Armando says we’re screwed | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando says we’re screwed

Bortles played maybe the game of his ****ing life in the championship game, and he still wasn't very good.

Ball placement. Accuracy. He killed drives with Cutler-esque dogshit throws. It all stems from his terrible throwing motion which nobody in Jacksonville has ever bothered to try to fix. Bortles is a really talented guy, and the Jaguars pretty much killed his chance to be a good quarterback by refusing to get him a proper position coach.

Though in fairness to the Jaguars, apparently Bortles is more of a party guy than a nose to the grindstone guy, and that's probably why he hasn't taken it upon himself to get a private coach to help him in the off-season.

Lol I can only hope and pray B.B. is coaching the giants next season. And Brady gets injured early. Nothing critical just enough to end a season and put the question of retirement in his mind

Yeah like maybe something along the lines of Joe Theismann's injury would be nice.

On a side note: Omar must have took a **** in Armando's Wheaties this morning.

Last edited:
We went 6-10, that not average, that’s a team that ****ing sucks. Tannenbaum also gave Tannehill a huge contract extension (wouldn’t be the first mediocre quarterback that he overpaid) so what are you talking about?
You would’ve let tannehill walk in feee agency? Lmao. If tannehill was healthy we could easily be 9-7 or 10-6 and would’ve absolutely been a playoff team.

Ross has to sell the team for us to have a chance?.........what are you talking about?

It just seems like a lot of football guys (HC, GM) don't want to work for Ross. Ross has made the Dolphins toxic to others. That's telling. Huizenga was able to woo an experienced football guy like Parcells. Ross has brought in guys into positions they've never held before...except for the guy who destroyed the Jets (Tannenbaum).

Ive said it before and Ill repeat it again...NE is not only a AFCE problem..they are a NFL problem and its hurting the leagues reputation as a place where ALL teams start the season with hope.

The only "hope" any other teams fans has had for almost 2 decades is that NE goes out early in the playoffs...No hope at all of keeping them out of it.

Mando is right but he should have looked bigger picture...

I understand the team sucks and has sucked for a long time, but this obsession with accentuating the negative standing of the organization several times a week from the local writers gets tiring. We get it. They suck and there's no end in sight. We don't need to be told four times a week in seven different articles by five different writers.

Armando is partially right. We are screwed....but not because of NE. It has more to so with bad front office decisions, IMO.

1. We spend a 1st round pick on a DE who played a full season and we still don't know if he is a quality edge player. Do we spend another high pick on a pass rusher when we already have 3 under contract?
2. We gave out starting semi-long term money to a backup DE. Are they going to sit him on the bench for a new draftee or Charles Harris?
3. We gave out top 10 money to a player (Kiko) who could have been had for another year for small money and given us a chance to see him perform 2 years in a row. This is the type of player you don't extend before contract is up (not like Jarvis & OV).
4. We are paying a starting DT, QB money. Would this have been better served on two or three upgrades on defense? (Malik Jackson/Brandon Williams).
5. We gave up a 5th round draft pick for a player who may or may not be able to ever start (Anthony). One who, has the M.O. of not being able to play other positions because he doesn't have it upstairs.
5. We are stuck with all these decisions and it prevents us from investing at positions of great need.

...and don't get me started on ALL those failed free agents signings (and dead money).

I understand the team sucks and has sucked for a long time, but this obsession with accentuating the negative standing of the organization several times a week from the local writers gets tiring. We get it. They suck and there's no end in sight. We don't need to be told four times a week in seven different articles by five different writers.
Well said. I don't need to be punched in the face every time we read one of the beat writers. We all have a pretty good idea what we( and most of the rest of the AFC) have been through the last 15 years. What insight are they offering? Feels like that article could have been written by any fan outside of Pittsburgh, KC, maybe Balt in the AFC. Was Armando against these moves when they happened? Or does he now come out and pretend he knows they were mistakes. Being negative all the time, especially lately, offers no insight. We knows things are bad

This x 100.

Armando is partially right. We are screwed....but not because of NE. It has more to so with bad front office decisions, IMO.

1. We spend a 1st round pick on a DE who played a full season and we still don't know if he is a quality edge player. Do we spend another high pick on a pass rusher when we already have 3 under contract?
2. We gave out starting semi-long term money to a backup DE. Are they going to sit him on the bench for a new draftee or Charles Harris?
3. We gave out top 10 money to a player (Kiko) who could have been had for another year for small money and given us a chance to see him perform 2 years in a row. This is the type of player you don't extend before contract is up (not like Jarvis & OV).
4. We are paying a starting DT, QB money. Would this have been better served on two or three upgrades on defense? (Malik Jackson/Brandon Williams).
5. We gave up a 5th round draft pick for a player who may or may not be able to ever start (Anthony). One who, has the M.O. of not being able to play other positions because he doesn't have it upstairs.
5. We are stuck with all these decisions and it prevents us from investing at positions of great need.

...and don't get me started on ALL those failed free agents signings (and dead money).

Two comments. 1) FAR too early to make a judgement on ANY R1 pick. Bu that's why my priority is OLB, TE, FS. 2) If Miami had drafted Anthony R5 and found a ST guy and good backup, that would have been considered a 'win.' Trading with a 5th is no different.

Well said. I don't need to be punched in the face every time we read one of the beat writers. We all have a pretty good idea what we( and most of the rest of the AFC) have been through the last 15 years. What insight are they offering? Feels like that article could have been written by any fan outside of Pittsburgh, KC, maybe Balt in the AFC. Was Armando against these moves when they happened? Or does he now come out and pretend he knows they were mistakes. Being negative all the time, especially lately, offers no insight. We knows things are bad
Well .. from the heading of the article, couldn't you tell it was going to be negative? As such, if you don't want to be beaten over the head with it, why read it? I think people are overly harsh on Armando and others. They have a job to do at the end of the day, and it's off-season, where not much is happening. They've space to fill, so have to come up with something. It can't be that easy. I mean, I've never started a thread in here as .. I can't come up with topics that I feel worthy.

Well .. from the heading of the article, couldn't you tell it was going to be negative? As such, if you don't want to be beaten over the head with it, why read it? I think people are overly harsh on Armando and others. They have a job to do at the end of the day, and it's off-season, where not much is happening. They've space to fill, so have to come up with something. It can't be that easy. I mean, I've never started a thread in here as .. I can't come up with topics that I feel worthy.

Which is fine but their "articles" aren't needed by the fans of this site.

The great posters of FH do a better job of filling our space.

The sky is not falling.

A 10-6 team went 6-10 (with 2 wins against last year's SB combatants)......without it's franchise QB.

Doom and Gloom, fluck that.

Two comments. 1) FAR too early to make a judgement on ANY R1 pick. Bu that's why my priority is OLB, TE, FS. 2) If Miami had drafted Anthony R5 and found a ST guy and good backup, that would have been considered a 'win.' Trading with a 5th is no different.

All I was really saying is that we don't know about him after a full season. I didn't make any predictions for his future. Just pointing out that we have a lot invested in DE and no real answers.

I guess the Anthony thing is the same as drafting him in the 5th round if....the rookie contracts were only for 1.5 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom