Barkley press conference at 4 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barkley press conference at 4

Who cares. All i know is a couple of years from now im going to be sitting back cherishing and relishing in those victories we had against the bills, skins and chiefs from this year. Franchise QBs come and go but those 5 win seasons are a lifetime of wonderful memories.

come on now...all those 7 win seasons are priceless also...

Who cares. All i know is a couple of years from now im going to be sitting back cherishing and relishing in those victories we had against the bills, skins and chiefs from this year. Franchise QBs come and go but those 5 win seasons are a lifetime of wonderful memories.
Losing more games wouldn't have made Barkley leave school. Losing accomplished nothing.

here's the concern with the trade out mindset...most teams that have high picks and want to trade up will be coming up for a qb...if its not there the ones who are gonna come to you with offers are the contenders looking to rape you of a top 10 talent for their 1st this year in the mid 20's and a first next year which again becomes a late pick cause their already year in year out contenders...you have a top 10 pick now...even if you did trade out to a team who isn't very good there's no guarantee you get back in the top 10 the following year in the trade...i'm torn on the trade out thing cause like i said...usually if you're in the top 10-12 range you are guaranteeing yourself a premium talent...and god knows we could use some more of those...

Hell, why not do both. Trade back to the late first or out completely. Pick up a 1st next year, maybe another 2nd this year, draft Tannenhill or Weeden in the 2nd if you believe in either one. I can guarantee you that Weeden will NOT be a 1st round pick this year. I would even be a little surprised if he is an early 2nd. Not to say I wouldn't take him in the 2nd if we hadn't got a QB yet, but from what I have seen, this guy is projected anywhere from the late 2nd all the way into the 5th.

I wouldn't make that guarantee...not if Barkley, RGIII and Landry Jones all head back to school. I never though Tebow would go in the 1st. Last year we had Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder all gone by pick 12. The new rookie salary cap makes it less risky to take a QB and a lot of teams are still QB needy.

Personally I don't see Weeden going in the first but it may be slim pickens and someone might just take that chance on him late in the first round. Luck is the obvious #1 overall pick, after that it's as clear as mud.

Fins will most likely finish 5-11. The only team picking above Miami at the moment which is likely to take a QB is Washington. Fins last two games are against New England and the Jets. Washington play Minnesota (2-12) and Philly (6-8). The Redskins will be 6-9 next week after they've beaten the Vikings. The fins losing the last two will have them picking 6/7. I'm willing to bet that Andrew Luck is the only QB taken at that point. RGIII will be on the board at least.

A lot can happen between now and April. Relax.

here's the concern with the trade out mindset...most teams that have high picks and want to trade up will be coming up for a qb...if its not there the ones who are gonna come to you with offers are the contenders looking to rape you of a top 10 talent for their 1st this year in the mid 20's and a first next year which again becomes a late pick cause their already year in year out contenders...you have a top 10 pick now...even if you did trade out to a team who isn't very good there's no guarantee you get back in the top 10 the following year in the trade...i'm torn on the trade out thing cause like i said...usually if you're in the top 10-12 range you are guaranteeing yourself a premium talent...and god knows we could use some more of those...

I think theres a little bit of a chance we wind up with a top 6 pick. The redskins play Minny this week and the carolina/TB game should help us one way or another. If by some miracle we are in a position to take Claiborne, I say just take him and run. Who would of thought 5 weeks ago that Buffalo would be picking ahead of us. Sigh

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think even at #6 we're sniffing claiborne...unless he runs a # like in the 4.5's he's goin top 5...just lookin at the teams likely in front of us someones pulling the trigger on that kid...

and the only way we should be looking to make a move up is for a qb...if its not qb definitely don't pay the price to move up

Fins will most likely finish 5-11. The only team picking above Miami at the moment which is likely to take a QB is Washington. Fins last two games are against New England and the Jets. Washington play Minnesota (2-12) and Philly (6-8). The Redskins will be 6-9 next week after they've beaten the Vikings. The fins losing the last two will have them picking 6/7. I'm willing to bet that Andrew Luck is the only QB taken at that point. RGIII will be on the board at least.

RGIII and Landry Jones are expected to return to school also.

i don't think even at #6 we're sniffing claiborne...unless he runs a # like in the 4.5's he's goin top 5...just lookin at the teams likely in front of us someones pulling the trigger on that kid...

and the only way we should be looking to make a move up is for a qb...if its not qb definitely don't pay the price to move up

Yep. I can see way too many teams who might draft a CB. TB and Carolina being two of them. This sucks. What are your thoughts on Alshon Jeffery and do you think a top 8 pick is too early for Kirkpatrick?

Brock Osweiler could pounce on the opportunity and come out. If he did I would take him with our 1st round pick. Way too much talent to ignore.

How good is Brock Osweiler? Ive never heard or seen the kid play? any comparisons?

Apparently Barkley called Leinart, Palmer, Sanchez, Cassel, Luck, Manning, Tebow and McCoy. 7/8 essentially saying go back for senior year.

Bad decision if he is going with the opinion of Leinart (Who had a chance at #1 overall, and blew it by staying), Palmer and Cassel(Two guys that don't not need any more competition at QB for thier services), Sanchez, Tebow, or McCoy ( Barkley could go to a rival, or Maybe their own team takes a shot by trading up) Luck (not wanting someone that may realistically take that Ovarall #1 position from him depending on combines and word of mouth), or Manning (Who had to force a trade not to go to a team he did not want to go to).

He now looks to be an easy bet to be a top 10 pick at the very least, and a very realistically good chance of being a top 5 pick. He goes back to USC, he risk not only not being able to duplicate the awesome year he had this year,but maybe even having a bad year, and he could on top of that get injured with not having his protection in Kalil protecting his blindside.

Tell that to the Jaguars fans (Tyson Alualu, 10th pick in 2010, Derrick Harvey, 8th pick in 2008)
Or Chiefs fans (Tyson Jackson, 3rd pick in 2009 - 2 career sacks; Glenn Dorsey, 5th pick in 2008 - 4 career sacks)
Or Buffalo fans (Maybin, 11th pick in 2009)
Or Denver fans (Knowshon, 12th pick in 2009)
Or Cincy fans (Keith Rivers, 9th pick in 2008)
Or Miami fans (Ginn, 9th pick in 2007) - Oh, wait a minute, that's us.

I know you were saying usually you are going to get a top talent and I agree. More just busting your horns. There definitely has been some major busts though in the last few years in the Top 12 picks and unfortunately we were on that end in 2007. I just hope like hell we don't screw this years early 1st rounder up.

Hard to believe Jacksonville and KC are still able to field a team considering how bad they muffed picks in the early 1st in 2 of 3 years.

here's a question...does miami consider taking trent richardson with our top pick??? he's quite the physical specimen and i bet he's gonna run in the late 4.4's and god knows he's a downhill punisher...not quite the prospect ap was imo but pretty darn close when you look at the size speed and physicality he brings

Probably safe to say the Browns will pick ahead of us and in my opinion have about a 60/40 shot at taking RGIII if he comes out.

Back
Top Bottom