Attention all fellow Dolphin fans in regards to the Jets! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention all fellow Dolphin fans in regards to the Jets!

He started out doing quite well (vs. Bills and Jets). He fell off, but I think he's got some pretty good upside.

he had a good 1st year, he surprised me. he did struggle late in the year BUT he gave examples of ,losing him to NO and Indy losing Brees and Manning. That's not really a good comparison.

You aren't calling Henne a great QB, are you?

No, I am not calling Henne a great QB. I was simply stating that what he pointed out in regards to us losing our starting QB would be the same as those teams losing their starting QB. The point is the value our starting QB to our team is the same as the value their (NO, Indy) QB is to them.

he had a good 1st year, he surprised me. he did struggle late in the year BUT he gave examples of ,losing him to NO and Indy losing Brees and Manning. That's not really a good comparison.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't you the same person who swears that Sanchez is a better QB then Henne right now? And that Sanchez has a higher ceiling then Henne? (Which I am still trying to understand what logic you use to come to that conclusion).

No, I am not calling Henne a great QB. I was simply stating that what he pointed out in regards to us losing our starting QB would be the same as those teams losing their starting QB. The point is the value our starting QB to our team is the same as the value their (NO, Indy) QB is to them.

So you are saying if Miami lost henne it would be equivalent to Indy losing Manning or NO losing Brees?:ohno:

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't you the same person who swears that Sanchez is a better QB then Henne right now? And that Sanchez has a higher ceiling then Henne? (Which I am still trying to understand what logic you use to come to that conclusion).

I felt all along Sanchez would be better, I think Henne had a better year but I think Sanchez will have the better career.

It's an opinion based on watching the 2 play, there wasn't such a difference btw the 2 that you could say one was by far better. Sanchez played his best when the games were biggest, Henne played his worst when the games were biggest. That bodes well for us.

So you are saying if Miami lost henne it would be equivalent to Indy losing Manning or NO losing Brees?:ohno:

Yes, yes I am saying that. Why? Because he is our starting QB and we don't have a good back up. How is that different then Indy or NO losing their starting QB? Who is their back up and is he capable? I don't get what you are trying to imply with asking that? I am not saying Henne is as good as either one of them. I am saying his value to THIS TEAM.

I felt all along Sanchez would be better, I think Henne had a better year but I think Sanchez will have the better career.

It's an opinion based on watching the 2 play, there wasn't such a difference btw the 2 that you could say one was by far better. Sanchez played his best when the games were biggest, Henne played his worst when the games were biggest. That bodes well for us.

Well, that is your opinion as a Jets fan and you are entitled to that. And you are so incorrect about Henne being at his worst with the games being biggest and Sanchez being at his best. But that is your view, through your eyes, so I am not even going to try and debate that with you.

We'll see this upcoming season how Sanchez does, in my opinion, he hasn't done anything yet to make me feel that you guys are in great shape at the QB level for the next 10yrs. He managed the game towards the end of the season, he wasn't asked to carry the team, like Henne was.

If the Jets decide to open up the playbook then you can see for yourself what he is capable of doing when he is asked to shoulder the game. Until now he hasn't done that, he has managed the game.

Well, that is your opinion as a Jets fan and you are entitled to that. And you are so incorrect about Henne being at his worst with the games being biggest and Sanchez being at his best. But that is your view, through your eyes, so I am not even going to try and debate that with you.

We'll see this upcoming season how Sanchez does, in my opinion, he hasn't done anything yet to make me feel that you guys are in great shape at the QB level for the next 10yrs. He managed the game towards the end of the season, he wasn't asked to carry the team, like Henne was.

If the Jets decide to open up the playbook then you can see for yourself what he is capable of doing when he is asked to shoulder the game. Until now he hasn't done that, he has managed the game.

Henne isn't established yet, you don't know if he will suck or be a good QB so it's silly to say losing him would be like NO losing Brees or Indy losing Manning. Considering you won the division w/o him the year prior I'm not sure how he could be as valuable as the other 2 are to their teams.

When Henne had no pressure his first month or so he was really good, when they needed him at his best late in the year he wasn't good. Sanchez played better than any rookie has ever played in postseason, he grew up when the games were at their biggest. That's a great sign and a great way to end a good rookie year. What Sanchez did as a rookie was alot harder than what henne did as a 2nd year player.

That's true. Henne doesn't carry the Dolphins offense, their run game does.

That's true. Henne doesn't carry the Dolphins offense, their run game does.

Sorry, I can't seem to be able to post the info without it looking all retarded but if you go to the link I have from the bottom you will see how the Dolphin offense did during the season and how the passing game was more of a factor especially the last three weeks of the season.

I think it is safe to say the last five weeks of the season Henne carried the offense, not the running game (I'll even take away the last game of the season against Pitt even though the running game wasn't doing anything.

Other then Buffalo week 4 I fail to see to where the running game 'carried' the offense. If there was ever a team who's running carried the team it was the Jets.

I got the stats from www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2009.htm.

Henne isn't established yet, you don't know if he will suck or be a good QB so it's silly to say losing him would be like NO losing Brees or Indy losing Manning. Considering you won the division w/o him the year prior I'm not sure how he could be as valuable as the other 2 are to their teams.

When Henne had no pressure his first month or so he was really good, when they needed him at his best late in the year he wasn't good. Sanchez played better than any rookie has ever played in postseason, he grew up when the games were at their biggest. That's a great sign and a great way to end a good rookie year. What Sanchez did as a rookie was alot harder than what henne did as a 2nd year player.

What Sanchez did??? Really?? LOL, he was asked to NOT lose the game. he managed it and did very well. Please help me understand WHAT Sanchez did that was 'a lot harder' then what Henne did as a 2nd year player?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SancMa00/gamelog/2009/
Here are Sanchez's stats. From week 10 on down PLEASE help me see what he did in the regular season to warrant what you just said about him.

If you want to talk about Playoffs then this is what he did:

1 17 2010-01-09 23-059 NYJ @ CIN W 24-14 12 15 80.0% 182 1 0 139.4 12.13 13.47 3 -2 -0.67 0 2 18 2010-01-17 23-067 NYJ @ SDG W 17-14 12 23 52.2% 100 1 1 60.1 4.35 3.26 1 -1 -1.00 0 3 19 2010-01-24 23-074 NYJ @ IND L 17-30 17 30 56.7% 257 2 1 93.3 8.57 8.40 2 1 0.50 0I will give you the Cincy game, which was more attributed to your D, but I won't even say that.

So again, please help me understand what it is you mean with that statement of yours. Thank you.

What Sanchez did??? Really?? LOL, he was asked to NOT lose the game. he managed it and did very well. Please help me understand WHAT Sanchez did that was 'a lot harder' then what Henne did as a 2nd year player?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SancMa00/gamelog/2009/
Here are Sanchez's stats. From week 10 on down PLEASE help me see what he did in the regular season to warrant what you just said about him.

If you want to talk about Playoffs then this is what he did:

1 17 2010-01-09 23-059 NYJ @ CIN W 24-14 12 15 80.0% 182 1 0 139.4 12.13 13.47 3 -2 -0.67 0 2 18 2010-01-17 23-067 NYJ @ SDG W 17-14 12 23 52.2% 100 1 1 60.1 4.35 3.26 1 -1 -1.00 0 3 19 2010-01-24 23-074 NYJ @ IND L 17-30 17 30 56.7% 257 2 1 93.3 8.57 8.40 2 1 0.50 0I will give you the Cincy game, which was more attributed to your D, but I won't even say that.

So again, please help me understand what it is you mean with that statement of yours. Thank you.

You lost all 3 games the last 3 weeks, that's kind of the point. It's great he put up some nice #s but they had a chance for postseason and lost all 3 games.

Playing as a rokkie taken in the top 5 w/ that pressure is much more difficult than sitting year 1 and starting your first game when your team is 0-3. henne had no pressure until late in the year and when he had presure he didn't play his best.

In postseason Sanchez was 41-68, 539 yds, 4 TDs and 2 INTs w/ a 92.7 rating. That is the best postseason ever by a rookie QB.

You can look at his overall #s in the reg season and they won't impress anyone but realize that he had 3 terrible games that skewed his #s. If you remove the NO game, at NE and vs. Buf his #s for the season look like this:

164-287. 2051 yds, 11 TDs, 8 INTs, 80.6 rating

Ok get off of Rex and the Jets Jocks... Why would I be worried when we handed it to them twice there is no exuses it was head up and we came out on top...

You lost all 3 games the last 3 weeks, that's kind of the point. It's great he put up some nice #s but they had a chance for postseason and lost all 3 games.

Playing as a rokkie taken in the top 5 w/ that pressure is much more difficult than sitting year 1 and starting your first game when your team is 0-3. henne had no pressure until late in the year and when he had presure he didn't play his best.

In postseason Sanchez was 41-68, 539 yds, 4 TDs and 2 INTs w/ a 92.7 rating. That is the best postseason ever by a rookie QB.

You can look at his overall #s in the reg season and they won't impress anyone but realize that he had 3 terrible games that skewed his #s. If you remove the NO game, at NE and vs. Buf his #s for the season look like this:

164-287. 2051 yds, 11 TDs, 8 INTs, 80.6 rating

1 - Come on, your blaming the last three losses on Henne? It's a team effort, he made mistakes but the losses aren't on his shoulder alone.

2 - Dude, he MANAGED the game. he DIDN'T do anything in a single game to warrant what you said about him doing this great or that great. As a WHOLE in the playoffs he managed the game well, congrats.

3 - So you want to play the game of removing terrible games to skew the numbers in his favor? Sorry, it doesn't work like that. He played those games, he did those things and that is part of his '09 season.

Again, you can bring up whatever numbers you want to and take away whatever you want but the point is honestly Sanchez has done no more for anyone, in their right mind, to think he has a a higher ceiling or has done more this season then Henne. That is your opinion and nothing more.

Ok get off of Rex and the Jets Jocks... Why would I be worried when we handed it to them twice there is no exuses it was head up and we came out on top...

You "handed it to them"? you won on a last second TD in one game and needed 3 non-offensive TDs to beat us in the 2nd game.

1 - Come on, your blaming the last three losses on Henne? It's a team effort, he made mistakes but the losses aren't on his shoulder alone.

2 - Dude, he MANAGED the game. he DIDN'T do anything in a single game to warrant what you said about him doing this great or that great. As a WHOLE in the playoffs he managed the game well, congrats.

3 - So you want to play the game of removing terrible games to skew the numbers in his favor? Sorry, it doesn't work like that. He played those games, he did those things and that is part of his '09 season.

Again, you can bring up whatever numbers you want to and take away whatever you want but the point is honestly Sanchez has done no more for anyone, in their right mind, to think he has a a higher ceiling or has done more this season then Henne. That is your opinion and nothing more.

It's not his fault by himself but he contributed, every game they started slow and he gets his share of the blame.

he was outstanding at Cincy and would have been better if Edwards didn't drop a bomb, at SD he made 2 GREAT plays that were huge in helping us win. He played excellent football in postseason and was a big reason why we made as far as we did.

he did play those terrible games but 3 games doesn't overshadow a good rookie season. those that watched him every week know he was good for a rookie and grew up in Janaury.

You guys are happy w/ your QB, we are happy w/ ours. There's a chance that both become good NFL QBs- time will tell.

You "handing" it to us :rolleyes: means nothing when you finish in third place and we make the playoffs.

You had two teams that laid down for you and you played their back ups. :rolleyes:

Yes, you 'got' into the playoffs. Do you honestly think that you would have had the same luck had you played Tenn when they were hot or Pitt? I highly doubt that but you never know. You can only play the cards you are dealt with but please don't act like you guys deserved to make the playoffs because you didn't.

Back
Top Bottom