are there any 1st round rbs... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are there any 1st round rbs...

Kdawg it's fun having these discussions and reading your viewpoint. I'm not sure what RB you were watching last season but Arian Foster was the concensus top RB in the league, and he happened to go undrafted out of Tennessee. This only illustrates your point that you can bend the argument in any direction you see fit and arguments can be made in all 32 flavors.
I do like your mock by the way, trading back and taking Ponder late would be intriguing to say the least, not to mention adding Yates in the 7th (not sure he goes that far but i like it). I like your RB idea and TE idea but not so sure about Smith as a WR (maybe Hankersen instead?). But the Ponder and Yates would make not getting Mallet tolerable for me. Nice Mock

Kdawg it's fun having these discussions and reading your viewpoint. I'm not sure what RB you were watching last season but Arian Foster was the concensus top RB in the league, and he happened to go undrafted out of Tennessee. This only illustrates your point that you can bend the argument in any direction you see fit and arguments can be made in all 32 flavors.
I do like your mock by the way, trading back and taking Ponder late would be intriguing to say the least, not to mention adding Yates in the 7th (not sure he goes that far but i like it). I like your RB idea and TE idea but not so sure about Smith as a WR (maybe Hankersen instead?). But the Ponder and Yates would make not getting Mallet tolerable for me. Nice Mock

He also ran in a system that made big names out of Tatum Bell, Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Leonard Russell, Reuben Droughns and Clinton Portis. Portis was the only high round pick, and ironically he has had the most success outside of that system.

That system also produced many 5.0 yards per carry backup rushers . . . including Ron Dayne, who was a 3 yard per carry average guy his entire career, skyrocketed to 5.1 with Kubiak in Denver, and continued his 4 yard + average with Kubiak in Houston.

Foster had a great year, but all I'm saying is, that system that Kubiak runs is like fool's gold for teams thinking that they can have similar success with lower drafted / undrafted guys. I don't think he was the best RB last season, he had the best statistical season, but he isn't the best RB. Being the best RB means you would take him over AP, Chris Johnson, MJD, Gore, etc. as the guy you want running the ball for you on your team. Foster isn't in my top 15, but I'm sure in fantasy leagues he will go in the top 5.

Thanks for the comments on the mock, not much else going on with no Free Agency and the draft more than a month away. I enjoy the discussion as well, there is no hard feelings just view points and ideas to improve this team.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58545&draftyear=2004&genpos=OLB

Wrong about Dansby and Wake, especially Dansby. Dansby is former WR who has great speed and is one of the faster LB's in the NFL.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58545&draftyear=2004&genpos=OLB

Wake also ran a 4.55 forty at his pro day.

http://www.thephins.com/2009/01/19/dolphins-sign-cameron-wake/

And yes, Kaepernick will be a better NFL QB than Elway and yes, the Panthers should draft him.

And yes, Ingram will be mostlyneffective in the NFL.

Dude you need to come back to reality. Just like Brian Johnston is a solid find for us? Or how we have the Kentucky ILB on our practice squad who will be our defense back to glory? You just said Stephen Jackson is getting washed up and Amendola and Clayton are legit WRs. Then you proceed to saying Kaepernick will be a better NFL QB than Elway and Mark Ingram is slow and small as well as ineffective.

How does that not sound like its coming from a circus?

Dude you need to come back to reality. Just like Brian Johnston is a solid find for us? Or how we have the Kentucky ILB on our practice squad who will be our defense back to glory? You just said Stephen Jackson is getting washed up and Amendola and Clayton are legit WRs. Then you proceed to saying Kaepernick will be a better NFL QB than Elway and Mark Ingram is slow and small as well as ineffective.

Don't forget about neglecting the TE position again this year because Mickey Shuler is the next beastly TE in the league. Haven't you seen his measureable coming out of college? http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=78206&draftyear=2010&genpos=TE

:lol:

This dude cracks me up with some of the stuff he says.

He also ran in a system that made big names out of Tatum Bell, Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Leonard Russell, Reuben Droughns and Clinton Portis. Portis was the only high round pick, and ironically he has had the most success outside of that system.

That system also produced many 5.0 yards per carry backup rushers . . . including Ron Dayne, who was a 3 yard per carry average guy his entire career, skyrocketed to 5.1 with Kubiak in Denver, and continued his 4 yard + average with Kubiak in Houston.

Foster had a great year, but all I'm saying is, that system that Kubiak runs is like fool's gold for teams thinking that they can have similar success with lower drafted / undrafted guys
. I don't think he was the best RB last season, he had the best statistical season, but he isn't the best RB. Being the best RB means you would take him over AP, Chris Johnson, MJD, Gore, etc. as the guy you want running the ball for you on your team. Foster isn't in my top 15, but I'm sure in fantasy leagues he will go in the top 5.

Thanks for the comments on the mock, not much else going on with no Free Agency and the draft more than a month away. I enjoy the discussion as well, there is no hard feelings just view points and ideas to improve this team.

that is bang on...arian foster isn't special by any means...that system of kubiaks makes a huge difference

Brian Johnston would have been a good fit for any 3-4 team if he hadn't been an addict. Similar case to Matt Jones. Just goes to show you that sometimes, even the greatest of rewards, just isn't enough to cure somebody. God Bless that guy.

Kentucky ILB??? Micah Johnson???? I hated that acquisition, if that is the player you are referring to.

Stephen Jackson has serious back problems. He played through enormous amounts of pain last year. If they recur, he may not be able to keep playing as the years and the hits take their toll. More power to him, I hope I am wrong. I had him in fantasy the last two years and for the most part he has done me proud. However, there is no chance that I will draft him next year. He is already in obvious decline and the Rams will draft a RB before the 5th round this year.

Mark Clayton is a solid WR and was leading the Rams until his injury. Does anyone else doubt this???

Amendola had 85 receptions last year and contributed in the return game. It was his sophomore season. This kind of production is generally thought of as outstanding for 2nd year WR's. The Rams also tendered Laurent Robinson.

As far as Kap and Ingram, Ya, Kap will be great and Ingram won't. Sorry if you find that too radical. Just have to wait and see.

Don't forget about neglecting the TE position again this year because Mickey Shuler is the next beastly TE in the league. Haven't you seen his measureable coming out of college? http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=78206&draftyear=2010&genpos=TE

:lol:

This dude cracks me up with some of the stuff he says.

I never said anything close to Schuler being a beast or becoming a beast. I said I wouldn't be in a hurry to give up on him. I also did tout his workout numbers because people were clamoring for an athletic TE. Schuler is very athletic, you can't take that away from him. He was carried on the roster for a reason. He may pan out, he may not, but the point was; there were several TE posts saying we needed an athletic TE, and we had one right under our noses. Personally, I think Fasano is underrated on this site, and I doubt he will easily be beat out as starter.

Again, another post making crap up out of thin air. The last mock I posted drafted two TE's. Never, have I suggested ignoring the TE position in this years draft.

Didn't I just see a post saying that Hunter's stock was falling?

Anyway, he's the guy I have behind Ingram. I think he has the best combination of feet, balance, and vision after Ingram.

I never said anything close to Schuler being a beast or becoming a beast. I said I wouldn't be in a hurry to give up on him. I also did tout his workout numbers because people were clamoring for an athletic TE. Schuler is very athletic, you can't take that away from him. He was carried on the roster for a reason. He may pan out, he may not, but the point was; there were several TE posts saying we needed an athletic TE, and we had one right under our noses. Personally, I think Fasano is underrated on this site, and I doubt he will easily be beat out as starter.

Again, another post making crap up out of thin air. The last mock I posted drafted two TE's. Never, have I suggested ignoring the TE position in this years draft.

You mean the same mock/offseason that had like 8 trades and gave us a QB unit of Mark Bulger, Colin Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor and Drew Stanton?

i'm not sure hunter can rull the ball between the tackles in the pros...he's a 3rd down back to me...3rd round for me

Back
Top Bottom