Barkley press conference at 4 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barkley press conference at 4

rumors circulating around Twitter are that Wilson, Osweiler, Aaron Murray, and Geno Smith are all heavily considering declaring for the draft.

There is nothing EMBARRASING about wanting a better team.

And an 0-17 team, getting a QB that may or may not be the next elite QB will guarantee a better team? Really? I want to see my team play for now,this moment where they CAN control what happens, not hope to get in position of a draft to pick player, and and hope he lives up to people's expectations.

Not a surprise that he is staying, but I really wanted this kid in play for the upcomming draft.

Is Aaron Murray gonna think about jumping?

rumors circulating around Twitter are that Wilson, Osweiler, Aaron Murray, and Geno Smith are all heavily considering declaring for the draft.

As far as Murray is concerned I am about 95% certain he has already come right out and all but swore, publicly, that he's a Georgia Bulldog next year. It would take a Saban-level feat of treachery for him to change his mind, IMO...and I don't think he's got that in him.

I'm not interested in Geno Smith.

Brock Osweiler and Tyler Wilson interest me. I'll have to dig in on them some more.

As far as Murray is concerned I am about 95% certain he has already come right out and all but swore, publicly, that he's a Georgia Bulldog next year. It would take a Saban-level feat of treachery for him to change his mind, IMO...and I don't think he's got that in him.

I'm not interested in Geno Smith.

Brock Osweiler and Tyler Wilson interest me. I'll have to dig in on them some more.

I guess a bunch of coaches and teammates are encouraging Murray to atleast meet with the advisory board.

I just instantly went from really liking Barkley, too... not liking him so much.

In theory if we had taken Tim Tbow and were winning with his style of power football everyone would be singing praises of Tony Sporano and Ireland of sticking with their run first style and NOT buying into the latest style of passing the football in the NFL. Of course that did not happen. I just point it out that all is not as it always appears. Just something to consider.
This years draft is differnt than past drafts and with the new NFL rookie caps makes it much safer to draft a QB in the first round than in years past. If you missed at that position in past drafts you paid very dearly not just because of the wasted draft pick but because of financial hit to the franchise. So regardless of everything else that is a very big reason I would approve of us drafting a QB in the first round and taking the gamble more so this year than in past drafts.
Really very few of the rookies would have played as well as Matt Moore this year but you have the upside of a rookie QB.
You also consider on the other side of the coin that this team was built this year to win deep into the play offs in theory so those 5 wins only carry so much meaning. Either this team is not that talented or was not coached well.
I tend to lean toward the latter even though I liked Tony Sporano as a person I believe we have at least a 10-6 talent team even with Matt Moore at QB.
Now maybe a 10-6 team is not good enough for most fans but I will take it. That does not mean that I would not draft a QB this year in the first round but it does mean I believe that we are a couple of tweaks away from a 10-6 record this year if we had another pass rusher and with much better offensive line play.
In hind sight which is 20/20 the wild cat had as much to do with putting us in this position than anything else. It made us believe we were much better than what we were and we tried to get by with a bandaide instead of what we really needed "stiches". If we go 3-5 wins that first year and 7-9 the next year as I expected then the pressure to pick a better QB would have been greater.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom