?

Backs like Armando Allen, Shaun Droughn, Evan Royster, Robert Hughes, Johnny White, Noel Devine, Darren Evans, and Vai Taua could very well go undrafted... and it wouldn't surprise me if they do...

Which puts it right at 22 draftable backs on the nose...

Stanley Havili, Anthony Sherman, and Henry Hynoski are the only draftable fullbacks on my board, not counting Charles Clay who could play a few different positions..

Back
Top Bottom