Are you exited with the draft coming up? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you exited with the draft coming up?

Then if you hate them so bad, find another team to follow. Man....Andyahs has it dead right! Ya think you'd have a much better time following the Texans, wouldn't you?

Nah, bro. It's just frustrating to see the owner of the Dolphins make such idiotic moves. Can't believe Tbomb is running the show.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

To me, the draft would be exciting if we were only a few pieces away from being a legit team. But we're not. We are ranked 3rd worst team in the NFL, only better than the Browns and Titans.

The draft is one of my top two or three sports events of the year. I am excited. I love it. I can't get enough of it.

I'm not. After what happened in free agency its hard to get pumped up for the draft or the season. And its stupid as hell if we blow our 1st pick on the rb Elliot when we had a beast rb already but let him walk.

Are you serious ? that's Miami's superbowl! !

I like the draft a lot. If you follow a team you are interested in who will be playing for it, right? They may not make it to the Super Bowl, but if it is your team you follow it and root for success. Watching players develop is interesting, watching our new head coach develop is interesting, watching to see if Grier or Tannenbaum make some good moves for the Fins is interesting (and sometimes a little depressing). I'm not an overly optimistic guy, but I do pull for my team and when they stink, I don't spend as much time thinking about them, but even when they win a nice game, like the last game with NE, it provides a fond memory. In that case because it ultimately dicked the Patriots out of a Super Bowl appearance. Loved the excitement of the Texas and Tennessee wins. Lots to like and be interested in. I enjoy the comments from the veteran posters that I believe have the most FB knowledge when we draft someone and they give their perspectives. For some reason, I especially like the Saturday and Sunday night signings of UDFA's. Seems like one or two always make the team and fulfill a dream of theirs. Really, the only think I don't like or enjoy is losing. But like everything in life, there's no sense dwelling on the negative things. It really is a matter of choice. I choose to be interested! If you don't, so be it, to each their own.

Oh, and one last thing. I live across the river from Bismarck, ND the home of Carson Wentz. There is a party at the Community Bowl Thursday night during the draft to celebrate where ever he goes. You can watch it on ESPN on Thursday night. My son played against him in high school. Carson is a great kid and very deserving of good things. I think I'll attend and watch a native son getting drafted in the top two. That's exciting to me too!

I didn't like the trade down and Im not expecting much this season but I still check in on the Phins every day and when they are back on top we can do a jumping group high 5! We got Parker at 14 right? ODB went 13. we can still find an exciting player at that spot. And we have a really high 2nd and 3rd so yeah looking forward to the draft. Come on you party poopers

I'm excited because I enjoy the draft. But the Dolphins have already pre-emptively ****ed up and I have zero faith in the FO so it's going to be an unpleasant experience.

The Draft is my absolute favorite time of the year. I'm filled with optimism every year - lol. Who knows, maybe we get some good players this year. Even if I don't particularly like some of the picks, invariably I rationalize it by saying the professional talent evaluators who are paid the big bucks must have seen something and maybe I'm wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000653507/article/bestever-picks-by-nfl-draft-spot-picks-1316

13. Tony Gonzalez

Team: Kansas City Chiefs
Year: 1997
College: California

Why we picked Gonzalez: Gonzalez overtook three Pro Football Hall of Famers to take the honors here. Gonzalez owns the NFL career records for a tight end for receptions (1,325), TD catches (111) and receiving yards (15,127). He also is tied with Peyton Manning, Bruce Matthews, and Merlin Olsen with the most all-time Pro Bowl selections, with 14. He also had the most 1,000-yard receiving seasons ever for a tight end with four.

Others considered: Kellen Winslow, Franco Harris, Bob Lilly

Last five No. 13 picks: Andrus Peat (2015, Saints), Aaron Donald (2014, Saints), Sheldon Richardson (2013, Jets), Michael Floyd (2012, Cardinals), Nick Fairley (2011, Lions)

Who owns No. 13 pick this year? Dolphins

I always look forward to the draft. It's usually on the week of my birthday (it is this year) and also the NASCAR Talladega race is next Sunday which provides an extra treat for myself.

I'm excited for one specific reason; I think this specific draft has three things in the Fins's favor:

1) There are NOT a lot of "sure things." I don't think that the Dolphins moved out of the "sure thing" range by moving from 8 to 13. I think they were already out of that range at 8.
2) This draft is deep at positions the Fins need, and shallow at positions they don't. That might make people reach.

In five years, I think we're going to look back at this draft, and there will be at LEAST 10 cb playing in the NFL out of this draft:
a) Ramsey
b) Hargreaves
c) Apple
d) Jackson III
e) Alexander
f) Fuller
g) Burns
h) Harlan Miller
i) James Bradberry
j) Kelvirae Russell

There is some solid depth there. I'd love the Fins to have two of those. (I admit to having a man-crush on Harlan Miller.)

3) I have this nagging thought deep in my head that if Myles Jack slips to 9, Tannenbaum might lose his #### completely and go after him. And that would be fun.

Im excited until they inevitably **** it up like always

Id love to get out of the first 2 days for once feeling like they got the right value and struck when the iron was hot when needed to

Closest thing i came to that was the 14 draft but they overdrafted jawaun james due to need by a half a round

Back
Top Bottom