Article: Stephen Ross Is Drastically Ruining His Own Franchise | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: Stephen Ross Is Drastically Ruining His Own Franchise

Haters gonna hate

Haters gonna be right....have been so far...is that pie or crow Kirsty is eating?

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Child please.

I remember that you defended these idiots even when we started 0-7...you'll probably get a chance to defend another 5-11 or 6-10 season next year...and the year after that...

Well Dr. Phin, he is Mr. Glass Half Full!! Which I like and agree with anyway, I'll always support the team no matter what our record says.

I know Ross is trying his hardest to turn this ship around...I mean having conference calls with the season ticket holders is a bold BOLD move on his part. I like how he is getting in the football mindset...he made his rookie mistakes no let his talent take him the rest of the way.

Haters gonna be right....have been so far...is that pie or crow Kirsty is eating?

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

I remember that you defended these idiots even when we started 0-7...you'll probably get a chance to defend another 5-11 or 6-10 season next year...and the year after that...

So you idea of being a dedicated fan is to bash everyone in the organization every time they do not meet your expectations? Doctor of what? Do you have a degree in managing successful sports organizations. Just another fan who thinks preaching negativity and posting articles written by Redskins fans/writers makes him "educated". I live in Washington and these guys are praising a rookie as the new Mike Vick. Dream On! These fans supporting their team is called dedication! Try out or choose another screen name. Try out Dr. Pessimistic.

[video=youtube;QdgCajndgNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdgCajndgNw[/video]

Well it's all relative. Now if he had written the following I think many of us would have concurred:

*that Ross inherited a bad situation and fan discontent and compounded that by bumbling and stumbling into some embarrassing missteps himself while demonstrating that he was learning on his feet by then making some sound personnel and organizational moves of late

**that to some extent the fan backlash was inevitable and understandable but the bottom line was it was those embarrasingly disgruntled malcontents, essentially fair weather fans despite their shallow excuses otherwise, rooting against the team to succeed for the illusion of a better draft pick, including the jobless or non-essential ones demonstrating during working hours outside the Davie headquarters who became the national laughingstock and embarrassment to Ross and the organization.

***And that some of those fans who despite the team finishing 6-3, essentially better than any divisional opponents not named "NE", having just completed a very promising draft and hired a sharp up and coming cerebral coach who is introducing the elements that made his offense a juggernaut in GB.... whether it be a reflection of how miserable they are in their personal lives and have grabbed an excuse to project their misery by using their supposed beloved Fins as their psychological whipping boy, or whether they're merely just naturally hard-wired pizzers and moaners beccause it excites them one way or another, bullheadedly refuse to see or acknowledge any brightness shining through what may not be an interminably long tunnel after all - because not doing so fulfills some perverse pathological need. :idk:

Now I would have said "he gets it" if he had written an article like that. Would you?

Ok first off, Hyzienga hired Parcells who in turn hired Sparano and Ireland. Ross only wants to play the fight song when winning, what is wrong with that? "Ross has proven on a steady basis that not only does he not know what do in terms of football decisions" and has CONSISTENTLY let his football people make football decisions...

Since Ross took over as owner of the Dolphins, the team has gotten worse, and much of that is due to his ignorance and preference to play with the social aspect of the team. Technically another lie, under Hyzienga we finsihed DEAD last and picked #1 overall, and a few seasons earlier picked #2 overall. This has not happened under Ross.

I suppose most of these wannabe writers suck at everything in life and then try to make it as a sportsbeat writer, I just wish I had that kind of creativity with the facts. Unfortunately I manage a very big project in the US that has to do with defending this country, if I EVER tried to pass off half baked comments like these reporters at the very least I'd be fired, and quite possibly I might disappear for a while depending upon the **** I spewed. Oh well, nobody believes anything these ****birds post so I guess its all good.

Personally I have changed my mind about Ross this off season. I thought he was clueless. But what I have come to see is he was a new owner who was simply inexperienced. He put his trust in Bill Parcells who had a proven record for success (at least as coach with the Giants) and paid the price from a public relations perspective. I think Parcells style of running a team is absolute disaster given today's media (internet, twitter, facebook, etc...).

What I have seen is Ross LEARNS from his mistakes. He gets that he needed to be more open with the media and fans. I will say that he is still learning when it comes to communicating with the media as he seems to inadvertently throw his owner and coaches under the bus at times. But Ross is determined to put a winning and entertaining franchise on the field and building a team that fans can be proud of. There is a reason Ross is a billionaire, it didn't happen by accident.

Just as a QB can take several years to develop the same can be said about an owner. Ross has shown tremendous improvement this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he is rated as a top 5 owner within the next 2-3 seasons.

Personally I have changed my mind about Ross this off season. I thought he was clueless. But what I have come to see is he was a new owner who was simply inexperienced. He put his trust in Bill Parcells who had a proven record for success (at least as coach with the Giants) and paid the price from a public relations perspective. I think Parcells style of running a team is absolute disaster given today's media (internet, twitter, facebook, etc...).

What I have seen is Ross LEARNS from his mistakes. He gets that he needed to be more open with the media and fans. I will say that he is still learning when it comes to communicating with the media as he seems to inadvertently throw his owner and coaches under the bus at times. But Ross is determined to put a winning and entertaining franchise on the field and building a team that fans can be proud of. There is a reason Ross is a billionaire, it didn't happen by accident.

Just as a QB can take several years to develop the same can be said about an owner. Ross has shown tremendous improvement this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he is rated as a top 5 owner within the next 2-3 seasons.

I would believe in that perspective if it wasn't for the fact that Ireland is still here. He should have been swept aside with the rest of the rabble...

Well it's all relative. Now if he had written the following I think many of us would have concurred:

*that Ross inherited a bad situation and fan discontent and compounded that by bumbling and stumbling into some embarrassing missteps himself while demonstrating that he was learning on his feet by then making some sound personnel and organizational moves of late

**that to some extent the fan backlash was inevitable and understandable but the bottom line was it was those embarrasingly disgruntled malcontents, essentially fair weather fans despite their shallow excuses otherwise, rooting against the team to succeed for the illusion of a better draft pick, including the jobless or non-essential ones demonstrating during working hours outside the Davie headquarters who became the national laughingstock and embarrassment to Ross and the organization.

***And that some of those fans who despite the team finishing 6-3, essentially better than any divisional opponents not named "NE", having just completed a very promising draft and hired a sharp up and coming cerebral coach who is introducing the elements that made his offense a juggernaut in GB.... whether it be a reflection of how miserable they are in their personal lives and have grabbed an excuse to project their misery by using their supposed beloved Fins as their psychological whipping boy, or whether they're merely just naturally hard-wired pizzers and moaners beccause it excites them one way or another, bullheadedly refuse to see or acknowledge any brightness shining through what may not be an interminably long tunnel after all - because not doing so fulfills some perverse pathological need. :idk:

Now I would have said "he gets it" if he had written an article like that. Would you?

What you don't get is that in 2008 I, like many other, though this team was looking good...things were getting better. There was a plan we could all see...first year bring in the big boys on the lines, second year bring in skill guys to develop, third year bring in some FA's and we were looking good. Then...second year....wait....we were still getting the OL in place...third year...same thing...fourth...same thing. We are in year 5 and still don't have a decent OL. I started questioning things after the second year...and so far I have been right. We have had three awful seasons, which many of us saw coming from a mile away.

To me the only bullheaded people around here are the ones that don't see the team for what it is...

Everyone was calling for Ireland's head last year...what has changed? A draft where we reached for multiple players? Over that last five years his drafts have basically turned out NOTHING special. (I don't want to hear about Long, there were only a few picks that anyone though we would take, so it didn't take a genious to come up with Long...and he was actually the wrong pick IMO.) Most people write of all but this year and last year. Well, even if you do that....what the hell good did we get last year? Pouncy? Just great...a good center in the first round. That was a hard pick. Thomas...we already drafted a replacement for him this year. He has bust written all over him. Gates? He only runs 9 routes and really did nothing last year. Our best picks were a freaking 7th round CB and a utility back. Really?

Philbin is the ONLY bright spot for this team right now...and we don't even know if he will be good. How did everyone feel about Cam Cameron before 2007?

If only Ralph Wilson had confined himself to adding celeb part-owners or changing the Bills unis or wanting to change the team's song rather interefering in the running of the team in some notorious ways over the years ... :boohoo:

What you don't get is that in 2008 I, like many other, though this team was looking good...things were getting better. There was a plan we could all see...first year bring in the big boys on the lines, second year bring in skill guys to develop, third year bring in some FA's and we were looking good. Then...second year....wait....we were still getting the OL in place...third year...same thing...fourth...same thing. We are in year 5 and still don't have a decent OL. I started questioning things after the second year...and so far I have been right. We have had three awful seasons, which many of us saw coming from a mile away.

To me the only bullheaded people around here are the ones that don't see the team for what it is...

Everyone was calling for Ireland's head last year...what has changed? A draft where we reached for multiple players? Over that last five years his drafts have basically turned out NOTHING special. (I don't want to hear about Long, there were only a few picks that anyone though we would take, so it didn't take a genious to come up with Long...and he was actually the wrong pick IMO.) Most people write of all but this year and last year. Well, even if you do that....what the hell good did we get last year? Pouncy? Just great...a good center in the first round. That was a hard pick. Thomas...we already drafted a replacement for him this year. He has bust written all over him. Gates? He only runs 9 routes and really did nothing last year. Our best picks were a freaking 7th round CB and a utility back. Really?

Philbin is the ONLY bright spot for this team right now...and we don't even know if he will be good. How did everyone feel about Cam Cameron before 2007?

This.

Well Dr. Phin, he is Mr. Glass Half Full!! Which I like and agree with anyway, I'll always support the team no matter what our record says.

I know Ross is trying his hardest to turn this ship around...I mean having conference calls with the season ticket holders is a bold BOLD move on his part. I like how he is getting in the football mindset...he made his rookie mistakes no let his talent take him the rest of the way.

It's one thing to support your team. It's entirely a seperate issue to support the employment and empowerment of coaches, administrators and players who contribute to failure. Supporting the team means wanting those people gone, not mindlessly hoping they get better when it's never going to happen.
Was I supporting my team last year and the year before that by calling for Sparano and Irealand's heads? Damn straight. Sparano is a terrible coach and Ireland has failed to adapt to modern day NFL philosophies. The entire Bill Parcells stench should be ridden from this organization.
Was I supporting my team by wanting to lose games after we were 0-4? Abso-****in-lutely. We would have been so much better off with Luck or RG3 than we are with Tannehill that it isn't even funny. Not to mention we would have been in better position throghout the draft to, you know, actually improve the team.
Supporting the team means wanting the team to improve, and actually wanting to win a championship. Rooting for Sparano, and meaningless wins when yr team is 3-10 means your rooting for mediocrity. Not improvement or championships.

Writers like this are "drastically ruining" the English language.

It's one thing to support your team. It's entirely a seperate issue to support the employment and empowerment of coaches, administrators and players who contribute to failure. Supporting the team means wanting those people gone, not mindlessly hoping they get better when it's never going to happen.
Was I supporting my team last year and the year before that by calling for Sparano and Irealand's heads? Damn straight. Sparano is a terrible coach and Ireland has failed to adapt to modern day NFL philosophies. The entire Bill Parcells stench should be ridden from this organization.
Was I supporting my team by wanting to lose games after we were 0-4? Abso-****in-lutely. We would have been so much better off with Luck or RG3 than we are with Tannehill that it isn't even funny. Not to mention we would have been in better position throghout the draft to, you know, actually improve the team.
Supporting the team means wanting the team to improve, and actually wanting to win a championship. Rooting for Sparano, and meaningless wins when yr team is 3-10 means your rooting for mediocrity. Not improvement or championships.
Supporting your team also means making sure they suck before you say they suck... every damn day you post. new system, new coaches, and new players, how about letting them show what they have on the field before painting the walls brown around here?

Supporting your team also means making sure they suck before you say they suck... every damn day you post. new system, new coaches, and new players, how about letting them show what they have on the field before painting the walls brown around here?
This.

Back
Top Bottom