Armando Salguero Show: Joe Philbin Eliminated, McCoy & Bowles Top 2 Candidates | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero Show: Joe Philbin Eliminated, McCoy & Bowles Top 2 Candidates

I betcha McCoy is on the plane with Ross.

I can see that scene at JFK now; McCoy starting to walk down the terminal, boarding a plane for Denver, Ross sprinting after him...

Ross: Wait! Don't go! Don't get on that plane, Mike.
McCoy: I'm not going to just sit around here while you make up your mind.
Ross: I have made up my mind. I want you to come to Miami with me.
McCoy: You- you mean it? What about those other guys?
Ross: I don't care about those other guys. It didn't mean anything. I want you.
McCoy: Oh, Mr. Ross. You've made me so happy.

This will either be a great day in Dolphins history(McCoy) or another disappointing day(Bowles).

A great day in dolphins history really. It could be in the end but way too early to say it will be a great day in our history but hell many thought Parcells was a great day in dolphin history

After reading this I completely expect to hear or read something a conflicting report from someone else

We don't have enough info to know how qualified these guys are, but I sure was looking forward to the idea of getting Philbin so we could raid the Packers of their staff, offensive system, and QB.

I even started watching the games Flynn played in to do a little scouting.

All 2 games he played in 2 years?

Just like when we passed on Mike Tomlin, Ted Thompson and every other person that would have made a difference to this franchise. We seem to have a knack for picking the Dave Wannstedt's of the group.

I'm rooting for Philbin to get the Bucs job now.

Why in the world does our front office have to leak EVERYTHING to the media? What good does it do to tell everyone when a candidate has been eliminated from the search. I thought it was reckless and unprofessional to announce it was down to the final 3....and now this is even worse. Just make the damn decision and announce the coach. Ive never seen anything like this before. Ross could use a lesson in human resources.

I could be wrong here, but my gut feeling has always been that Bowles has been getting additional interviews and opportunities so that Ireland and Ross can turn around and offer him the DC job while saving face with him.

Here's how i've always seen this playing out:

McCoy/Philbin/Bowles all got 2nd interviews.
I truly believe that it was always McCoy/Philbin
We give Bowles a 2nd interview anyway so that a. he isn't interviewing elsewhere b. we can say 'you were so close, but unfortunately we gave it to Mike. How would you like to stick around as Assistant/DC?

This way, we keep the defense happy by ensuring continuity. And we get the coach we've coveted since Fisher bailed

This will either be a great day in Dolphins history(McCoy) or another disappointing day(Bowles).

I was thinking that it could be a great day or a bad one, but we're just going to have to wait and see. :)

Why in the world does our front office have to leak EVERYTHING to the media? What good does it do to tell everyone when a candidate has been eliminated from the search. I thought it was reckless and unprofessional to announce it was down to the final 3....and now this is even worse. Just make the damn decision and announce the coach. Ive never seen anything like this before. Ross could use a lesson in human resources.

I thought it was obvious by now that our front office is not leaking everything. Quite the opposite, it seems to me that outside of the Harbaugh affair, they have been pretty good about keeping a lid on things. All we've heard since the beginning of the season has been misinformation. Remember all the reports about Sparano's imminent dismissal? And then after everything got quiet for a few weeks it came out of the blue.

Report: Mike Zimmer could be named Dolphins head coach by tonight. Yeah, that was a real accurate 'leak' that someone flung against the wall.

Amusingly, I think it's this Parcellian penchant for misinformation and secrecy that is causing a lot of this team's public relations problems. They need to just come out and say what they're going to do, and then do it, and if media guys are making stuff up then they need to come out and say "Hey, this report is made up."

Back
Top Bottom