Armando - Fins love Barnett and Lamp | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - Fins love Barnett and Lamp

Until we find pass rushers who can get in Brady's face over and over, we're never going to overtake the Patriots and win the AFC East.

It's becoming more and more irrelevant with NE and their quick passing. No DE's are getting there in 2 seconds. I would say guys that can cover are a better defense. That means LB's, nickel, safeties and CB's.

I'm starting to like Taco @ 22. Barnett would probably be better (don't watch tape), but Taco has that size that would be perfect for setting the edge in our scheme. He also could kick inside and rush in sub packages in theory, he a big dude lol.

NO. DE has been a big hole that we have ignored for years. We must address it this year. We must find both Wake's partner and replacement. Huge task for a good FO nevermind ours

I think you are underestimating Branch. He's not a very well rounded DE which is why I think Jax let him go, but the guy can get after the QB. He's a freak of an athlete, a prototypical pass rushing defensive end. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people this year.

I think you are underestimating Branch. He's not a very well rounded DE which is why I think Jax let him go, but the guy can get after the QB. He's a freak of an athlete, a prototypical pass rushing defensive end. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people this year.

By becoming something he has never been? After 5 years in the league? That certainly would be surprising.

By becoming something he has never been? After 5 years in the league? That certainly would be surprising.

He played well last year with limited snaps. He definitely has his weaknesses in the run game which is why he doesn't see the field as much as he could, but he's a very good pass rusher with his speed and length. He is exactly what scouts look for when trying to find a pure pass rusher in a 4-3, that's why he was a second round pick.

Sounds like Lamp will be the pick then at #22 because Barnett will not be there :bobdole: Im so tired of using high picks and throwing big money at O-linemen and still having a crappy line. Our defense needs so much attention because we have neglected it through the draft the last few years.

He played well last year with limited snaps. He definitely has his weaknesses in the run game which is why he doesn't see the field as much as he could, but he's a very good pass rusher with his speed and length. He is exactly what scouts look for when trying to find a pure pass rusher in a 4-3, that's why he was a second round pick.

He is a very good pass rusher? I'm not trying to be a jack-*** here but...since when?

William Hayes is our run stuffing DE, and he also had 5.5 sacks last year. If you see Aaron Donald as the equivalent of Ndomakong Suh and Robert Quinn as the equivalent of Cam Wake, I'd say those two DE's had pretty comparable defensive lines. So, IMHO, Hayes is a good comparison for Branch. Yes, Branch had less snaps, but Hayes was the far superior run defender. I'm seeing the play for Branch as being two things: 1) Reward for the "prove it" contract that has already paid off in getting TJ McDonald to sign a "prove it" contract, and 2) our front office sees untapped potential in Branch. Can we get it out of them? That remains to be seen.

While I'm not a fan of the Channing Crowder-esque comments from William Hayes (dinosaurs, mermaids ... what's next?), I'd say he was an excellent addition. Branch, I'd say the jury is still out on him. Fingers crossed though. Fins up!

Someone needs to post a bong video from Reddick long about next Wednesday night, Thursday morning. Who's got this?

Reddick and Lamp are the two players I've zeroed in on as the top possible selections.

Lamp would be, OBVIOUSLY, more ideal in a trade down.

Reddick checks off more boxes than anyone IMO and has cemented himself as my, and most people's, favorite possible selection.

Going to Temple might not help his stock so maybe two or three teams decide to go in a different direction and he can squeak through to 22. Temple is clearly not a football power but they were so well coached the last couple of seasons under Matt Ruhle that I view both Reddick and Dion Dawkins more favorably because of what they did at Temple. I expect Coach Ruhle to establish Baylor as a powerhouse and eventually be an NFL coaching candidate himself.

I'd love for both our first and second rounds picks to be former Owl's.

Those two kids are all business and tough as nails.

Sounds like Lamp will be the pick then at #22 because Barnett will not be there :bobdole: Im so tired of using high picks and throwing big money at O-linemen and still having a crappy line. Our defense needs so much attention because we have neglected it through the draft the last few years.

Yea if this keeps happening then we need a better oline coaches

Sounds like Lamp will be the pick then at #22 because Barnett will not be there :bobdole: Im so tired of using high picks and throwing big money at O-linemen and still having a crappy line. .

You also have an offense that was 31st in 3rd downs
as well as 31st in total first downs.
27th in offensive time of possession

A player like Lamp could help change those stats

We have 3 good DEs. We have maybe one good guard, maybe none.

I still wouldn't take Lamp over Barnett, but only because DES are harder to find, more important and more expensive than guards.

Ask any quarterback that is constantly getting blasted in the face up the middle if guard is less important than defensive end. Especially one that is coming off an injury. With that said, I want best player available regardless of position.

I agree that DE is a priority position, but if Lamp is the best player on the board after a run on DEs and you feel like all of the first round DEs are taken, and you can't get a sweet trade down, well,

I won't complain.

Picking Derek Barnett would make me sick. I just do not see much upside with that guy. I think good offensive tackles in the NFL will just overwhelm his lack of athleticism. And taking another first round offensive lineman, especially a guard, wouldn't make me very happy either. There are so many players I like more than Barnett and so many other positions I would rather have Miami address than guard with their first round pick.

Back
Top Bottom