Armando - Fins love Barnett and Lamp | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - Fins love Barnett and Lamp

:up: It's just speculation on my part. I think they'll steer from LB in the early rounds given the apparent lack of snaps from an emphasis on the Nickel which will put that Slot CB, or S/LB hybrid on the field for at least 65% of the time (or even a full-time perimeter CB). One could argue the same amount of time will not be available to any other defensive spot at the moment, including DE, so there's added value for the extra nickel position in round one as well.

Oh I sure hope they're not looking at Jabril Peppers as a hybrid S/LB ... because I see him as a massive whiff. He's no LB, and he's not a playmaker as a FS, and he'd at best be our 3rd best SS, which is his natural position. Also, he doesn't score TD's as a special teamer, so he's a downgrade in my mind from Grant and Drake. He's right up there with Obi Melonfonwu and Tyus Bowser as far as overhyped bust potential.

Bowser is one of the better SAMs to be had in the draft. His tape measures up to his measureables. he can cover (TE & slot), can take on TEs in the running game.

I have him ranked right with Reddick....

I have been wanting a LB at the 22 spot (barring a trade down) but upon further reflection, a DB is probably what is needed most.

Trouble is, what DB is better than the LBs available at 22?

I kind of see that in a way too. It's either DL, or secondary, or guard to me. Players like Willis/Tak/Reddick/Mcdowell/ or Baker/Awuzie/Peppers/King, and then Lamp/Robinson potentially there as well.

Now Reuben foster failed a drug test so he may be there at 22

I felt that DB was a strong possibility just by the actions of the FO this off season but for all our sakes, DE should be the pick so we get someone fresh on that line who can come in and send Branch to the bench. This scheme is predicated on a strong (if not dominant) defensive line. Right now he is the weak link with Phillips coming in a close second. Phillips may improve but it's been 5 years for Branch and he's shown what he is.....JAG. I would even go so far as to say the first two picks should be DE and DT or visa versa.

If lamp is gonna be a 10yr pro bowl type guard for the same team then I definitely want him on the fins. I'm usually not a fan of drafting olinemen that high but if he's THAT good then I don't mind, put him next to Tunsil and that's a really young and solid left side for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom