Attention all fellow Dolphin fans in regards to the Jets! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention all fellow Dolphin fans in regards to the Jets!

:vaark:

all it means is that they were hotter than we were.. at the right time. They cry about losing Greene maybe making a difference .. hell, we lost Ronnie AND Cobb during the season. We had 8 or 9 starters out on IR or at one time or another.

What it boiled down to is that they were healthier and hotter at the right time also... so more power to them but don't be misled inferring it means more than that.

The NFL is largely about streaks and after backing in, they played a few nice games.. but no better than Denver did during their more impressive streak early in the season against some of the same teams like NE and Cinci, as well as trouncing Oakland also.

And that's all it means.

Stop the whining about injuries. We lost a ton of guys to injuries/suspensions but we OVERCAME it. We were the better team over the long haul of an NFL season, that's just a fact.

it has nothing to do with the jets. it has everything to do with the chargers choking. i dont care who the team was , jets,pats, ravens(minus bungals), i knew they were going to lose.i'll take it a step further and say if the steelers,texans,titans,fins made it they wouldve won that game too. nothing against the jets, but the chargers were just a very one dimensional team, shut down rivers and they are toast.

The Chargers didn't choke, we outplayed them. How many teams could slow down Rivers let alone shut him down?

Stop the whining about injuries. We lost a ton of guys to injuries/suspensions but we OVERCAME it. We were the better team over the long haul of an NFL season, that's just a fact.
Funny you should mention whining. I'll up that with an accusation of delusion. That's all I read on your 2 boards; the fairytale that better coverage on the Collie catch would have been the difference between going to the SB and ending up a bride's maid again, ditto the loss of Greene, the mental masturbation that if Jenkins was there going "through the front door" Peyton would have no outlets to exploit, and yada yada yada. All your homers forget to mention that Peyton and 2 late round draft picks, one from a Div 3 school made your D look like Swiss cheese, that if Peyton played in the second half of the 15th game, you'd be sitting on the sidelines from the get-go, and that if Sanders and Gonzales were as available as Jenkins and Greene in this wistful "what if", the score would have been even more lopsided. So I guess homerism is in the eye of the beholder: in this case a pukish green hue.

The Chargers didn't choke, we outplayed them. How many teams could slow down Rivers let alone shut him down?

Denver outplayed them too, outplayed Romo, outplayed Palmer also the first time they faced them in running up a 6-0 record. You were just at the right place at the right time to back in but by no means had more of an impressive showing than Josh McDaniels and his overachieving Broncos through their hot stretch.

Denver outplayed them too, outplayed Romo, outplayed Palmer also the first time they faced them in running up a 6-0 record. You were just at the right place at the right time to back in but by no means had more of an impressive showing than Josh McDaniels and his overachieving Broncos through their hot stretch.

Every fanbase has homers but how is this relevant? Did I say if we broke up the pass to collie then we would have won? You are all over the place.

I wish Anthony Gonzalez was healthy, there's no way he's better than garcon.

We lost to a better team, I never said we lost b/c of injuries, Greene going down certainly hurt us but the better team won. I am not whining like you are. We had a ton of injuries and suspensions and we made the title game while you guys finihsed at 7-9.

You are really comparing a game from the first 6 weeks of the season to a divisonal round playoff game? :lol2:Stick to the photoshops

Every fanbase has homers but how is this relevant? Did I say if we broke up the pass to collie then we would have won? You are all over the place.

I wish Anthony Gonzalez was healthy, there's no way he's better than garcon.

You don't realize do you that against your D, gonzalez would out-garcon garcon, or are you, in typical form, delusionally attributing super qualities to a div 3 late draft round player?

We lost to a better team, I never said we lost b/c of injuries, Greene going down certainly hurt us but the better team won. I am not whining like you are. We had a ton of injuries and suspensions and we made the title game while you guys finihsed at 7-9.

You are really comparing a game from the first 6 weeks of the season to a divisonal round playoff game? :lol2:Stick to the photoshops

i'm merely comparing 1 hot streak to another..including not only the same teams but also a better team to underscore that when it happens doesn't mean it'll happen again -or prove anything significant for that matter. It's true you were 7-7-2 while we were 7-9 so you got me there, but really, the point is, if you're gonna keep spinning, best to do it amongst your fellow delusionals at JI and/or TGG. At FH, we're not eskimos, so stop trying to sell us ice.

vmq2s0-1.jpg

i'm merely comparing 1 hot streak to another..including not only the same teams but also a better team to underscore that when it happens doesn't mean it'll happen again -or prove anything significant for that matter. It's true you were 7-7-2 while we were 7-9 so you got me there, but really, the point is, if you're gonna keep spinning, best to do it amongst your fellow delusionals at JI and/or TGG. At FH, we're not eskimos, so stop trying to sell us ice.

The better teams have hot streaks when it matters in dec and january. We were pretty hot starting 8-3 in 2008 but we folded when it mattered.

There's nothing to spin, we were in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. We were one of the final 4 teams alive.

I think its funny how the Jest fans think that they really (and you know exactly what I mean) beat the Colts in week 15. Get your head out of your a** and go crawl back under the Brooklyn bridge or something.

I think its funny how the Jest fans think that they really (and you know exactly what I mean) beat the Colts in week 15. Get your head out of your a** and go crawl back under the Brooklyn bridge or something.

I think it's funny how jealous dolphin fans try to minimize what the Jets did by reaching a level in the postseason that Miami has not reached since 1992.

No jealousy here, I don't give a sh*t what your gay green team does. Until you when a Superbowl in modern times you don't mean anything to the Dolphins or anybody else. So Congrats on your nice lose to the Colts in AFC championship game, which should have been in week 15.

No jealousy here, I don't give a sh*t what your gay green team does. Until you when a Superbowl in modern times you don't mean anything to the Dolphins or anybody else. So Congrats on your nice lose to the Colts in AFC championship game, which should have been in week 15.

You can lie about it all you want but we all know you were jealous, it's natural.

Its funny how one team can go 7-9 and finish in 3rd place in the AFC East and the other team can play in the AFC Championship game and the fans of the 7-9 team will all say their team is better.

You were better when you played us. But like junc said teams change throughout the course of the season and you played us in the first half.

Its funny how one team can go 7-9 and finish in 3rd place in the AFC East and the other team can play in the AFC Championship game and the fans of the 7-9 team will all say their team is better.

You were better when you played us. But like junc said teams change throughout the course of the season and you played us in the first half.
You can not deny though that while you did overcome some challenges you had a lot handed to you. The Colts laid down in Week 16 and HANDED you that victory while Miami had to play a Colts team at full strength in Week 2. The Bengals, while player starters, really did not give you their best in Week 17. They had nothing to play for and basically spent the game just watching the clock waiting for the season to end.

If the Colts played their starters and the Bengals had something to play for, it is very possible the Jets finish the season also at 7-9. Just like if the Texans and Steelers didn't have anything to play for final two weeks, Miami could have been the team that went 9-7 and went to the playoffs.

The Jets did overcome a lot of injuries during the season, but don't act like the Dolphins didn't have any significant injuries either. Ferguson, Will Allen, Cobbs, Brown, Pennington just to name a few. Plus our starting center Grove missed a bunch of games.

It doesn't matter how Miami beat the Jets whether it was by 60 points or by 1 point, the fact is Miami beat the Jets. End of story. Who cares if the Dolphins had to score three non-offensive touchdowns to beat the Jets in the second game? They may have had to do that, but they DID IT. Defense and Special Teams are just as important as the offensive side of the ball. You don't get any less points by scoring a touchdown on defense or with special teams, it all counts the same.

Miami didn't capitalize on some things that the Jets seemed to this past season and Miami surely wasn't handed any games during the season like the Jets were. That is the difference between the two teams and the main reason why the Jets made the postseason and the Dolphins did not. The Jets played very well in the playoffs, and I can not take anything away from them there, they had great momentum and they carried it through the first two games. Of course once they faced a full strength Colts team, unlike what they faced Week 16, they got shredded. If Miami was able to beat the Texans and Steelers the final two weeks it is possible that momentum could have carried the Dolphins also. We will really never know though.

Head to head though, Miami is the better team. Take away all the games the Jets were handed and their overall records, and Miami fields the better team, no question about it. Again, doesn't matter that they scored three non-offensive touchdowns to win that game, the fact is they did. Winning three straight against the Jets is strong proof who the better team head to head really is.

I feel what ur saying,but u dont think they want us as bad as we want them? All playoffs I have been pissed because we had a chance to beat one of super bowl contenders, but then I think damn we beat the AFC runner up twice and we finshed 7-9, thats the only plus we got going into 2010... Dont forget the Pats aint going away yeah they might of showed weakness, but they wont go with out a bang!!! I dont see the Jets back in the playoffs next season, really dont!!!!!!

Nate Kaeding got the Jets to the AFC Championship.

But I agree that we should worry about the Jets. It was amazing that we beat them in New York, lol. Good thing there was such a thing as special teams.

you look up fluke in the dictionary and it's the jets in the AFC championship...

now that's a FLUKE, the jets being 6-10 next year is the norm. Jet's had a nice win against the chargers, but then again every dog has it's day, they won a a game the colts were playing like preseason and beat a beat up bengals team once[, that's all they got going.

Back
Top Bottom