Asiata | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asiata

Your points really don't come close to justifying your initial statement that "Gase is terrible at evaluating talent, he's proven that time and time again." Who besides Moore has come in due to injury (or starters leaving??) and outplayed the starter?

I'm not a big McCain fan though I appreciated the hell out of him Sunday afternoon...but do you mean the Verner that was beat on a bomb the first play that he got on the field this season? Maybe that was an anomaly but Id hesitate to label him an obvious upgrade.

Maybe Asiata will be an upgrade. I hope so, but to base it on the fact that he was a good run blocker in college may be hopeful. Maybe he just needs more seasoning...comfort with the pass protections schemes, better technique. He may be ready in a few games or next year, but not sure how you can use him as an example that Gase can't evaluate talent

If I were hammering a head coach that came into an org that had a loser mentality, righted the ship and reeled off a 14-8 record, 9 of them without his guy at the most important position on the field, I'd be ready to back it up with more substance

I have said it many times, i can't remember in what threads, but tank came in because maxwell got injured, ajayi was forced to start because of arian foster leaving(credit to yessir on remembering that one). He was forced to fire the twins because 1-4 or 1-5 and endless examples of why they were killing us even though there was the same examples 2 or 3 seasons on tape beforehand. He even traded a quality ol starter for his guy that has been crappy when we had a young te that flashed and blocked last year when our ol was still and is still thin.

Never starting any of the youth last year at lb in favor of horrible vets that killed us game after game after game. Never playing drake this year even though he played great his first year, never using grant even though he's shown great play making ability, never throwing to the best long td pass guy in the league pre moore, always calling the same vanilla plays to the same players in almost every set, endless examples.

Asiata is definitely strong enough to play like he did in college in the nfl, he's one of the biggest strongest guards in the league, and that nastiness don't change, this whole thing reminds me of us getting rid of incognito because he wasn't soft enough. So what if he's somewhat bad in pass pro, he's amazing in run blocking which is like saying it's worth still having maxwell over tank and getting crappy cb play over a guy who is playing good and has made some mistakes. We can't run the ball right now and we try to force it every game still, if you're going to try to force the run game, at least put the run blocker you drafted in to do that. It's not like our starting guards aren't terrible either, given Asiata's tape alone he should be an auto insert over our guards, not to mention cutler has almost never thrown past two yards here so you don't need pass pro for that.

Can't say a guy is a bad player off one play, that's gase's mentality, remember he benched ajayi for a while one game for fumbling it which he rarely does, gase has no faith in his players, seemingly only sticking to bad players like cutler who he'll let throw up endless zero's because he doesn't want to look bad but bench ajayi for a rare mistake the second it happens(credit to somebody else for noticing that). Bobby has shown to be consistently bad over 2-3 years while verner has been consistently good before, couldn't be worse than bobby given verner has shown plenty before, plenty enough to be considered an obvious upgrade over bobby.

I love how people always cling to the w-l stat and ignore all the facts when it suits them, same garbage that happened with Sparano and Philbin because there is no real argument other than that stat to say he's a good coach. People that weren't bias weren't surprised that they ended up terribly, but all the people that supported all that bull for so many years acted all surprised when they finally got canned when it should have happened years earlier for both of them. Gase's offense has never been remotely impressive despite the fact that he's supposedly some guru and it's what he was brought here for.

He's made consistently bad decisions in a year and a half. People are so bias towards the coaches here refusing to admit they're bad even if they're consistently horrible, it's always somebody else's fault. Gase has been consistently horrible this year and the start of last year, nobody was making excuses for him when we were 1-4 but once the record turns winning again they all come out of hiding to say see, W-L! We should have lost a lot of those games and been 8-8 or 6-10 or 2-4 or 3-3 now.

Enough substance yet? All i ever post with but somehow it always gets ignored by people trying to refute it. If you're going to try and refute actual substance please actually say something other than, "W-L!" Gase supporters never have anything to actually say he's done good at, hasn't had a good offense, isn't good at game management, isn't good at decision making or talent evaluation, he certainly doesn't inspire anybody, so what has he done that's good? You can't just say "W-L" and say that's what makes him good because that's a joke of a statement because there's plenty of bad coaches who have won because of talent. You have to actually say what he's done that's good in order to give any proof that he's a good coach, it has to be based on merits, otherwise it's just cheer leading nonsense.

Last edited:
.... so what has he done that's good?

Gase, last year, coached a team that started poorly and ran off a few wins in a row and made it to the playoffs - with a team that was playing the back-ups to the back-ups. Right now, with all that has happened, the dolphins are 4-2.

Asiata must really suck. If he can't even provide competition vs. scrubs like Steen I don't know what to say.

Would be so nice to actually hit on a Olineman in the mid to late rounds for once instead of using 1st round picks on Olineman that aren't anything great. Can't believe it's that freaking hard to find lineman in the later rounds. Patriots sure seem to find a way for some freaking reason. Gets me sick those bastards always do things perfectly ‍♂️

It might be important to point out that this team needed players at a lot of positions before Gase came into the picture. Our drafts have provided upgrades in many positions. My point is you only have so many picks, or chances in FA to upgrade, can't fix it all at once. I would argue that we are more competitive now than in the last decade, and I would 'blame' Gase for that.

Asiata's position coach also pointed out that despite his size he was getting over powered by smaller DL. This ain't college where your size makes a difference.

I have said it many times, i can't remember in what threads, but tank came in because maxwell got injured, ajayi was forced to start because of arian foster leaving(credit to yessir on remembering that one). He was forced to fire the twins because 1-4 or 1-5 and endless examples of why they were killing us even though there was the same examples 2 or 3 seasons on tape beforehand. He even traded a quality ol starter for his guy that has been crappy when we had a young te that flashed and blocked last year when our ol was still and is still thin.

Never starting any of the youth last year at lb in favor of horrible vets that killed us game after game after game. Never playing drake this year even though he played great his first year, never using grant even though he's shown great play making ability, never throwing to the best long td pass guy in the league pre moore, always calling the same vanilla plays to the same players in almost every set, endless examples.

Keep in mind, I know of NO HCs who will start a rookie unless the rookie is clearly superior to the vet. In "very close" situations, the vet always wins. That's true in all sports. And if you want to talk bad coaches, BB HAS to be the worst by making Brady ride the pine til the starter was injured. Ummm, unless the backup just wasn't clearly superior. Look, I'm not a fan of all Gase's decisions, but improving the talent on the team in two years is something Dolphin fans haven't seen since WWII (exaggeration for affect). As for Tank, IIRC, when he was named starter, it was stated something similar to "he's still raw, but he's next man up" - NOT because he was deemed superior. FWIW, I was one pounding the table for an OG. And I've been quite critical of Gase's alleged play-calling. Yeah, he's made mistakes, but more hits than misses.

Asiata is definitely strong enough to play like he did in college in the nfl, he's one of the biggest strongest guards in the league, and that nastiness don't change, this whole thing reminds me of us getting rid of incognito because he wasn't soft enough. So what if he's somewhat bad in pass pro, he's amazing in run blocking which is like saying it's worth still having maxwell over tank and getting crappy cb play over a guy who is playing good and has made some mistakes. We can't run the ball right now and we try to force it every game still, if you're going to try to force the run game, at least put the run blocker you drafted in to do that. It's not like our starting guards aren't terrible either, given Asiata's tape alone he should be an auto insert over our guards, not to mention cutler has almost never thrown past two yards here so you don't need pass pro for that.

Can't say a guy is a bad player off one play, that's gase's mentality, remember he benched ajayi for a while one game for fumbling it which he rarely does, gase has no faith in his players, seemingly only sticking to bad players like cutler who he'll let throw up endless zero's because he doesn't want to look bad but bench ajayi for a rare mistake the second it happens(credit to somebody else for noticing that). Bobby has shown to be consistently bad over 2-3 years while verner has been consistently good before, couldn't be worse than bobby given verner has shown plenty before, plenty enough to be considered an obvious upgrade over bobby.

I love how people always cling to the w-l stat and ignore all the facts when it suits them, same garbage that happened with Sparano and Philbin because there is no real argument other than that stat to say he's a good coach. People that weren't bias weren't surprised that they ended up terribly, but all the people that supported all that bull for so many years acted all surprised when they finally got canned when it should have happened years earlier for both of them. Gase's offense has never been remotely impressive despite the fact that he's supposedly some guru and it's what he was brought here for.

He's made consistently bad decisions in a year and a half. People are so bias towards the coaches here refusing to admit they're bad even if they're consistently horrible, it's always somebody else's fault. Gase has been consistently horrible this year and the start of last year, nobody was making excuses for him when we were 1-4 but once the record turns winning again they all come out of hiding to say see, W-L! We should have lost a lot of those games and been 8-8 or 6-10 or 2-4 or 3-3 now.

Enough substance yet? All i ever post with but somehow it always gets ignored by people trying to refute it. If you're going to try and refute actual substance please actually say something other than, "W-L!" Gase supporters never have anything to actually say he's done good at, hasn't had a good offense, isn't good at game management, isn't good at decision making or talent evaluation, he certainly doesn't inspire anybody, so what has he done that's good? You can't just say "W-L" and say that's what makes him good because that's a joke of a statement because there's plenty of bad coaches who have won because of talent. You have to actually say what he's done that's good in order to give any proof that he's a good coach, it has to be based on merits, otherwise it's just cheer leading nonsense.

what a long post of dribble...

in more cases than less rookies get their chance to start over vets because of injury. the NFL is a league that rewards experience....

we brought in timmons, good move by gase...he's helped tremendously...

that quality OL you're talking about? he's still a free agent, meanwhile thomas is contributing to our offense even if it isn't by much....

he signed cutler to be the starter, and ran with him....he didn't pull him after 5 games when we're sitting at 3-2 even if it looked ugly...meanwhile against the jets, before he went out, he was playing pretty damn well...

drake has played this year, where have you been? hasn't earned the snaps..

i mean dude you are reaching so hard to try and roast a coach from your keyboard who has one of the best records in the nfl over the last 17 games.....you're so certain your boy asiata is such a quality player...and yet, can't even make the active roster....maybe you should go be a scout?

give me a break man, enjoy the dolphins actually WINNING games - because, we've won a lot of them recently.

You make a lot of assumptions sound like the Gospel. You have no idea how Asiata is doing and how ready he is to play - college tape means nothing at this point. You could spend days watching impressive tape of guys that are sitting at home waiting for a call from any team. Most won't get that call..impressive college tape or not.

Foster left cuz he saw the writing on the wall. He knew Ajayi was going to start over him. Maybe Ajayi needed that motivation to become the player he has been. And if you think it's crazy for a HC to sit a player that fumbles, you've not watched a lot of football...and I think he pulled Ajayi for a series...hardly a benching.

What young LBs last year? Hewitt played a lot. Hull was not ready but was forced into action. He's solid depth and ST. You have an issue with him not seeing the field more last year?? We hardly had young Lawrence Taylor sitting on the sideline. Not a McCain fan but what has Verner done that makes you so sure hes an upgrade in the slot. Gray plays; Davis plays; Drake plays; Each one likely needs to work through some mental challenge or limitation to earn more snaps...you have to earn the snaps.

We should have lost those game is a corollary to the Loser's Lament..."we should have won those games". Should haves also mean nothing. I should have been offered a multi million dollar acting gig in my 20s, but I did not for some reason.

The number 1 thing Gase has done is built a winning culture. The team expects and fights to win. It starts with him and he surrounds himself with players that buy into that. Most impressive about that fact is that we had the opposite before his arrival. We lost a lot of games we should have won. There are other decisions, including talent identification and use, that go into his success, but this post is getting long enough. I'll just say he has a lot of young guys playing prominent roles...

I think this is great time to give Issac a chance. I know they wanted to redshirt him, but they wanted that with Tank, and it doesnt always work out. If Steen can't go, and Davis has to play LT than I would love to see Issac get the nod. If he struggles we can bring in Brendel. You just never know what you have to you let them rip on Sundays.

You make a lot of assumptions sound like the Gospel. You have no idea how Asiata is doing and how ready he is to play - college tape means nothing at this point. You could spend days watching impressive tape of guys that are sitting at home waiting for a call from any team. Most won't get that call..impressive college tape or not.

Foster left cuz he saw the writing on the wall. He knew Ajayi was going to start over him. Maybe Ajayi needed that motivation to become the player he has been. And if you think it's crazy for a HC to sit a player that fumbles, you've not watched a lot of football...and I think he pulled Ajayi for a series...hardly a benching.

What young LBs last year? Hewitt played a lot. Hull was not ready but was forced into action. He's solid depth and ST. You have an issue with him not seeing the field more last year?? We hardly had young Lawrence Taylor sitting on the sideline. Not a McCain fan but what has Verner done that makes you so sure hes an upgrade in the slot. Gray plays; Davis plays; Drake plays; Each one likely needs to work through some mental challenge or limitation to earn more snaps...you have to earn the snaps.

We should have lost those game is a corollary to the Loser's Lament..."we should have won those games". Should haves also mean nothing. I should have been offered a multi million dollar acting gig in my 20s, but I did not for some reason.

The number 1 thing Gase has done is built a winning culture. The team expects and fights to win. It starts with him and he surrounds himself with players that buy into that. Most impressive about that fact is that we had the opposite before his arrival. We lost a lot of games we should have won. There are other decisions, including talent identification and use, that go into his success, but this post is getting long enough. I'll just say he has a lot of young guys playing prominent roles...

Everything was explained clearly, there is nothing complicated about it. To say Asiata isn't better than our guards is bs pure and simple, our guards are trash and he's a great run blocker, and all we do is run. He's one of the strongest guards, i think you tried to use that as an excuse and somebody mentioned his highest rep count among lineman, no, it couldn't be that it's obvious Gase can't recognize talent, it has to be all these other things that are obvious and all of a sudden they're not, bias bs.

Ajayi wasn't going to start over him, stop making excuses for Gase, if he was, he would have from the start. Gase doesn't get the credit because foster leaves, sorry that's weak reasoning.

To say hull and hewitt weren't better than those trash vet lbs that were starting is idiocy as well, those vets literally couldn't have been playing any worse and the youth showed signs when they actually got consistent reps, problem is gase never allows that unless forced to.

I already said what verner has showed and you gladly ignored everything I posted for the 5th time in a row. Gray should be starting, thomas has been trash receiving and he doesn't block, and we have blocking issues! There is zero possible argument there, but you still type junk trying to vindicate using no logic.

Drake doesn't play, he showed plenty last year to have way more reps, he's had like 10 all year. I see nothing but endless excuses for gase with no logic behind it, there's only facts to show that gase can't recognize talent, and none that shows he can. All these wishy washy joke responses from you, "they must have a mental problem, they would play if they deserved it." Endless crap made up to excuse gase for not being able to see the obvious. Don't give me this Gase changed the culture bs, campbell is the one that did that, he took Philbin's disaster area and completely flipped everything on its head and changed the attitude of hopelessness and misery to believing they can do anything, gase my ass. All gase has done is almost lose the team twice and get a lot of lucky wins and carried by Ajayi since he can't mount a productive offense with tons of talent because he play calls scared, gase could literally post 0's in 16 straight games and you would still make excuses for him and say its the players, insanity at its finest.

Are you really using Philbins highest incompetence ever and saying gase is slightly better as a positive? Seriously? You have zero proof of him recognizing talent, you've shown me nothing but a bunch of you wish gase was good responses and nothing that disproves my giant post explaining everything with facts. We lucked out on plenty of games and should have been a 500 or worse team both years. No, 3 teams missing 30 yd fgs to win it isn't luck, that's Gase!!! Us coming back down 14 and 17 because of the defense and the other team switching to safe mode and choking isn't luck, no its gase! Not to mention the 3 games last year I forgot as well, how many times did the defense pick a pass when they were on our 30 or closer with the score tied and no time left? No, not luck, that's Gase!!!! The guy who never touches the defense, but its still him!!!

I knew nobody would have any real responses with facts or logic to respond to my post, just Gase homering bull and "W-L, in gase we trust!!!" What a joke.

Last edited:
Everything was explained clearly, there is nothing complicated about it. To say Asiata isn't better than our guards is bs pure and simple, our guards are trash and he's a great run blocker, and all we do is run. He's one of the strongest guards, i think you tried to use that as an excuse and somebody mentioned his highest rep count among lineman, no, it couldn't be that it's obvious Gase can't recognize talent, it has to be all these other things that are obvious and all of a sudden they're not, bias bs.

Ajayi wasn't going to start over him, stop making excuses for Gase, if he was, he would have from the start. Gase doesn't get the credit because foster leaves, sorry that's weak reasoning.

To say hull and hewitt weren't better than those trash vet lbs that were starting is idiocy as well, those vets literally couldn't have been playing any worse and the youth showed signs when they actually got consistent reps, problem is gase never allows that unless forced to.

I already said what verner has showed and you gladly ignored everything I posted for the 5th time in a row. Gray should be starting, thomas has been trash receiving and he doesn't play, there is zero possible argument there, but you still type junk trying to vindicate using no logic.

Drake doesn't play, he showed plenty last year to have way more reps, he's had like 10 all year. I see nothing but endless excuses for gase with no logic behind it, there's only facts to show that gase can't recognize talent, and none that shows he can. All these wishy washy joke responses from you, "they must have a mental problem, they would play if they deserved it." Endless crap made up to excuse gase for not being able to see the obvious. Don't give me this Gase changed the culture bs, campbell is the one that did that, he took Philbin's disaster area and completely flipped everything on its head and changed the attitude of hopelessness and misery to believing they can do anything, gase my ***.

Are you really using Philbins highest incompetence ever and saying gase is slightly better as a positive? Seriously? You have zero proof of him recognizing talent, you've shown me nothing but a bunch of you wish gase was good responses and nothing that disproves my giant post explaining everything with facts. We lucked out on plenty of games and should have been a 500 or worse team both years. No, 3 teams missing 30 yd fgs to win it isn't luck, that's Gase!!! Us coming back down 14 and 17 because of the defense and the other team switching to safe mode and choking isn't luck, no its gase! Not to mention the 3 games last year I forgot as well, how many times did the defense pick a pass when they were on our 30 or closer with the score tied and no time left? No, not luck, that's Gase!!!! The guy who never touches the defense, but its still him!!!

I knew nobody would have any real responses with facts or logic to respond to my post, just Gase homering bull and "W-L, in gase we trust!!!" What a joke.
what a long post of dribble...

in more cases than less rookies get their chance to start over vets because of injury. the NFL is a league that rewards experience....

we brought in timmons, good move by gase...he's helped tremendously...

that quality OL you're talking about? he's still a free agent, meanwhile thomas is contributing to our offense even if it isn't by much....

he signed cutler to be the starter, and ran with him....he didn't pull him after 5 games when we're sitting at 3-2 even if it looked ugly...meanwhile against the jets, before he went out, he was playing pretty damn well...

drake has played this year, where have you been? hasn't earned the snaps..

i mean dude you are reaching so hard to try and roast a coach from your keyboard who has one of the best records in the nfl over the last 17 games.....you're so certain your boy asiata is such a quality player...and yet, can't even make the active roster....maybe you should go be a scout?

give me a break man, enjoy the dolphins actually WINNING games - because, we've won a lot of them recently.

Thanks for admitting im right.

Timmons was 3x more obvious the right move as tunsil was to draft, you don't get credit for that.

He's probably still a fa because of his contract, either way, he'd obviously be an upgrade on our line right now. We had blocking issues so we traded for more blocking issues, brilliant, and thomas does nil receiving, good job supporting that.

Cutler is trash, don't even remotely try to justify smokin zero's to anybody, especially not for 10m when Moore comes in and does moore in one quarter than cutler has all year.

Drake hasn't played jack, 5 or 10 snaps doesn't count, all it shows is you don't have an excuse for why he isn't being played yet you still try to post pointless things. Drake played great last year, the fact that he's not being used is because gase has no imagination and doesn't use anybody except the same people and the same plays literally 90% of his downs until he's forced to come out of his shell and try to win or he will lose.

Your Gase homerism is blatant and sad, his luck changed the record from what it should be and he's shown nothing that you can prove that shows he's a good hc, certainly not his offense which is what he was brought here for. Gase is getting carried by talent, plain and simple, and a dc who has almost no coaching experience is out coaching him x5. All you can say is "W-L!, hurr durr, you're dribble, hurr durr", while saying nothing of actual fact or logic in your response, like i said in my original post, if you have something to actually say, say it, otherwise, don't waste my time with blatant homerism and cheer leading. You have zero proof of why gase is a good coach, none while there is tons he is a bad to maybe decent at best coach.

Keep in mind, I know of NO HCs who will start a rookie unless the rookie is clearly superior to the vet. In "very close" situations, the vet always wins. That's true in all sports. And if you want to talk bad coaches, BB HAS to be the worst by making Brady ride the pine til the starter was injured. Ummm, unless the backup just wasn't clearly superior. Look, I'm not a fan of all Gase's decisions, but improving the talent on the team in two years is something Dolphin fans haven't seen since WWII (exaggeration for affect). As for Tank, IIRC, when he was named starter, it was stated something similar to "he's still raw, but he's next man up" - NOT because he was deemed superior. FWIW, I was one pounding the table for an OG. And I've been quite critical of Gase's alleged play-calling. Yeah, he's made mistakes, but more hits than misses.

If tank's play wasn't blatantly superior to maxwell, then I really can't give you better examples. Our starting guards are trash, what can be worse then putting in somebody who is really strong and good at run blocking when all we do is run? It certainly can't get any worse, t & t aren't coming back. Didn't brady replace bledsoe? Who was proven to be a good, high profile, highly paid qb, and brady was a no name late rounder, not to mention bb made brady, brady is an average player or backup without bb. BB literally makes every qb look like a hof that plays for him. How can you say he hits more than he misses when the negatives far outweigh the positives? I don't get it. Guy is a stick in the mud that play calls scared and makes bad decisions and keeps youth down, all the luck he has had and talent carrying him have severely distorted the truth about him to people who don't pay attention.

Last edited:

I already said what verner has showed and you gladly ignored everything I posted for the 5th time in a row. Gray should be starting, thomas has been trash receiving and he doesn't block, and we have blocking issues! There is zero possible argument there, but you still type junk trying to vindicate using no logic.

Drake doesn't play, he showed plenty last year to have way more reps, he's had like 10 all year. I see nothing but endless excuses for gase with no logic behind it, there's only facts to show that gase can't recognize talent, and none that shows he can. All these wishy washy joke responses from you, "they must have a mental problem, they would play if they deserved it." Endless crap made up to excuse gase for not being able to see the obvious. Don't give me this Gase changed the culture bs, campbell is the one that did that, he took Philbin's disaster area and completely flipped everything on its head and changed the attitude of hopelessness and misery to believing they can do anything, gase my ***. All gase has done is almost lose the team twice and get a lot of lucky wins and carried by Ajayi since he can't mount a productive offense with tons of talent because he play calls scared, gase could literally post 0's in 16 straight games and you would still make excuses for him and say its the players, insanity at its finest.

I think this "conversation" has gone as far as it can. I hope Asiata is able to break the starting line up and improve on the performance of our guards when he's ready. I'm confident that if he has goods, Miami's staff will develop it and get him ready.

You may want to consider following another team as I suspect Gase will be here a while. From your writing, that may be more than your constitution can bear.

Back
Top Bottom