Article: Stephen Ross Is Drastically Ruining His Own Franchise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: Stephen Ross Is Drastically Ruining His Own Franchise

Am I the only one who thinks that the owners part is a little overblown. Very few of the owners across the major sports are really experts in the game. Yes some really know how to surround themselves with very competant people, but other than that they do not make or break a franchise. The greatest football can of tuna is really the main issue still. And that decision was not made on Ross's watch. He kept him and his philosophies around for longer than he should have but as far as the moves related to football since I have to say I am pleased.

Am I the only one who thinks that the owners part is a little overblown. Very few of the owners across the major sports are really experts in the game. Yes some really know how to surround themselves with very competant people, but other than that they do not make or break a franchise. The greatest football can of tuna is really the main issue still. And that decision was not made on Ross's watch. He kept him and his philosophies around for longer than he should have but as far as the moves related to football since I have to say I am pleased.
Being able to fill the front office with competent people is the one thing that does make or break a franchise. See, for example, Wayne Huizenga's tenure as owner-- None of his moves worked. None of the coaches he hired got the job done. The talent on the team got older, and slowly declined. Then the team fell over the cliff in 2004. It still hasn't recovered. And even though Ross isn't responsible for bringing in a past-his-prime Tuna along with his hand-picked (and incompetent) head coach, he is responsible for letting Sparano waste yet another season before finally cleaning house.

People that gave you the "no thanks" love losing.

Recently across and bookmarked a new emoticon that struck me as potentially useful....... it almost slipped my mind - thanks for reminding me :up:

bigbaby-1.gif

This article seems to lump past issues as current ones, as if Ross has not learned from things that did not work. This type of over the top ranting would have been better served a year ago. Now it seems misinformed, or straight up agenda driven.

awful article and would maybe be relevant last year but Ross is actually turning things around and getting back to football, the writer of this article is a moron, does he know ross did away with the orange carpet and celebrity approach? does he know he hired a very competent, knowledgeable, high integrity coach who comes from GB which is one of the classiest organizations in of all sports in joe philbin? does he know that we told jeff fisher to take a hike because fisher wanted complete control of operations? does he know that ross hosted a fan day for dolphins fans to come meet the new dolphin draft picks right in dolphin stadium? does he know that ross has been holding conference calls with season ticket holders to get feedback on what direction the fans wanna see this franchise go? does he know that we finally took a QB in the first round since Dan Marino and the direction of the franchise is bright? does he know Ross wants to remodel the stadium and move the seats closer to the field to give us a better home field advantage? Ross has done a lot of boneheaded things in the past but in the past few months he has been trying to right the ship and reach out to the fanbase, this article is a complete joke and the writer can shove it up his a**, I cant believe I just went to war for Stephen Ross lol

I'll reserve my opinion until a future time and date.

Wow....someone who gets it!

You are right...this guy definitely gets it.
Since Ross took over as owner of the Dolphins, the team has gotten worse, and much of that is due to his ignorance and preference to play with the social aspect of the team. Ross had a decent head coach in Tony Sparano, but did nothing to help him. He hired the biggest idiot in the world in general manager Jeff Ireland, and that is one key reason why many players will never sign with the Dolphins.

It's funny how these so-called writers criticize Ross, but when the Jet's or Patriot's owners do similar things everyone slaps them on the back and tells them what a great move they are making. Some media types will always criticize Miami, even if we win a SB.

Ross is doing a great job and has more sense than all of his critics. He didn't attain his level of success being stupid. Most of the critics on this board would **** their pants if they had to make the decisions he has to make. Inexperienced losers talking it up on a message board. lol

Back
Top Bottom