Attention all fellow Dolphin fans in regards to the Jets! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention all fellow Dolphin fans in regards to the Jets!

Sorry, I can't seem to be able to post the info without it looking all retarded but if you go to the link I have from the bottom you will see how the Dolphin offense did during the season and how the passing game was more of a factor especially the last three weeks of the season.

I think it is safe to say the last five weeks of the season Henne carried the offense, not the running game (I'll even take away the last game of the season against Pitt even though the running game wasn't doing anything.

Other then Buffalo week 4 I fail to see to where the running game 'carried' the offense. If there was ever a team who's running carried the team it was the Jets.

I got the stats from www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2009.htm.

Games Henne was 200+yards his record was 3-4, that's not really carrying a team.

Last 5 games

Week 13 vs. NE - Miami was down 21-10 in the 3rd Q. (2 TD 1 INT)

Week 14 @ JAX - Miami 40 rushes - 146 yards. (0 TD 1 INT)

Week 15 @ TEN - Miami was down 24 -6 in the 3rd Q. (1 TD 3 INT)

Week 16 vs HOU - Miami was down 27 -0 in the 2nd Q. (1 TD 1 INT)

Week 17 vs PIT - Miami was down 27 -10 in the 4th Q. (2 TD 3 INT)

In the last five games for Miami, four of them Miami was down by at least two scores at one point in the game. Also, Henne threw 6 TD's and 9 INT's in the last five games. While his yardage was good, that's too many INT's late in the season. What that tells me is that they had to go to the pass game because teams were concentrating on the run game early and when the game was on the line late, Henne choked. I think it was a good lesson for him, but to say he looked good, especially since he lost the last three games when Miami controlled their own destiny, kinda stinks of homerism.

I swear some of our Dolphins fans are every bit as dumb as the claim the Jets fans to be. . THE JETS WERE IN AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. THEY ARE BETTER THAN WE ARE. THEY ARE VERY YOUNG AT THE CORE. WE BETTER START WORRYING ABOUT THE JETS. The 2 wins we got this year won't mean anything next year! You don't get to the championship game by some fluke. They had things go their way to get there but they took advantage once they did. Don't tell me after the first half of the AFC championship game you weren't just a little concerned!

Well I'm not a Dolphin fan but I still have to disagree. The Jets played two meaningfull games well. However the important thing is that the Jets season play was pretty bad, their offense couldn't score, and their smoke and mirrors defense gave up game wining drives two 4 below 500 teams in critical games. Feel free to disagree but as usual Jet fans will be spending their off-season planing Super Bowl parties only to find they have a 500 team. Even their managment is drinking the kool-aid, getting rid of their 1400 yard RB in an uncaped. They just took a position of strength and turned it into a bunch of??? They are now counting on a 3rd down RB coming off a major leg injury, and 2nd year player that was never able to stay healthy in college, and wasn't healthy in his fist year as a pro.

You had two teams that laid down for you and you played their back ups. :rolleyes:

Yes, you 'got' into the playoffs. Do you honestly think that you would have had the same luck had you played Tenn when they were hot or Pitt? I highly doubt that but you never know. You can only play the cards you are dealt with but please don't act like you guys deserved to make the playoffs because you didn't.

One team took out their starters in a close game in the 3rd qtr, the other team played their guys and were down 17-0 at the half and we easily beat them on the road the following week.

You guys choked, we took advantage.

One team took out their starters in a close game in the 3rd qtr, the other team played their guys and were down 17-0 at the half and we easily beat them on the road the following week.

You guys choked, we took advantage.

LOL.. 'Took Advantage'? Call it whatever you want, you guys won your two games from teams that were more worried about the playoffs then they were about that game they were in the middle of. No matter how you cut it that is exactly what happened. But yes, you 'took advantage'.

Regardless of what, the Jets are NO BETTER then the Dolphins right now based on what they did last season. Don't believe me? Then dig this thread up when you guys are hovering the middle of the AFCE.

LOL.. 'Took Advantage'? Call it whatever you want, you guys won your two games from teams that were more worried about the playoffs then they were about that game they were in the middle of. No matter how you cut it that is exactly what happened. But yes, you 'took advantage'.

Regardless of what, the Jets are NO BETTER then the Dolphins right now based on what they did last season. Don't believe me? Then dig this thread up when you guys are hovering the middle of the AFCE.

We have no idea how that Indy game ends if they don't take out their starters- would have likely lost? probabyl but we'll never know. Our road in 2009 was more difficult than your creampuff road late in 2008.

It's a new year, last year doesn't help us. We had the better year in 2009( better than any dolphins since since 1992) but that doesn't help us this year. we'll both have chances to earn it again, we'll see what happens.

Sorry, I can't seem to be able to post the info without it looking all retarded but if you go to the link I have from the bottom you will see how the Dolphin offense did during the season and how the passing game was more of a factor especially the last three weeks of the season.

I think it is safe to say the last five weeks of the season Henne carried the offense, not the running game (I'll even take away the last game of the season against Pitt even though the running game wasn't doing anything.

Other then Buffalo week 4 I fail to see to where the running game 'carried' the offense. If there was ever a team who's running carried the team it was the Jets.

Games Henne was 200+yards his record was 3-4, that's not really carrying a team.

Last 5 games

In the last five games for Miami, four of them Miami was down by at least two scores at one point in the game. Also, Henne threw 6 TD's and 9 INT's in the last five games. While his yardage was good, that's too many INT's late in the season. What that tells me is that they had to go to the pass game because teams were concentrating on the run game early and when the game was on the line late, Henne choked. I think it was a good lesson for him, but to say he looked good, especially since he lost the last three games when Miami controlled their own destiny, kinda stinks of homerism.

I'm assuming your point came to a grinding halt here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodriguez4096

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan

Last 5 games

I'm assuming your point came to a grinding halt here?

Please help me understand what you just posted, didn't you just prove my point with that post? I posted what I did because you said the running game carried the team. Please show me where, in what you posted, does it show the running game carried the team?

Now, when I said Henne carried the team, at no point did I say he was doing a great job and didn't make mistakes, he did. But the point was, because of the defense, the pressure was on his shoulders to make the offense move.

Sorry, I try not post too much over the weekends and waited till I got to work to have some free time to post to your response. Thank you.

Please help me understand what you just posted, didn't you just prove my point with that post? I posted what I did because you said the running game carried the team. Please show me where, in what you posted, does it show the running game carried the team?

Now, when I said Henne carried the team, at no point did I say he was doing a great job and didn't make mistakes, he did. But the point was, because of the defense, the pressure was on his shoulders to make the offense move.

Sorry, I try not post too much over the weekends and waited till I got to work to have some free time to post to your response. Thank you.

With your team being down by that much in 4 of the last 5 games, you had no choice to pass the ball. When you did, Henne was ineffective. Teams learned to attack your run game and let Henne try and beat you. When he did, he had the propensity to throw picks. Like I said, Henne showed some good flashes early on and I think he's going to be a pretty good QB for you guys, but let not try and make it seem like he was carrying anything. When the game was on the line and the run game wasn't working and his team was down he was 1-3 in 4 of the last 5 games.

With your team being down by that much in 4 of the last 5 games, you had no choice to pass the ball. When you did, Henne was ineffective. Teams learned to attack your run game and let Henne try and beat you. When he did, he had the propensity to throw picks. Like I said, Henne showed some good flashes early on and I think he's going to be a pretty good QB for you guys, but let not try and make it seem like he was carrying anything. When the game was on the line and the run game wasn't working and his team was down he was 1-3 in 4 of the last 5 games.

No. you are correct in regards to him not performing well. The reason I posted what I did was to prove to you that the running game didn't carry the team, whether it was purposely stopped by the defense or not. That was all.

Although that was Henne's second season in the NFL it was his first season playing meaningful games. He will learn from that and he will have the off-season to get his timing down with his WRs. He has shown potential, along with mistakes. At this point in time nobody can claim him to be great, good or bad. He is going to have all of off season and pre-season to get everything down with the offense.

I for one can't wait for next season to start.

I swear some of our Dolphins fans are every bit as dumb as the claim the Jets fans to be. . THE JETS WERE IN AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. THEY ARE BETTER THAN WE ARE. THEY ARE VERY YOUNG AT THE CORE. WE BETTER START WORRYING ABOUT THE JETS. The 2 wins we got this year won't mean anything next year! You don't get to the championship game by some fluke. They had things go their way to get there but they took advantage once they did. Don't tell me after the first half of the AFC championship game you weren't just a little concerned!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :earlyriser: 3-0 vs. the Jets the last three games.

We have no idea how that Indy game ends if they don't take out their starters- would have likely lost? probabyl but we'll never know. Our road in 2009 was more difficult than your creampuff road late in 2008.

It's a new year, last year doesn't help us. We had the better year in 2009( better than any dolphins since since 1992) but that doesn't help us this year. we'll both have chances to earn it again, we'll see what happens.

You just lost your one reliable running back in Thomas Jones to the Jets. :tongue2:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :earlyriser: 3-0 vs. the Jets the last three games.

I'll take 0-3 and an FC Title Game app vs. 3-0 and zero playoff wins.

You just lost your one reliable running back in Thomas Jones to the Jets. :tongue2:

Losing Jones hurts, I think he could have shared the load w/ Greene and leon but as long as leon returns we have 2 reliable RBs. Remember, the AFC Title Game basically ended when Greene got hurt. We just don't know if he can hold up for 16+ games.

Back
Top Bottom