Are you exited with the draft coming up? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you exited with the draft coming up?

The combine to the draft is my favorite time of the offseason. We suck or don't make the playoffs so might as well look to the future.

I'm not. After what happened in free agency its hard to get pumped up for the draft or the season. And its stupid as hell if we blow our 1st pick on the rb Elliot when we had a beast rb already but let him walk.

Then why are u here wasting our time with ur whine?!? Not excited, great go do something....

Ramsey, Jack, Tunsil, Hargraeves, Bosa, Elliot, Lawson, Stanley, Jackson, Apple, Conklin

One or more will be there at 13. So long as the pick comes from this list of players I will be pleased.

One caveat being another trade back which I would welcome.

Trading up is another matter. I think going all the way into the top 5 is too expensive. However, if a player we covet makes it to Cleveland or beyond. I am willing to offer up a 4th this year and a 3rd next year seeing as we get a 3rd back anyway.

This draft for me is analogous to the excitement of boarding a 747 for a Hawaiian vacation, only to realize that Stevie Wonder is the ****pit navigator. :idk:

Watch Miller become an elite rb for the Texans. The thing I dislike is, we had a good rb and let him walk. So instead of keeping him and using a draft pick to fill another hole we desperately need, we create a hole at rb and now we have to use a draft pick to fill the rb hole.

OR watch him be the same back he's been for 4 years... a guy who will hit an occasional home run - but at times does not contribute to his team sustaining drives, thus not allowing them to make sure he gets a consistent 20+ carries per game at which point magical things are supposed to happen. We will see.

BTW.... welcome to free agency.

I'm not excited, I'm in wait and see mode. Kind of a protection I guess from too much hypery, lol. This is Tannenbaum's first official draft, and Gases first year, and so on. So I'm waiting to see what will happen. Is this the year we become relevant again?

Also, to those who tell others to leave the Fins and go find another team, that's ridiculous. Once a fan has invested so much time , money, and especially emotion in a team, it gives them the right to say what they want. We all have moments of depression and elation. It's being a Fins fan, but we all want the same thing and that's to win. Once that starts happening, we're all united again.

One freaking playoff appearance in the last 15 years? You've been duped for 15 freaking years and still believe in the Dolphins? lol If the Dolphins had an owner like Mickey Arison and a Pat Riley type running the show, I wouldn't be bashing the Phins at all.
piss off

I'm not. After what happened in free agency its hard to get pumped up for the draft or the season. And its stupid as hell if we blow our 1st pick on the rb Elliot when we had a beast rb already but let him walk.

GIF-dafuq-incredulous-o-rly-oh-really-OMG-say-what-shocked-surprised-wtf-skeptical-you-dont-say-GIF.gif

nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif

tumblr_n32cxnoIFW1s70a3vo1_400.gif

You might not be excited, but I sure am with...

1. The new coaching staff, new start, and again the hope Miami might have hit gold with this staff.

2. Very possibly getting a solid starting Corner and quality starting M-LB if both play up to their level (even though it cost moving down 5 spots, one might be injury prone, and the other is severely overpaid).

3. Even though now in position #13, there will still be quite a few very good players, and odds on, will not be much less talented if at all on who they would have taken at #8.

4. The new excitement the players have been said to be showing for Gase. Hoping it's true, and not just players giving comments they believe the team expect them to make.

This is the truth. I don't understand why people hate hearing the truth?

Wow!!! So you already know the truth and what will happen, before the season starts, I hope you let the team know about this.

Yes, I am exited. I can't find a lot of reason to get pumped up for another 6-10 season, so I'm checking out early.

Then follow another team but constantly posting negative crap like some of you do makes this forum more depressing than the team.

I am excited every year for the Dolphins regardless.

No. The Dolphins should do better and hire a competent front office for the first time in a generation. Even the blindest homer (except Hayden) cant act like this team is in good shape.

Dude, I was pumped up for the season last year. All the experts were picking the Dolphins to make a deep run into the playoffs. John Gruden even picked us going to the super bowl lol. I love the draft its just we're going to be a bad team even if we draft well.
The reason the 'experts' were high on Miami is they had talent. I know that's controversial, but 'experts' had Miami has the #2 AFC-E team and a few had them as #1. All those experts can be that wrong. IMO, there were two problems. 1) They underestimated the Philbin cancer, 2) it took only 3 guys (early) to destroy the season (J Taylor, D Thomas, Turner). To date, I see this team as slightly less talented, but that's pre-draft. I don't like the word 'excited,' but I'm interested if Gase/'baum/Greir can the talent level equal or better than last year.

Back
Top Bottom