Armando Salguero takes Jeff Ireland to task | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero takes Jeff Ireland to task

Its interesting.....I read a comment following the article referring to the reasoning behind
Ireland always nit-picking Cowboys rejects. He said reland and his scouting staff are
either lazy on their scouting endeavors of other teams released players,or they really
don't know how to competively scout so they just settle for the player their previously familiar with.....

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree 100% with Armando. Probably because he just rehashes popular forum opinion, but whatevs.

So, he muses at length about 3 positions, basically: nickel CB, FB and TE.

You're telling me these 3 positions are killing the team more than RT and S? ffs... He doesn't even know where the holes are, he just follows the ball...
I didn't see him say anything about whether the positions he mentioned are the ones killing the team. The point he's making is that the personnel decisions made with regard to those positions leave him questioning the abilities of Jeff Ireland.

I didn't see him say anything about whether the positions he mentioned are the ones killing the team. The point he's making is that the personnel decisions made with regard to those positions leave him questioning the abilities of Jeff Ireland.

Fasano is a pretty good TE. Mastrud has rocks for hands, but perhaps they evaluated the offense wouldn't benefit greatly from an elite pass-catching TE. Considering how they've played I tend to agree with them. Fasano is enough.

The secondary is a huge mess, I'll give him that much. But since they've sunk a 1st and a 2nd into the DBs already, I'd say it's not for lack of trying... also wasn't everyone raving about Jimmy Wilson lately? Give them a few games.

I love to see this type of sports writing. So many sports writers kiss butt with the teams to get info and treatment these days, I hardly consider sports "reporting" anything but free PR most the time. Great job on this one!

The secondary is a huge mess, I'll give him that much. But since they've sunk a 1st and a 2nd into the DBs already, I'd say it's not for lack of trying... also wasn't everyone raving about Jimmy Wilson lately? Give them a few games.

There are other ways of picking up DB's besides the draft, you know. And an experienced guy could have been brought in without it being a slight to Davis or Smith, just much needed reinforcement. We completely ignored this area by not bringing in anyone anywhere.

So, he muses at length about 3 positions, basically: nickel CB, FB and TE.

You're telling me these 3 positions are killing the team more than RT and S? ffs... He doesn't even know where the holes are, he just follows the ball...

He ran out of paper.

Fasano is a pretty good TE. Mastrud has rocks for hands, but perhaps they evaluated the offense wouldn't benefit greatly from an elite pass-catching TE. Considering how they've played I tend to agree with them. Fasano is enough.

I don't think Fasano is enough if you're trying to develop a young QB. That's been a mistake all along with Henne IMO.

They should've traded for Tony Gonzalez when they had the chance. Instead, Tony Gonzalez helped Matt Ryan's development, not Chad Henne's.

A tight end is a young QB's security blanket.

I saw the heading "Mando Takes Ireland to Task" and I immediately had a mental image of "dominate" Mando in kinky leather fetish gear with a whip standing over Jeff

Not a huge fan of the media... but must say the article makes a lot of sense.... unfortunately it's not "news" because the process of repeated mistakes (without accountability) has been going on for quite some time....

The way this regime treats the press it is no surprise they are going to be lined up to take their shots! Sucks to say though he is right doesn't matter who the messager is he is right!

since he has no actual insight, the reasons behind the moves he mentioned are unknown to him. edds was a 4th that blew out his knee and we cut him. pats picked him up and they cut him. he cleared waivers and is now on their practice squad. if we wanted him back for whatever reason we could sign him to the 53 man roster (like the other 31 teams could). benny sapp is still out there, available to anyone who wants him. dante rosario was cut by the panthers, signed by fox in denver, cut by fox in denver, signed by us, cut by us, signed by fox in denver (is their media "taking him to task"?). all i can see that may be criticized here is lack of depth at cornerback (and with the drafting of sean smith, vontae davis, nolan carroll, jimmy wilson, and fa signings they are trying to get it taken care of), and i am upset about that, but is a problem with 20+ other teams. And, blowing a 4th round pick (edds), which i am also not thrilled about. but without the facts and details why everything happened the way it did, armando took nothing to "task."

I suspect this will be a very bad season as this team quits on the current regime.

Agreed. Should Miami lose today the season is essentially over.

Until Sparano gets canned, this idiocy will continue. I'm fine w/ Henne & Ireland.

I just hope Ross aggresively pursues Bret Bielema or Les Miles.

Back
Top Bottom