Are you exited with the draft coming up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you exited with the draft coming up?

yoge

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm not. After what happened in free agency its hard to get pumped up for the draft or the season. And its stupid as hell if we blow our 1st pick on the rb Elliot when we had a beast rb already but let him walk.

Draft hasn't been exciting for a long long time and the league knows it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have little faith in it being a good draft, but its such a long offseason... cant wait for it

Nope.. but I left the back door open just in case. lol

Yoge... not to pick on you for a widely held belief here... but...

When I look at Lamar Miller, I see what I think Dan Campbell and others in the Dolphins front office see. A guy capable of hitting the home run at any time.... but one who contributes to his own lack carries with far too many short or no gains - if not losses. In order to get to that magical 20+ carries (that everyone assumes never happened because everyone associated with the Dolphins has been a moron for four years)... sometimes you have to get the tough 3, 4, 5 yard carries... and you definitely have to be able to convert 3rd and shorts. Its a game of first downs... and if you aren't getting first downs consistently, it gonna be hard to get anyone carries. Lamar just didn't do that on a consistent basis. Now maybe that's all O-Line, or coaching and Lamar will consistently get 20+ carries per game with the Texans, puppies will play in the press box, flowers will sprout along the sidelines, and unicorns will prance the fields at halftime. We'll see.

As for me... I'll gladly trade a couple of spectacular 60+ yard runs sporadically across a season, for a guy who'll consistently get me that one yard when I have to have it.

I'm always excited for the draft. It's the aftermath that's a downer a lot of the time.

I'm always excited. I don't like that so many people are always so quick to say that this year's 4th and 5th round picks that have never played in the NFL should be anointed roster spots over players taken in the 3rd and 4th round the previous two seasons and who know have two years of experience. It seems like players are like new cars, they depreciate in value to moment you get them. "I would trade two first round picks for Carson Wentz." But come next year's draft if you say should we trade our 2017 first round pick alone to xxxx team for Carson Wentz heading into his second year everyone screams he's not worth trading a high first round pick for.

You guys hate the preseason, hate the regular season, hate the off-season, hate predraft, now it's on to hating the draft.

Following the wrong sport perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone 6

Not incredibly excited but if someone drops to us like last year (Parker) then I'm sure I can be brought on board again.

Last year was really exciting for me though. Parker dropping to our spot made my whole day. He was the player I coveted the most that would be within our reach. Not sure who that player is this year (maybe Jack if he falls but I'm not as hopeful as I was for Parker) although I will probably watch the first and second round

You guys hate the preseason, hate the regular season, hate the off-season, hate predraft, now it's on to hating the draft.

Following the wrong sport perhaps?

Ì
Sent from my iPhone 6

No just following a bad team with the wrong people in charge

Care to elaborate on that. It seems it has never gotten more attention and viewers. smh

Well the league has just recently reworked it to spread the draft out over multiple days during primetime hours and they moved it from NY to Chicago. They are also asking the broadcast teams to wait on the league announcements to increase suspense. They had to try and create a buzz because it had lost its buzz. Maybe its working for them but not so much for me.

Back
Top Bottom