Armando says we’re screwed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando says we’re screwed

I'd always heard that Belichick was Jimmy's first choice to run his defense, but turned him down to go to NY...oh what could have been.
Well imagine what Jets fans must feel considering that Belichick actually was their coach for a day until he spurned them to go to NE and build the greatest dynasty in league history.

Don't know how anybody can defend Tannendumbass. He's doing the exact same thing he did to the Jets. Overpaying for terrible to average players in a series of splash win-now moves in order to keep the team mired in perpetual mediocrity-or-worse in order to keep his own job and make it look like he knows what he's doing. The Dolphins will never be a true contender until this buffoon is gone, and it will take them multiple years to recover when he's finally forced out of here.

Don't know how anybody can defend Tannendumbass. He's doing the exact same thing he did to the Jets. Overpaying for terrible to average players in a series of splash win-now moves in order to keep the team mired in perpetual mediocrity-or-worse in order to keep his own job and make it look like he knows what he's doing. The Dolphins will never be a true contender until this buffoon is gone, and it will take them multiple years to recover when he's finally forced out of here.

I don't think anyone's defending him.

To me, he's the root of all the problems with this franchise. To me, we'd be better off getting rid of him, putting Marino in charge and hiring someone like Brian Xanders to be his assistant, sort of like the arrangement they had in Denver between Xanders and Elway...but hopefully not run Xanders off like Elway did.

or, a more likely scenario, that Ross gives more power/influence to Gase and diminishes T-Bag's clout within the franchise.

I get that T-Bag and Ross are boys and that Ross is a super loyal guy, but it's clear that he's not steering the franchise in a great direction. I'd get rid of him, yesterday. I used to think it was funny how T-Bag basically piloted the Jets off a cliff, but it's not so funny when he's doing the same thing to our team.

I thought Bortles played a pretty good game. 20 points, no mistakes that cost the team the game and close to 100 passer rating. All this despite a conservative offensive plan late in the game and at halftime. He played better than Tannehill has ever played there and on a much bigger stage. The defense was the strength of the Jags and they were a bigger reason for the loss. (2) 4th quarter TD’s allow. Even the best QB’s have little chance when their d give up 2 scores at the end.

Bortles really did not play well. He consistently was inaccurate with ball placement. If he threw a better ball there were a lot of opportunities for yards left on the field, including the 4th down at the end of the game. The conservative game plan was because there was no trust in him, rightfully so...

Whats there to be positive about?

playoff run last year with a backup qb to finish the season

would've been a lot more optimistic around these parts in 2017 if our starting qb hadn't gone down with an acl...

if tanne comes back next season and looks plain jane same old story, i imagine there will be some major shifting around...until then, i get the pessimism, but i think we feel farther removed from 10-6 than we necessarily should.

Bortles really did not play well. He consistently was inaccurate with ball placement. If he threw a better ball there were a lot of opportunities for yards left on the field, including the 4th down at the end of the game. The conservative game plan was because there was no trust in him, rightfully so...

i agree i think bortles looked exactly like who he was that entire game. couldn't move the ball down the field vertically to save his life. lots of quick throws to the flats, quick outs, and dump offs underneath....looked like a crappy dolphins offense at times but at least tannehill has gotten much better at accuracy down the field....bortles did not look as good as his "stat line"....

That and they’re almost guaranteed home field advantage because the AFC East has been so bad for so long. That being said, what they have done won’t ever be replicated in the NFL again IMHO. So I am impressed. Begrudgingly.
I just can't be impressed when it will NEVER be proven if they are great or just the best damn cheaters ever. I go with the latter. If they didn't NEED to cheat to win, well, why would they? But this is the modern NFL & why I'm losing interest in the game year by year (officiating has also been brutal throughout the league). College football was always secondary to the NFL IMO, but these past few years, I'm more looking forward to whats on the Saturday schedule. Oh well...

Bortles had pretty much the same stats as Brady. With some more air on that last pass he matches Brady's 2 TD's and surpasses 300 yards passing and beats Brady in passer rating. Didn't play well. Yes he was behind on a few and short on the last. Not sure why there wasn't trust there. Bortles hasn't turned the ball over in the post season.

And, you have a right to disregard my opinion. After all, that’s all it is. But I’ve seen how things work from relatively close quarters. You haven’t. And I know that based on what I see, I have a good idea how things are going to go.

There goes Mando, all full of himself again.

playoff run last year with a backup qb to finish the season

would've been a lot more optimistic around these parts in 2017 if our starting qb hadn't gone down with an acl...

if tanne comes back next season and looks plain jane same old story, i imagine there will be some major shifting around...until then, i get the pessimism, but i think we feel farther removed from 10-6 than we necessarily should.

I agree with you, but it's always 'next year'. Then something ****ed up happens and it's 'next year' again.

What’s really sad is Tannenbaum is the only GM in a he AFC east who put together s team that beat the Patriots in a playoff game. He sucks, sure but what does that say for the afc east GM ‘s of the last 17 years?

I agree with you, but it's always 'next year'. Then something ****ed up happens and it's 'next year' again.

It does feel like we’ve been on repeat for the last decade. The optimism starts to get numbing. Anything they do, dramatic or otherwise, will always get a “well let’s see” by me because I can’t imagine it getting any worse.

It does feel like we’ve been on repeat for the last decade. The optimism starts to get numbing. Anything they do, dramatic or otherwise, will always get a “well let’s see” by me because I can’t imagine it getting any worse.

That's exactly where I am this year, just numb to it all. Well put.

To me the Championship games highlighted what great coaching with average QB'ing is supposed to look like. Pat Shermer deserves the whisperer of whisperers title. Foles under him: one of the greatest statistical season of all time. Bradford under him: record completion percentage. And he just got Keanam huge dollars.

Coughlin and Marrone did their thing. They better realize they still need to swing for the fences for a QB though.

And my boy Pederson. Been jealous of the moves they been making since wheeling and dealing to get Wentz and a first round pick for Bradford. I've been singing that teams praises since last offseason when Football Outsiders had them as the highest ranked team to not make the playoffs ever. Proving you shouldn't jump to conclusions based on going to the playoffs or not after one season. I bet there is many an Eagle fan that wanted him fired and now that fan looks and feels like a total ass-hat.

Back
Top Bottom