Attention all fellow Dolphin fans in regards to the Jets! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention all fellow Dolphin fans in regards to the Jets!

you look up fluke in the dictionary and it's the jets in the AFC championship...

now that's a FLUKE, the jets being 6-10 next year is the norm. Jet's had a nice win against the chargers, but then again every dog has it's day, they won a a game the colts were playing like preseason and beat a beat up bengals team once[, that's all they got going.

A fluke would be your division title the year before which was your first postseason app in7 years. Things were back to normal last year:lol:

Who gives a ****?!?!? Lets just be glad 2 yrs in a row it wasn't NE....when was the last time that happened?

You know what's funny? How these Jets fan talk about their team being better even though we beat them 3 in a row. Remind me someone, HOW OFTEN were the Jets fan reminding us they beat us this many times in a row? Even though they would win 4-6 games a year but in those wins they would be beating us.

Wow how times have changed. Not their tune is 'the better team made the playoffs' and all that other non-sense. At the end of the day it's if you won the championship or not and neither the Fins or Jets did that. This year accomplishments means NOTHING towards next year.

The Jets managed to get hot at the right time, they didn't decide to turn it on, everything just managed to fall into place. That's it, that's why I could care less what these Jets fan think of their team. Listening to them now it's like they EXPECT to be in the championship again next year. Can't wait to hear what excuse they will have ready when that doesn't happen.

You know what's funny? How these Jets fan talk about their team being better even though we beat them 3 in a row. Remind me someone, HOW OFTEN were the Jets fan reminding us they beat us this many times in a row? Even though they would win 4-6 games a year but in those wins they would be beating us.

Wow how times have changed. Not their tune is 'the better team made the playoffs' and all that other non-sense. At the end of the day it's if you won the championship or not and neither the Fins or Jets did that. This year accomplishments means NOTHING towards next year.

The Jets managed to get hot at the right time, they didn't decide to turn it on, everything just managed to fall into place. That's it, that's why I could care less what these Jets fan think of their team. Listening to them now it's like they EXPECT to be in the championship again next year. Can't wait to hear what excuse they will have ready when that doesn't happen.

Did you just step out of a time machine? It's been a long time since we were bad and still beating you while you were making the playoffs. 3 in a row is nice, we beat you 8 in a row in the late 90s-earely 00s, we have still owend you guys for a long time. Congrats on the sweep but I'll take a title game app over a swepp opf Miami any day.

It's hard to get to the title game, the chances are we won't be back but we made it this year and I loved every second of the postseason journey.

Did you just step out of a time machine? It's been a long time since we were bad and still beating you while you were making the playoffs. 3 in a row is nice, we beat you 8 in a row in the late 90s-earely 00s, we have still owend you guys for a long time. Congrats on the sweep but I'll take a title game app over a swepp opf Miami any day.

It's hard to get to the title game, the chances are we won't be back but we made it this year and I loved every second of the postseason journey.

The point I was trying to make it that it didn't matter TO THE JETS that we (DOLPHINS) were making the playoffs. You guys just LOVED talking the fact that you had beaten us and had swept us. Please help me understand how often(in the last 5yrs) have the Jets finished ahead of the Dolphins in the AFC EAST?

The point again is when we were making it in the playoffs the Jets ONLY focused on discussing how they beat us. And now that the shoe is on the other foot the "Congrats on the sweep but I'll take a title game app over a swepp opf Miami any day." is being used? Jets fans are just too funny with how they spin everything in their favor.

The point I was trying to make it that it didn't matter TO THE JETS that we (DOLPHINS) were making the playoffs. You guys just LOVED talking the fact that you had beaten us and had swept us. Please help me understand how often(in the last 5yrs) have the Jets finished ahead of the Dolphins in the AFC EAST?

The point again is when we were making it in the playoffs the Jets ONLY focused on discussing how they beat us. And now that the shoe is on the other foot the "Congrats on the sweep but I'll take a title game app over a swepp opf Miami any day." is being used? Jets fans are just too funny with how they spin everything in their favor.

In the last 5 years we have finished ahead of Miami 3 times, We had 4 playoff wins this past decade you had 1. We had 5 playoff apps you had 3.

I don't care what jealous people focused on, it's better to get further in the playoffs than sweep a reg season opponent.

When were we using the reg season sweeps? 1998? we swept you and made the title game, you lost 38-3 in your playoff loss. 1999? We swept you in the last 4 games of the season and you lost in the playoffs 62-7- oh and we did it w/ RAY LUCAS so yeah we had something to crow about. In 2000? We swept you and even though we had the Mon Night Miracle we didn't have much to crow about since we choked away a playoff spot. '01? we swepy you and both made the playoffs, our playoff loss was closer that yours. 2004? we swept you and we were a kick away from the title game. 2006? we swept you and we made the playoffs, 2007? we swept you but we both sucked. Do we go back to the 80s and 90s? 1991 we swept you and beat you the final week to make the playoffs over you, 1993 we swept you but both our teams choked awaya a playoff spot. 1988 we swept you- you finished in last place.

i'm not sure what you are looking for. The bottom line is we reached a point in the season that you huys haven't since 1992 so obviously it's not easy to do. You can act jealous and petty and find different excuses or you can act like an adult congratulate us and move on hoping you beat us again and you get to that point next year.

In the last 5 years we have finished ahead of Miami 3 times, We had 4 playoff wins this past decade you had 1. We had 5 playoff apps you had 3.

I don't care what jealous people focused on, it's better to get further in the playoffs than sweep a reg season opponent.

When were we using the reg season sweeps? 1998? we swept you and made the title game, you lost 38-3 in your playoff loss. 1999? We swept you in the last 4 games of the season and you lost in the playoffs 62-7- oh and we did it w/ RAY LUCAS so yeah we had something to crow about. In 2000? We swept you and even though we had the Mon Night Miracle we didn't have much to crow about since we choked away a playoff spot. '01? we swepy you and both made the playoffs, our playoff loss was closer that yours. 2004? we swept you and we were a kick away from the title game. 2006? we swept you and we made the playoffs, 2007? we swept you but we both sucked. Do we go back to the 80s and 90s? 1991 we swept you and beat you the final week to make the playoffs over you, 1993 we swept you but both our teams choked awaya a playoff spot. 1988 we swept you- you finished in last place.

i'm not sure what you are looking for. The bottom line is we reached a point in the season that you huys haven't since 1992 so obviously it's not easy to do. You can act jealous and petty and find different excuses or you can act like an adult congratulate us and move on hoping you beat us again and you get to that point next year.

No, the bottom line is that REGARDLESS of the fact that you BACKED INTO the playoffs and managed to get LUCKY that the SD kicker missed FG instead doesn't make your team better then ours right now. You went further and took advantage that teams rested their starters, CONGRATS on that. Your just blind to that and think somehow because your team got hot at the right time makes them all of a sudden better then us now.

At the end of the day BOTH of our teams finished the same, not winning the SB, that's the point of the season right? The moves our teams do this off season will determine if this rivalry takes another set up. I, for one, cannot wait to see the first match up against you guys again.

When Miami has double digit losses next year, what do you guys plan on rallying around? I see Miami having huge problems next year. Go ahead and try and trash the Bills here, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Miami is just not really that good.

The Jets should be the AFC East favorites in 2010, and for good reason.

No, the bottom line is that REGARDLESS of the fact that you BACKED INTO the playoffs and managed to get LUCKY that the SD kicker missed FG instead doesn't make your team better then ours right now. You went further and took advantage that teams rested their starters, CONGRATS on that. Your just blind to that and think somehow because your team got hot at the right time makes them all of a sudden better then us now.

At the end of the day BOTH of our teams finished the same, not winning the SB, that's the point of the season right? The moves our teams do this off season will determine if this rivalry takes another set up. I, for one, cannot wait to see the first match up against you guys again.

and there are the whiny excuses, if it is so easy to do waht the jets did then how come you haven't reached that point since 1992?

There is no such thing as backing in to the playoffs, you either win the games you need to win or you don't. Miami and other teams controlled their owen destiny in the final 3-4 weeks but they couldn't take care of business and allowed us to then take control of our destiny and we won our way in and won 2 playoff games- the last time Miami won 2 playoff games in a single postseason was 1984.

But hey you swept us so you can print those t-shirts and enjoy that- I'd rather play deep into January and feb if possible.

I agree w/ your last sentence. The rivalry is as hot now as it has been in a long time and I look forward to getting some revenge.

When Miami has double digit losses next year, what do you guys plan on rallying around? I see Miami having huge problems next year. Go ahead and try and trash the Bills here, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Miami is just not really that good.

Lol @ a Bills fan talking trash about Miami!!!!

Lol @ a Bills fan talking trash about Miami!!!!

Like I said, say what you want about the Bills. You are only taking attention away from the point at hand, that your team has some glaring holes that needs addressing. Sure the Bills are rebuilding, but you don't see me here with the temerity to try and trash a team that made it to the AFCGC. The Jets are a sound, young team that needs very little to compete on a solid level in 2010. What makes you think Miami is going to be able to compete? Do you think they will stop being the biggest 4th Quarter choke team in the NFL? Sure you guys have young talent in key spots, but the holes you need filled won't happen in one off-season.

Please help me with this. What, about the Dolphins, tells you that they will have double digit losses?

Next season is next season, so whatever any did this past season doesn't mean Sh-t going into the new season. It is how the team drafts, who they get in free agency and how they gel. Far too many teams have made it to the Superbowl, lost it, and haven't even made it back to the playoffs the following season.

The point I am trying to make is just because you had a "successful" season before doesn't mean you are just automatically gonna have one again.

The scheme the Jets employed on defense took advantage of what they had. That doesn't mean that individually had better personal (not including Reeves). The Dolphins have Mike Nolan who has plenty of experience turning a D around. And please let me not hear one Jet's fan say otherwise regarding that a D coordinator can't perform a miracle, because he (Rex) did just that with the jets this season.

This is an otherwise moot point. Whatever our teams do this off season will impact what happens next season, not what the teams did last season. If you are of that mindset then there are going to be some disappointed people out there.

Please help me with this. What, about the Dolphins, tells you that they will have double digit losses?

Next season is next season, so whatever any did this past season doesn't mean Sh-t going into the new season. It is how the team drafts, who they get in free agency and how they gel. Far too many teams have made it to the Superbowl, lost it, and haven't even made it back to the playoffs the following season.

The point I am trying to make is just because you had a "successful" season before doesn't mean you are just automatically gonna have one again.

The scheme the Jets employed on defense took advantage of what they had. That doesn't mean that individually had better personal (not including Reeves). The Dolphins have Mike Nolan who has plenty of experience turning a D around. And please let me not hear one Jet's fan say otherwise regarding that a D coordinator can't perform a miracle, because he (Rex) did just that with the jets this season.

This is an otherwise moot point. Whatever our teams do this off season will impact what happens next season, not what the teams did last season. If you are of that mindset then there are going to be some disappointed people out there.

Mike Nolan is good, he's not rex Ryan. It's not a coincidence that rex had the #1 D the last 2 years w/ 2 different teams. Next year we get back kris Jenkins and everyone has a year's experience in the system.

I think you are mistaking me as being a Jets fan, I'm not. I'm a Bills fan. I'm looking at the Dolphins and seeing all of the holes they have (LB's and DB's, WR's, TE's). I just think the amount you guys have to patch up is more than what a team can do in an offseason. The Jets are young, they finished the season very strong and look good for the foreseeable future.

Wasn't Mike Nolan the DC of the Broncos, a team that went 2-8 to finish the year? He may turn it around, he may not. But to brag as it's assured is quite myopic. Miami doesn't seem to be a team turning for the better, that's just my opinion.

Mike Nolan is good, he's not rex Ryan. It's not a coincidence that rex had the #1 D the last 2 years w/ 2 different teams. Next year we get back kris Jenkins and everyone has a year's experience in the system.

You gotta give Nolan some credit...

He took a pretty bad Denver D and turned it around...

Rex Ryan already had pro bowlers in place..

Back
Top Bottom