Armando says we’re screwed | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando says we’re screwed

Which is fine but their "articles" aren't needed by the fans of this site.

The great posters of FH do a better job of filling our space.

The sky is not falling.

A 10-6 team went 6-10 (with 2 wins against last year's SB combatants)......without it's franchise QB.

Doom and Gloom, fluck that.
Did you read the article?

I don't read any articles or Dolphin related news or opinions unless it comes from this posters on this site.

South Florida sports media coverage is beyond useless.
Ah right, fair enough. I get bored in work so read quite a lot :)

I guess my point is, people are complaining about his article, and about how negative Armando is etc, and that they don't need that negativity - so then why do they read his articles?

Ah right, fair enough. I get bored in work so read quite a lot :)

I guess my point is, people are complaining about his article, and about how negative Armando is etc, and that they don't need that negativity - so then why do they read his articles?

I am bored at work ALL DAY and have the ability to sit in front of a computer and talk about the Dolphins as much as I want.

No matter how bored I am, 3 websites I am not visiting are the Herald, SS and PBP.

Stop giving them clicks.

I am bored at work ALL DAY and have the ability to sit in front of a computer and talk about the Dolphins as much as I want.

No matter how bored I am, 3 websites I am not visiting are the Herald, SS and PBP.

Stop giving them clicks.
I'll continue giving them clicks, thanks anyway.

Every one of the personnel moves you mention is about defense. We have spent insane money on that side of the ball, have drafted and signed and traded till we are blue in the face... and yet people keep screaming for more.

And ignore offense. Let Landry walk yada yada yada.

The Jaguars were pretty horrendous and they went from a bad team to the AFC Championship game in a hurry. Conversely, I think a great team like the Patriots can fall apart quickly, particularly if Brady gets injured, falls apart or retires. All dynasties eventually come to end.

Armando is wrong. It's not about luck, and it's not about perpetually losing until you build up enough top 5 picks on your team. It's about seizing the opportunity when it's staring you in the face, and consistently making smart decisions.

This Dolphins organization makes tragically poor decisions. To name a few:
1. Shula never invests a pick in Marino's successor because he was thinking about his legacy, Marino's legacy, and not the team's.
2. Jimmy wants Norv Turner as OC to replace Gary Stevens, but Turner is not available. Instead of taking a chance on a young coordinator, he promotes Kippy Brown and the offense is the definition of bland.
3. Jimmy doesn't trade Marino. It would have been hard, but it needed to happen.
4. Jimmy shackles us with Wannstedt.
5. Wannstedt passes on Brees. Wannstedt made a ton of bad decisions, but this was the highlight.
6. Saban drafts Ronnie Brown and watches Aaron Rodgers fall, but doesn't trade back into the 1st round to get him.
7. Saban passes on Brees AGAIN. Goes with Culpepper instead.
8. Cam Cameron
9. Parcells robs the organization on a consulting contract and sticks us with a first time GM and first time head coach.
10. Jake Long. Not in itself a bad pick, but Matt Ryan was there and we needed a QB.

I'm going to stop there because the Failbin era is depressing. It's not luck Armando. It's developing a team culture and a philosophy, and sticking to it. Look at the Steelers. Yeah, they started winning big after hitting on Roethlisberger, but they also went to the playoffs with Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and Bubby Brister. The Packers maintained their philosophy from Ron Wolf to Ted Thompson. And of course the Patriots have been consistent winners with Belichick at the helm.

The Dolphins have struggled mightily to find THE GUY at the top who consistently makes good decisions. It's that simple.

This is a perfect read, Couldn't agree more with everything you wrote.

I have been watching the fins since they first started, Armando is right on the things he talks about, but he omit other things like most journalist does. this was very successful in the late 70's 80's and part of the 90's, this strenght was always having an offense that was good enough to compete, but they found out that they needed defense, to balance out the team, (killer Bees). organizational bad decisions that I witness was hiring wannstedt, with ground and pound shifted the game to be conservative while the other team was surpassing the dolphins by drafting wants instead of needs, the divisions tightened up and here you go 15 year later Tom wasn't a need for New England, they wanted to draft a QB, so there was no pressure. Miami drafts for needs to much because the players that they have does not perform and they have to keep draft the same position every single year.

Back
Top Bottom