are there any 1st round rbs... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are there any 1st round rbs...

If Ingram is truly as great as some are saying, then why isn't he being mocked to the Rams. Anybody with eyes can see that Steven Jackson is running on borrowed time. Jackson is like a bald tire. It might have been a high strength racing tire, but it is getting close to blowing out.

If Ingram is all that, then the Rams should be all over him.

Why is everyone mocking WR to the Rams?? Everyone knew they were going to bring back Clayton and Amendola. Everyone should have remembered Avery was coming off IR still under contract. Everybody should have realized that Danario Alexander is a super talent that is going to need some time, but the Rams aren't going to dump him. Well, maybe, if he blows out another knee.

Ya, if Julio slides, it will be hard for even the Texans to pass him up, but it doesn't look like Julio will even make it past Cleveland.

I don't, however think the Rams are that stupid, and I'm really offended that so many people think the Dolphins are that stupid. Sorry, but drafting a little RB who runs in the 4.6's with the 15th pick is just straight stupid! This isn't Kansas Dorothy! You can't be that small and slow in the NFL and be a feature back.

I'm one of the unbelievers. I think there is a distinct possibility no RB's are drafted in the 1st round.

Let the Pats have him with the 33rd. Wake and Dansby will run him down like he is standing still.

If Colin Kaepernick is going to be better than John Elway why isn't he being "mocked" as the #1 overall pick.... if he's all that Carolina should be all over him..

Cameron Wake and Karlos Dansby couldn't run 4.6 downwind on pavement....

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I checked in the past 10 years, there has only been 3 RB's worthy of their 1st round pick status.

Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson.

Look at how many mid to top level NFL RB's have been drafted in the late rounds, or even NOT drafted at all!

Sure Ingram might be a beast, but I would rather get the 2nd rounder back and take Williams or Leshoure. Hopefully we can trade back and still get Ingram.

Then again huge amount of people that think we should not even consider a RB in the first round.

The list of 1st Round RB busts stretches down the block and around the corner.

Look at my mock, easy $$

Last I checked in the past 10 years, there has only been 2 RB's worthy of their 1st round pick status.

Look at how many mid to top level NFL RB's have been drafted in the late rounds, or even NOT drafted at all!

Sure Ingram might be a beast, but I would rather get the 2nd rounder back and take Williams or Leshoure. Hopefully we can trade back and still get Ingram.

Then again huge amount of people that think we should not even consider a RB in the first round.

Look at my mock, easy $$

I'm sure many people wouldn't mind trading down at 15 either if it means we can regain a 2nd rounder. I hate predicting trade downs because they are impossible to predict and depend entirely on another team willing to agree to it. Miami needs to grab the BPA for once instead of drafting strictly on need.

The things I "don't" like about your mock is, you are giving us a LT, who A. isn't better than our LT, B. isn't the best RT/OG on the board. I am not nearly as high on Leshoure as alot of people and Williams I like, but man is that guy forever hurt. Plus Leshoure may not make it to our newly acquired 2nd round pick, which I'm assuming is going to be a late 2nd rounder. Also I am not high on Kyle Orton at all.

I rather you give us Mallet/Locker in round 1 . . . the RB in round 2 and a guy like Orlando Franklin in round 3. Wait until next year to get our ILB as that class is loaded, get a TE with the 4th pick and the speed WR/returner in round 5. Of course mocks are subjective and everybody has their opinion, nobody is wrong or right.

As far as the 1st round RB stat is concerned, I believe somebody already had a thread showing where like 20 of the 32 RB's in the league were top 3 round RB's . . . with the top 2 that people would take (AP and Chris Johnson) being first rounders.

If we can't trade down and Green, Jones, Locker, Mallet, Newton, Gabbert are all off the board, who do you take with the 15th pick?

Last I checked in the past 10 years, there has only been 3 RB's worthy of their 1st round pick status.

The list of 1st Round RB busts stretches down the block and around the corner.

Look at my mock, easy $$

Going back to the year 2000, I'd have to say that Jamal Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Ladanian Tomlinson, Steven Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall, etc. were all worth their 1st round selection in the draft...

What's the standard for being worth a 1st round pick at running back? You have to make it to the Hall of Fame? You can't hold the RB position to that standard without holding all the other positions to it...

Guys like Deuce McAllister, Willis McGahee, DeAngelo Williams, Larry Johnson, etc.. were all exceptional NFL running backs..

All this talk of snubbing your nose up at a running back in the middle of the 1st round if he doesn't run 4.3 on a stopwatch, or isn't 6'2" is flat out nonsense..

The draft is about EVALUATING TALENT, not evaluating percentages...

Half a dozen running backs managing to stick, or experiencing some success in the NFL out of a pool of 200 or so RB's the were late round picks or undrafted isn't exactly making a case against taking a running back in the 1st round....

Drafting one at #2 overall and drafting one at #15 overall is a completely different can o' worms...

If Mark Ingram isn't one of the 15 best players in this draft then everyone picking in the top 15 might as well let the time run out while they're on the clock...

my thoughts. first you build a wall and second plug in a back to run behind it.

I'm sure many people wouldn't mind trading down at 15 either if it means we can regain a 2nd rounder. I hate predicting trade downs because they are impossible to predict and depend entirely on another team willing to agree to it. Miami needs to grab the BPA for once instead of drafting strictly on need.

The things I "don't" like about your mock is, you are giving us a LT, who A. isn't better than our LT, B. isn't the best RT/OG on the board. I am not nearly as high on Leshoure as alot of people and Williams I like, but man is that guy forever hurt. Plus Leshoure may not make it to our newly acquired 2nd round pick, which I'm assuming is going to be a late 2nd rounder. Also I am not high on Kyle Orton at all.

I rather you give us Mallet/Locker in round 1 . . . the RB in round 2 and a guy like Orlando Franklin in round 3. Wait until next year to get our ILB as that class is loaded, get a TE with the 4th pick and the speed WR/returner in round 5. Of course mocks are subjective and everybody has their opinion, nobody is wrong or right.

As far as the 1st round RB stat is concerned, I believe somebody already had a thread showing where like 20 of the 32 RB's in the league were top 3 round RB's . . . with the top 2 that people would take (AP and Chris Johnson) being first rounders.

If we can't trade down and Green, Jones, Locker, Mallet, Newton, Gabbert are all off the board, who do you take with the 15th pick?

All great points fellas, just trying to state that placing a 1st round pick on a RB that NFL average life span is 4 years is a huge gamble. Along with the list of NFL 1st round pick RB's that have either failed at the NFL level or have become gimick or backup RB's is fairly long.

Now, obviously if all the players mentioned are gone and we are unable to trade down at 15 I would def. be for taking Ingram. Just a big gamble when so many NFL RB's taken in later round have been able to produce.

Arizona: Beanie Wells (2009) Can't even stay healthy
Atlanta: TJ Duckett (2002)
Buffalo: Willis McGahee (2003) Solid NFL RB but worth a first rounder?
Marshawn Lynch (2007) No comment needed
CJ Spiller (2010) Jury still out
Carolina: Johnathan Stewart (2008) Jury is still out
Chicago: Cedric Benson (2005) Great player for Bengals now but basically a waste for the Bears.
Cincinnati: Chris Perry (2004) Who?
Cleveland: William Green (2002) Who?
Dallas: Felix Jones (2008) Decent flex back
Denver: Knowshon Moreno (2009) Cant stay healthy
Detroit: Kevin Jones (2004) No comment needed
Indianapolis: Donald Brown (2009) Jury still out
Miami: Ronnie Brown (2005) *Sigh*
New England: Laurence Maroney (2006) Bust
NO: Reggie Bush (2006) Gimick RB
Tampa Bay: Cadillac Williams (2005) Fell of face of the planet.

If Colin Kaepernick is going to be better than John Elway why isn't he being "mocked" as the #1 overall pick.... if he's all that Carolina should be all over him..

Cameron Wake and Karlos Dansby couldn't run 4.6 downwind on pavement....
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58545&draftyear=2004&genpos=OLB

Wrong about Dansby and Wake, especially Dansby. Dansby is former WR who has great speed and is one of the faster LB's in the NFL.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58545&draftyear=2004&genpos=OLB

Wake also ran a 4.55 forty at his pro day.

http://www.thephins.com/2009/01/19/dolphins-sign-cameron-wake/

And yes, Kaepernick will be a better NFL QB than Elway and yes, the Panthers should draft him.

And yes, Ingram will be mostly ineffective in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not draft anyone for the fear of NE drafting them, that's the dumbest move of them all. Draft Ingram because of his merits to this team! NE will always be beatable as long as they continue to put out a average defense.

my thoughts. first you build a wall and second plug in a back to run behind it.

Great philosophy if it was the 1970s
today the Nfl is a passing league due to league rules and talent

QB first
offensive line
wide receivers and tight ends
running backs...in that order

And yes, Kaepernick will be a better NFL QB than Elway and yes, the Panthers should draft him.

And yes, Ingram will be mostly ineffective in the NFL.

:jawdrop:

You really should stop saying that if you want anyone to have any respect for what you are saying. Elway was a top 5-10 QB in NFL HISTORY. Comparing him to a yet to be drafted college QB with some huge flaws to overcome is bat **** crazy. Throwing Ingram in as being mostly ineffective, while not quite the same reach, isn't helping your cause.

:jawdrop:

You really should stop saying that if you want anyone to have any respect for what you are saying. Elway was a top 5-10 QB in NFL HISTORY. Comparing him to a yet to be drafted college QB with some huge flaws to overcome is bat **** crazy. Throwing Ingram in as being mostly ineffective, while not quite the same reach, isn't helping your cause.

I'll keep exposing Elway as the most overrated QB in NFL history until the day I die.

I lived in Denver back in the eighties and suffered a lot of pain because of him.

His career QB rating was in the 70's and his career completion percentage was in the mid 50's.

He had 3 maybe 4 good years. I lean toward 3. The rest of his long career he stunk!

Elway in the top 100 NFL players was a travesty.

He has no business whatsoever in the HOF.

As far as Kaepernick goes, I'm a believer in his huge upside, and I'll not retract any of my predictions.

Let's not draft anyone for the fear of NE drafting them, that's the dumbest move of them all. Draft Ingram because of his merits to this team! NE will always be beatable as long as they continue to put out a average defense.

that always beatable team just finished a 14-2 regular season...

I think we need to address the most important position in professional football first and foremost..............you know, like a Quarterback seeing as we don't have one worth a damn at this point. I'm not opposed to Ingram but you guys are heavily on his jock. As far as a team making a championship- Quarterback>Running back.
As far as him going somewhere else and "running all over our defensive front" for year, i have a difficult time believing any back is going to do that to our defensive front.

Isn't this widely believed to be the reason we drafted "crazy legs" Patrick White? Yeh we know how that worked out.

i'm heavily on ingrams jock cause he's gonna be a bad ***...top 5 bpa and imo he's gonna be the best pro player to come out of bama in this draft when its all said and done

Back
Top Bottom