Armando Salguero - Adding talent in the offseason won’t matter if the Dolphins don’t address this... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero - Adding talent in the offseason won’t matter if the Dolphins don’t address this...

Ross is such a moron he actually gave a GM gig to that total loser Mike Tannenbaum. Are any of you surprised that this franchise has become a clown show? Look at the idiots that they have at the top.

Armando said:
True story: After they were eliminated from playoff contention, the Dolphins reported back to work last Wednesday morning. And every single player was in his seat for the first team meeting of the week well before it began. And most seemed ready to take notes. And several coaches privately asked themselves, “Where’s this been all season?”

After I read this, all I could do is shake my head. Really? We have some real dumb asses on our team who are only here to collect a check. They aren't even trying. The coaches know who they are. I hope they get their asses cut! How's that for taking care of your family mofo!! Get lost!!

Ross needs to bring somebody at either the EVP, Gm, of HC with instant Super Bowl credibility.

Somebody with enough Jewelry to get everybody attention. Somebody with enough cut-throat authority to get Gase's Guy and even Gase himself on edge.

I hate saying this but, fix the people in the room. After that everything is simply football.

Well Armando has it nice these days, he doesnt even have to write his articles anymore, he just signs them...

Ross must think that hiring unknown, inexperienced OCs as Head Coach is the key to success. The current situation has been 6 years in the making, thanks to Ross and his personnel decisions. Philbin was a nobody who didn't even call the plays in GB; he was an OC in name only. At least he hired someone with experience to be his OC, although even Mike Sherman couldn't do anything with an offense void of talented skill position players. (Ireland used early draft picks on either OL or defense with the exception of Tannehill.) Year two saw Sherman forced out and replaced by Lazor, an unknown QB Coach. Gase replaced Philbin and hired an OC with (I think?) some experience, but Gase decided to call his own plays. However, Gase's resume includes being OC for Peyton Manning (who ran his own offense) and a mediocre (at best!) Chicago offense. It does not bode well when just about every Coach has no experience at his position.

And that's just on offense! As for the defense, Miami had a decent one until Philbin hired Coyle, a Bengals DB Coach, as DC. Uh-oh... bye-bye good defense, hello dumpster fire! They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Gase hires Joseph as DC, who was another Bengals DB Coach, and the defense still sucks. Joseph goes to Denver, so Gase promotes Burke, a former Bengals LB Coach, to DC, and the defense still sucks. I don't know how to check the stats, but I'm positive that no other defense has allowed more opponents to convert 3rd and extra-long... especially by running the ball. 3rd and 21? Miami will give up a 22 yard run guaranteed. This has been going on ever since Coyle changed the defense that Nolan ran. And, if I'm not mistaken, haven't the Bengals had an unusually high number of players arrested in recent history? Fielding undisciplined players is probably the norm for Miami's coaches.

After Parcells left, Ross has filled his Coaching Staff (and Front Office?) with inexperienced nobodies; it's like the blind leading the blind.
This is the most maddening thing to watch - if we don't give up a play that is "distance to go + 1 yard" we take an illegal hands to face or hold for the 5 yard automatic. We do need to cut the **** with hiring from the Bengals staff of perennial losers.

Ross must think that hiring unknown, inexperienced OCs as Head Coach is the key to success. The current situation has been 6 years in the making, thanks to Ross and his personnel decisions. Philbin was a nobody who didn't even call the plays in GB; he was an OC in name only. At least he hired someone with experience to be his OC, although even Mike Sherman couldn't do anything with an offense void of talented skill position players. (Ireland used early draft picks on either OL or defense with the exception of Tannehill.) Year two saw Sherman forced out and replaced by Lazor, an unknown QB Coach. Gase replaced Philbin and hired an OC with (I think?) some experience, but Gase decided to call his own plays. However, Gase's resume includes being OC for Peyton Manning (who ran his own offense) and a mediocre (at best!) Chicago offense. It does not bode well when just about every Coach has no experience at his position.

And that's just on offense! As for the defense, Miami had a decent one until Philbin hired Coyle, a Bengals DB Coach, as DC. Uh-oh... bye-bye good defense, hello dumpster fire! They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Gase hires Joseph as DC, who was another Bengals DB Coach, and the defense still sucks. Joseph goes to Denver, so Gase promotes Burke, a former Bengals LB Coach, to DC, and the defense still sucks. I don't know how to check the stats, but I'm positive that no other defense has allowed more opponents to convert 3rd and extra-long... especially by running the ball. 3rd and 21? Miami will give up a 22 yard run guaranteed. This has been going on ever since Coyle changed the defense that Nolan ran. And, if I'm not mistaken, haven't the Bengals had an unusually high number of players arrested in recent history? Fielding undisciplined players is probably the norm for Miami's coaches.

After Parcells left, Ross has filled his Coaching Staff (and Front Office?) with inexperienced nobodies; it's like the blind leading the blind.

Guess you don't know about the Rams...

I hear a lot of people throwing the phrase “command respect” when it comes to Gase... and I take issue with that.

How does a coach command respect? He can’t physically kick a players ass so that’s out. He can yell at them (which I’m sure he does) but that doesn’t work.... He can fine them.. (Which I’m sure he does) but what if that doesn’t work?

The only other thing he can do is trade or cut players which he’s also done. At some point it’s on the PLAYERS! And the GM is responsible for investigating player characters before signing them.

This is NOT a Gase problem, this is a Player Aqusition problem

Not good man. I've been saying for weeks now that the biggest problem is the foundation. We patch things here and there but is there a real vision as to how to build a real winner? It always starts at the top and the players are part of the problem but where's the leadership that we need in order to win?

Ozzy rules!!
Amen...it's so true...this team is too worried about how the player is going to react. I remember in 03 when Belichick cut Milloy, the team captain, because he wouldn't take a pay cut. it sent a message to all of those other players and since then they know that it's his way or the highway...as much as I hate the Pats, you have to tip your hat to them to dedicate the whole organization to the process and philosophy...

who were the Jags before Coughlin went back to run the FO?? they were our Miami Dolphins: dysfunctional, dysfunctional, dysfunctional. it comes from the top > down. Mike Tannenbaum is a virus; a disease that permeates throughout our entire franchise. i like Ross, but he wants to win so bad he always reaches for the 'big shiny toy' in the crane box. what he should do is step back and let the Bruce Beals era begin... starting with no more Tannenbaum.

Absolute garbage. He had a completely different narative last year when we made the playoffs. If Ryan Tannehill doesn't get hurt we are in the playoffs and no one would be saying this kind of crap.

I hear a lot of people throwing the phrase “command respect” when it comes to Gase... and I take issue with that.

How does a coach command respect? He can’t physically kick a players *** so that’s out. He can yell at them (which I’m sure he does) but that doesn’t work.... He can fine them.. (Which I’m sure he does) but what if that doesn’t work?

The only other thing he can do is trade or cut players which he’s also done. At some point it’s on the PLAYERS! And the GM is responsible for investigating player characters before signing them.

This is NOT a Gase problem, this is a Player Aqusition problem
you cut players...that's all a coach has and if the GM and owner buy into his system (see my Patriots reference above) then it will sort itself out.

Absolute garbage. He had a completely different narative last year when we made the playoffs. If Ryan Tannehill doesn't get hurt we are in the playoffs and no one would be saying this kind of crap.

anyone who believes 30yr old 2x ACL in 9mos Ryan Tannehill should go into the 2018 season unchallenged should ask/expect to feel exactly the same come Jan2019... butthurt, angry and out for Gase's head on a spike. 17 has never shown anything close to being elite and might only be slightly above-average for a career. start finding a franchise qb... or start finding new everybody else.

anyone who believes 30yr old 2x ACL in 9mos Ryan Tannehill should go into the 2018 season unchallenged should ask/expect to feel exactly the same come Jan2019... butthurt, angry and out for Gase's head on a spike. 17 has never shown anything close to being elite and might only be slightly above-average for a career. start finding a franchise qb... or start finding new everybody else.
Dilly Dilly!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom