are there any 1st round rbs... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are there any 1st round rbs...

Every year there is a sure fire 1st round RB that has been a bust, the same can be said for the QB spot. It's a bloody lottery. RB's & QB's cannot play behind a crap O line, cant play with crap coaching & cant play with crap co-ordinators. And lets be truthful here, our O line, coaching & coordinators have been crap.

Of all the RB players available in this years draft, most fans, experts & scouts agree that Ingram is by far the best player & most ready to start in the NFL. If he is there, then you grab him in a flash.

And KDawg, if any of those players that you mentioned are there at 15, only Newton, Jones or Green would by my pick.

Every year there is a sure fire 1st round RB that has been a bust, the same can be said for the QB spot. It's a bloody lottery. RB's & QB's cannot play behind a crap O line, cant play with crap coaching & cant play with crap co-ordinators. And lets be truthful here, our O line, coaching & coordinators have been crap.

Of all the RB players available in this years draft, most fans, experts & scouts agree that Ingram is by far the best player & most ready to start in the NFL. If he is there, then you grab him in a flash.

And KDawg, if any of those players that you mentioned are there at 15, only Newton, Jones or Green would by my pick.
Our team specifically would not know what you mean by first round QB's that turn out to be busts. This fact remains because we have not taken one, in round one since 1983. I believe it's time to break that mold. We spent a second pick over all on Brown who made the pro bowl once in five years because of the wildcat (it surely wasn't his running ability that sent him there). After this i am feeling a little burnt on first round running backs, especially since it's one of the most stacked positions in this draft. I love Ingrams mentality/speed to the hole/toughness and overall demeanor. I honestly think, though, that a QB is in our best interest. And, although i am not the biggest fan of Chris Shashaty, i agree with this recent article.........
http://www.phins.com/chris/column_030911.html

Our team specifically would not know what you mean by first round QB's that turn out to be busts. This fact remains because we have not taken one, in round one since 1983. I believe it's time to break that mold. We spent a second pick over all on Brown who made the pro bowl once in five years because of the wildcat (it surely wasn't his running ability that sent him there). After this i am feeling a little burnt on first round running backs, especially since it's one of the most stacked positions in this draft. I love Ingrams mentality/speed to the hole/toughness and overall demeanor. I honestly think, though, that a QB is in our best interest. And, although i am not the biggest fan of Chris Shashaty, i agree with this recent article.........
http://www.phins.com/chris/column_030911.html

there's a huge difference between taking Ronnie Brown at #2 and taking Mark Ingram at #15. i guess it's not en vogue to pick RB's that high anymore, but comparing the prospects, Ingram beats out Ronnie Brown in just about every regard associated with the RB position.

there's a huge difference between taking Ronnie Brown at #2 and taking Mark Ingram at #15. i guess it's not en vogue to pick RB's that high anymore, but comparing the prospects, Ingram beats out Ronnie Brown in just about every regard associated with the RB position.

Other than 40 time and over all size you mean? Ronnie is bigger and ran a better 40 out of College so Ingram is def not better in every regard. Size and speed seem like they might be important to me. That said I like Ingram a lot, but ppl need to chill out with these prospects, they are just that PROSPECTS. They have done yet, so relax because how someone looks now means little towards what they will ultimately turn into as a pro.

I like Ingram tho and wouldn't be even a little disappointed with him at #15.

I love Ryan Mallet and like Ponder but I'm not going to say they are better than Phillip Rivers in almost every regard when it comes to being a qb

Other than 40 time and over all size you mean? Ronnie is bigger and ran a better 40 out of College so Ingram is def not better in every regard. Size and speed seem like they might be important to me. That said I like Ingram a lot, but ppl need to chill out with these prospects, they are just that PROSPECTS. They have done yet, so relax because how someone looks now means little towards what they will ultimately turn into as a pro.

you're right, Brown had better triangle numbers. at least a few.

and i clearly said Ingram is the better prospect than Brown was, not pro.

you're right, Brown had better triangle numbers. at least a few.

and i clearly said Ingram is the better prospect than Brown was, not pro.

Not a personal attack just sick of ppl saying oh "player X is so much better than player Y" when truthfully no1 has any idea, and when you say Ingram is better in almost every aspect I was just looking for examples because he's smaller and slower. I'm just looking for u to lay some knowledge on me brother.

And Ingram is most certainly not a better prospect you are just saying that because of what you know now. Ronnie was the second overall pick and the first RB taken in what was considered a better class of RBs than this year is. Where as this year no1 has Ingram the best RB available going anywhere near the top 10.

I like Ingram a lot and wouldn't be at all disappointed with him at 15, just trying to keep ppl grounded

Not a personal attack just sick of ppl saying oh "player X is so much better than player Y" when truthfully no1 has any idea, and when you say Ingram is better in almost every aspect I was just looking for examples because he's smaller and slower.

And Ingram is most certainly not a better prospect you are just saying that because of what you know now. Ronnie was the second overall pick and the first RB taken in what was considered a better class of RBs than this year is.

there's more to playing RB than size and speed. Ingram has supreme vision, balance, awareness, decisiveness, elusiveness etc. all that leads me to believe that Ingram is the better prospect. Brown didn't possess those qualities as much as Ingram does. you could argue Brown doesn't have much of those traits right now.

as for Brown being the 2nd overall pick, in today's NFL, i don't think anyone would spend such a high pick on a runner anymore. it's a passing league now. that may change down the road, but right now QB's, OT's, pass rushers (DE, DT or OLB) or CB's are in high demand.

this isn't meant as an anti- Ronnie Brown post. i like him. but he's not the prospect Mark Ingram is. and that's not based on what i know now, that's based on what Ronnie Brown offered at Auburn.

there's more to playing RB than size and speed. Ingram has supreme vision, balance, awareness, decisiveness, elusiveness etc. all that leads me to believe that Ingram is the better prospect. Brown didn't possess those qualities as much as Ingram does. you could argue Brown doesn't have much of those traits right now.

as for Brown being the 2nd overall pick, in today's NFL, i don't think anyone would spend such a high pick on a runner anymore. it's a passing league now. that may change down the road, but right now QB's, OT's, pass rushers (DE, DT or OLB) or CB's are in high demand.

this isn't meant as an anti- Ronnie Brown post. i like him. but he's not the prospect Mark Ingram is. and that's not based on what i know now, that's based on what Ronnie Brown offered at Auburn.

^^ see now this I like.

I still disagree with Ingram being a better prospect Than Ronnie Brown was but still see your point. Ronnie IMHO was the better prospect as a pure rusher, but Ingram does seem like a better all around back. So it's all a matter of team need/taste. No question at this point I'd rather have Ingram.

If we can't get a qb at #15 I hope we end up with Ingram and I fully hope he ends up being a better pro than Ronnie.(hell his bones don't appear to be made of glass so thats a +1 as far as I'm concerned)

^^ see now this I like.

I still disagree with Ingram being the better prospect but still see your point. If we can't get a qb at #15 I hope we end up with Ingram and I fully hope he ends up being a better pro than Ronnie.(hell his bones don't appear to be made of glass so thats a +1 as far as I'm concerned)

i'm all for getting the QB spot ironed out this year, but Ingram wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

i wouldn't mind Ponder i think he turns out to be a good pro and beats out henne. cant get mad at that with the 15th pick

i wouldn't mind Ponder i think he turns out to be a good pro and beats out henne. cant get mad at that with the 15th pick

i'm not saying Ponder is a bad player, but Kyle Orton would beat out Chad Henne for the starting spot, and Orton would be terrible value in a trade for pick #15. so, if your standard for #15 is beating out Chad Henne, that's not exactly shooting for the stars.

Ronnie has been a BUST...plain and simple...
Ingram WILL be three times the pro Ronnie has been.
Ronnie is the classic example of a combine warrior.
Track speed and football speed are two different things.
The vision for a RB is the key....Ronnie has NONE.

Ronnie was a great prospect, in the sense that he was 6' 230 lbs, could run a 4.4, and looked smooth as hell catching the ball and he could hold up in pass pro. One of the GREAT RB prospects this decade. However Ronnie never, IMO, had the RB feel that a guy that Ingram had. Ingram is just so smooth carrying the rock, he finds and bursts through the holes that we see Ronnie dance outside of. Mark Ingram's instincts are far and above the instincts of Ronnie Brown. He has all of the versatility that Brown had, the film to back it up, a Heisman trophy in his case, a national championship ring on his finger, he was the "starting" RB on his team and he has the vision to match. People are so hell bent on letting .15 seconds in a 40 leave them sour on Ingram.

Whether or not you think that first round RB's aren't good value . . . there are 3 things you need to understand: 1. Miami is a team that WANTS to run the football and currently under contract is Lex Hilliard and Kory Sheets at RB, so they need a RB. 2. Mark Ingram is by FAR the BEST RB in this class, and its not close. People keep wanting to put Ryan Williams, Mikel Leshoure and Kendall Hunter into the same vicinity as Ingram, please stop. Ingram is the best, if you want the best, draft Mark Ingram. 3. QB's, OT's, LB's, etc. can all be had later . . . what is this myth that RB is a position that can be had later . . . the same can be said about every position in football. The best defensive player in the league (James Harrison) went undrafted and the best offensive player (Tom Brady) went in the 6th round. The 2 best RB's in football went in round 1 (Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson) . . . I mean for every argument against drafting a RB in round 1 . . . there can be an argument for taking a RB like Ingram in round 1. The Dolphins need an offensive playmaker, Mark Ingram will more than likely be the Best available offensive playmaker at 15 . . . you can let all of this Legarret Blount and Arian Foster talk get you to the point where you think you can get that guy in this draft, but you would pass up the BEST guy in the process. Miami needs to start drafting the BEST guy and stop flipping over rocks for the "value" guy.

If Mark Ingram is sitting there at 15 and we pass, hey that is the Dolphins choice . . . but to completely disregard him at 15 because A. He is a RB and B. Because he isn't explosive because he ran a 4.55/4.60 is absolutely absurd. This is pick 15 we are talking, not pick 2 or even top 10. Miami knows they need weapons on offense, this guy is a top weapon at 15, for him to not even be considered is foolish on everybody who is disregarding him.

We probably need to convince everybody that we are not interested in him, or New England will likely trade-up to fourteen or thirteen in order to get him before us.

Back
Top Bottom