Attention all fellow Dolphin fans in regards to the Jets! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention all fellow Dolphin fans in regards to the Jets!

I think you are mistaking me as being a Jets fan, I'm not. I'm a Bills fan. I'm looking at the Dolphins and seeing all of the holes they have (LB's and DB's, WR's, TE's). I just think the amount you guys have to patch up is more than what a team can do in an offseason. The Jets are young, they finished the season very strong and look good for the foreseeable future.

Wasn't Mike Nolan the DC of the Broncos, a team that went 2-8 to finish the year? He may turn it around, he may not. But to brag as it's assured is quite myopic. Miami doesn't seem to be a team turning for the better, that's just my opinion.

Dude Bills are Swiss cheese right now when it comes to holes...

They have No..Lt, Rt, Guard( Mangled Leg)..No qb...

They have a bust of a De..Aaron Maybin..

These are just a few...

Man I cant wait for the Bills to move to Toronto

Dude Bills are Swiss cheese right now when it comes to holes...

They have No..Lt, Rt, Guard( Mangled Leg)..No qb...

They have a bust of a De..Aaron Maybin..

These are just a few...

Man I cant wait for the Bills to move to Toronto

Great. What does that have to do with Miami's holes that they need to be filled? You might get 1, maybe two wins vs. the Bills. What about the other 14 games?

Way to deflect, BTW......

Great. What does that have to do with Miami's holes that they need to be filled? You might get 1, maybe two wins vs. the Bills. What about the other 14 games?

Basically saying worry about your own holes..

we will settle everything else on the football field..

When was the last time the Bills made the playoffs??

When was the last time they won a super bowl?

I think you are mistaking me as being a Jets fan, I'm not. I'm a Bills fan. I'm looking at the Dolphins and seeing all of the holes they have (LB's and DB's, WR's, TE's). I just think the amount you guys have to patch up is more than what a team can do in an offseason. The Jets are young, they finished the season very strong and look good for the foreseeable future.

I would say these are 2 of our needs...

Te not really a great need..

Anthony Fasano is great for what we do not to mention we got him for pratically nothing...

Wr..is a need...Its not a huge need but we can solve it with one player...

The corp as a whole is set...we just need that one guy...

Db's we drafted 3 last year... Maybe you could say we need a Fs..
But we have Chris Clemons....That's kinda of a reach there

Did you Watch Football last year?

We went 4 and 2 in the divison..

We lost to the Pats 1 time and lost to the Bills...

Now all of sudden were going to have double digit losses...

Were not the Bills...Maybe if our team was made of glass like the Bills we would have double digit losses...

But I dont see that coming

You just seem hellbent on wanting to point out flaws (even if you exaggerate). If there were at least reasons you put down as to WHY you think the Dolphins have holes at these positions I could at least understand as to why you think that. But you just spit out positions and say we have holes there.

Just try and bring something more to the table with an argument, at least (this pains me), junc brings info with his replies (even if he's looking at it through green color glasses).

Basically saying worry about your own holes..

we will settle everything else on the football field..

When was the last time the Bills made the playoffs??

When was the last time they won a super bowl?

So, I shouldn't have an opinion on the Dolphins? Are you suggesting the Dolphins are better than the Bills? If that's the case, what gives you the right to have an opinion on the Jets, who are better than the Dolphins?

Anthony Fasano is great for what we do not to mention we got him for pratically nothing...

You forgot LB's. Arguably, the worst in the NFL last year.

You just seem hellbent on wanting to point out flaws (even if you exaggerate). If there were at least reasons you put down as to WHY you think the Dolphins have holes at these positions I could at least understand as to why you think that. But you just spit out positions and say we have holes there.

Just try and bring something more to the table with an argument, at least (this pains me), junc brings info with his replies (even if he's looking at it through green color glasses).

I'm not really hell bent. I've just been reading posts that are similar to a cheerleading session for the fish here. I know that the Bills have some major work. Miami was the biggest choke team in the 4th Quarter last year. Your D needs a lot of work, IMO. LB's were easily your achilles heel. That will take time to fix.

Henne filled in very nice after Pennington went down, but now what? What if he goes down? Thigpen? White?

I brought up TE because with a young QB, a solid TE makes their job a lot easier. Fasano is good, but not great. If Henne struggles, he'll need to step up his game.

WR are OK, but you lack a true #1. Sure Bess is OK in the slot and Camarillo is a nice possession guy, but that is not a WR corp to hang your hat on.

On the plus side, your OL, DL and RB's should keep you in most of your games. Fix the weak spots, and you may prove me wrong.

Did you Watch Football last year?

We went 4 and 2 in the divison..

We lost to the Pats 1 time and lost to the Bills...

Now all of sudden were going to have double digit losses...

Were not the Bills...Maybe if our team was made of glass like the Bills we would have double digit losses...

But I dont see that coming

I don't expect you will lose double digit games but to act like it can't happen is foolish. Things change so quickly in the NFL that nothing should surprise anyone.

It doesn't matter what you got fasano for, he's a quality backup who happens to be starting for you- you need help there.

I don't think you need a star WR but I think you need better depth, then agin it depends on Brown and Ricky. If Brown is healthy and Ricky doesn't continue to wear down you'll be a run team first and won't need as much help at WR but if Brown isn't himself and Ricky looks like he did last december then you will be forced to throw alot more.

I think you guys are fine on the lines(every team could always use a little more help on the lines whether for depth or not), you desperately need LB help, you need help in the secondary as well though if the young guys step up you'll need less of it.

Every team has holes, I expect IF henne takes a step forward that you will compete for the division. henne has to prove he was more like the guy at midseason than late in the year though.

Henne did kind of as expected. Just like a young QB's, the more film teams get on them, the more they are forced to do the tings they don't really want to do. Unfortunately Henne didn't have much help from the recuiever position.

Definately need an upgrade at the LB spot. Inside especially. If we can get hold of Dansby, the inside should be fine and will free up the #12 spot for either rush backer or WR. I'm not opposed to grabbing a Rb in the first 3 rounds if we can unload Ronnie for a 2nd or 3rd.

Switching to a 3-4 may save Maybin from being a bust. He was too small to be a 4-3 end, but should be a good fit as a 3-4 OLB.

I'm not really hell bent. I've just been reading posts that are similar to a cheerleading session for the fish here. I know that the Bills have some major work. Miami was the biggest choke team in the 4th Quarter last year. Your D needs a lot of work, IMO. LB's were easily your achilles heel. That will take time to fix.

Henne filled in very nice after Pennington went down, but now what? What if he goes down? Thigpen? White?

I brought up TE because with a young QB, a solid TE makes their job a lot easier. Fasano is good, but not great. If Henne struggles, he'll need to step up his game.

WR are OK, but you lack a true #1. Sure Bess is OK in the slot and Camarillo is a nice possession guy, but that is not a WR corp to hang your hat on.

On the plus side, your OL, DL and RB's should keep you in most of your games. Fix the weak spots, and you may prove me wrong.

Bold 1 - Let's think about this sentence for a second. If you are saying that as a negative towards the Dolphins then wouldn't the same be held true of the Colts or Saints or any other team with a great QB? What if Payton goes down, who do they have?

Bold 2 - Not everyone has a 'great' TE. Fasano is a very good blocker and has been reliable but disappears too much too often for me but does do well on this team.

LB is def our problem now but that's the magic of FA and the draft, it allows us to address these issues. That's why it's funny to hear people say that 'well your team had a hole here or a hole there and because of that you'll be the same or worst next year."

Things change every single year and teams that aren't on the radar one year are the following. I have all the faith in the world that the Dolphins are in very good hands and we'll be in position to improve this off season.

The Jets are not even close to being ahead of any team in the AFC, except maybe the Bills due to all the changes you guys are making from coaching on down. In my opinion the Dolphins, Pats and Jets are all about even in terms of beating each other. But this off season will go a long way to defining who will be in the best position to fend for the AFC East crown.

Bold 1 - Let's think about this sentence for a second. If you are saying that as a negative towards the Dolphins then wouldn't the same be held true of the Colts or Saints or any other team with a great QB? What if Payton goes down, who do they have?

Bold 2 - Not everyone has a 'great' TE. Fasano is a very good blocker and has been reliable but disappears too much too often for me but does do well on this team.

LB is def our problem now but that's the magic of FA and the draft, it allows us to address these issues. That's why it's funny to hear people say that 'well your team had a hole here or a hole there and because of that you'll be the same or worst next year."

Things change every single year and teams that aren't on the radar one year are the following. I have all the faith in the world that the Dolphins are in very good hands and we'll be in position to improve this off season.

The Jets are not even close to being ahead of any team in the AFC, except maybe the Bills due to all the changes you guys are making from coaching on down. In my opinion the Dolphins, Pats and Jets are all about even in terms of beating each other. But this off season will go a long way to defining who will be in the best position to fend for the AFC East crown.

I understand why you feel that way, but let's face it, Miami gets more hype than anyone else. Jets and Pats should be the only two in contention for the AFC East crown next year. Of course, it's way too early to forecast anything, but as it stands right now, the Dolphins and Bills should be battling for the bottom of the division.

You aren't calling Henne a great QB, are you?

Back
Top Bottom