Barkley press conference at 4 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barkley press conference at 4

Tell that to the Jaguars fans (Tyson Alualu, 10th pick in 2010, Derrick Harvey, 8th pick in 2008)
Or Chiefs fans (Tyson Jackson, 3rd pick in 2009 - 2 career sacks; Glenn Dorsey, 5th pick in 2008 - 4 career sacks)
Or Buffalo fans (Maybin, 11th pick in 2009)
Or Denver fans (Knowshon, 12th pick in 2009)
Or Cincy fans (Keith Rivers, 9th pick in 2008)
Or Miami fans (Ginn, 9th pick in 2007) - Oh, wait a minute, that's us.

I know you were saying usually you are going to get a top talent and I agree. More just busting your horns. There definitely has been some major busts though in the last few years in the Top 12 picks and unfortunately we were on that end in 2007. I just hope like hell we don't screw this years early 1st rounder up.

Hard to believe Jacksonville and KC are still able to field a team considering how bad they muffed picks in the early 1st in 2 of 3 years.

well it goes without sayin you got to know what you're doing with those top picks and i'll say forever that dorsey was drafted for the wrong system...to me he was and still is a 43 dt all the way...i don't understand what the chiefs were/are thinking with him at end in a 34...never will

Barkley's Press Conference:

lebron-espnjpg-9ccfe49b1a193006_large.jpg

"I'm taking my talents to South Beach next season."

Yep. I can see way too many teams who might draft a CB. TB and Carolina being two of them. This sucks. What are your thoughts on Alshon Jeffery and do you think a top 8 pick is too early for Kirkpatrick?

no on kirkpatrick...underwhelmed me all season...jeffery right now for me i say no but i need to look at more...and i'm not sure i see the value for us in a wr that high anyways...i'm more in the qb edge pass rusher mold...but lately i've also been considering trent richardson but its probably not the right play given our situation either

no on kirkpatrick...underwhelmed me all season...jeffery right now for me i say no but i need to look at more...and i'm not sure i see the value for us in a wr that high anyways...i'm more in the qb edge pass rusher mold...but lately i've also been considering trent richardson but its probably not the right play given our situation either

I think we have to go QB or OLB considering the lack of top tier talent at safety. Those are the three big positions that need to be addressed this year and for a QB and OLB, the really good one's are usually found in the draft. You won't find teams letting either go easily in FA or via trade.

How good is Brock Osweiler? Ive never heard or seen the kid play? any comparisons?

Still pretty raw as he was initially going to go to Gonzaga on a basketball scholarship. He's 6'8 240 with a strong arm and decent mobility. I don't really see this comparison, but one website said he's potentially a bigger Phillip Rivers.

well it goes without sayin you got to know what you're doing with those top picks and i'll say forever that dorsey was drafted for the wrong system...to me he was and still is a 43 dt all the way...i don't understand what the chiefs were/are thinking with him at end in a 34...never will

Dorsey WAS drafted for a 4-3 DT, and he struggled badly as a rookie. They switched to a 3-4 the next year and I guess he showed promise early but those knees just aren't holding up as a 3-4 DE.

Probably safe to say the Browns will pick ahead of us and in my opinion have about a 60/40 shot at taking RGIII if he comes out.

I'm still betting heavily that the Browns are going to ride with Colt McCoy one more year and use their picks to get him some explosive weapons. Colt, when healthy, has shown good ability but the Browns don't have gamebreakers

I think we have to go QB or OLB considering the lack of top tier talent at safety. Those are the three big positions that need to be addressed this year and for a QB and OLB, the really good one's are usually found in the draft. You won't find teams letting either go easily in FA or via trade.

yeah...i think thats the right play...qb or olb...there's definitely no safety worth talkin about with a top 10 pick...but richardsons physical package speed for a man that size is pretty damn rare...thats all i'm sayin

How good is Brock Osweiler? Ive never heard or seen the kid play? any comparisons?

It wouldn't surprise me if by this time next year I'm talking about Brock Osweiler as the #1 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. That's how good he is. I'm a Barkley fan but Osweiler's package of physical tools is too ridiculous to ignore. He's 6'7" and holds a very solid weight, and yet he moves around like a fast basketball player. If he were a Tight End prospect you'd draft him in the mid rounds at least, even if he'd not caught a single ball in college.

He's more than an athlete though. He can throw the ball all over the field from inside the pocket, with tremendous arm strength. Pocket throwing has become his strong suit, to such a degree that now people are wondering if he's capable of running around and playing some playground football...which is ironic because I believe when he came from high school that was more his schtick. He can do both, but his feel for being a balanced player that can hurt you with any number of his immense tools is not yet fully developed...nor is his arm. He's not a professional thrower of the football yet...just a talented one.

But he's going to stay in school for another year and by this time next year I wouldn't be surprised if I'm lobbying for him to go #1 overall above Barkley.

Dorsey WAS drafted for a 4-3 DT, and he struggled badly as a rookie. They switched to a 3-4 the next year and I guess he showed promise early but those knees just aren't holding up as a 3-4 DE.

I'm still betting heavily that the Browns are going to ride with Colt McCoy one more year and use their picks to get him some explosive weapons. Colt, when healthy, has shown good ability but the Browns don't have gamebreakers

i don't ever think you should be making a guy who's 6 ft 1 a 34 de...that just makes no sense to me...as for the colts if its not qb its probably trent richardson imo

osweilers got a lot of big ben in him to me...i don't know if he'll be as hard to get to the ground as big ben has been...that guys like a damn oak tree but i see some similarities

yep...well there it is...kid says he's fully ready to play in the nfl but he's stayin at usc...he said he prayed about it....what about my prayers lord???

dagnabit

Barkley makes it official he's staying. Basically just sounds like he wants that chance at a title.

Tyler Wilson and Osweiler have their decisions become a bit more interesting

Back
Top Bottom